PDA

View Full Version : If you had to choose..

Rosco
November 10th, 2006, 03:32 PM
If you HAD to choose a map to play out of these 2, which would it be?

Wait for it....

Coldsnap & Hugeass

Which one would you play if you HAD to play it? :lol:

jcap
November 10th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Hugeass. It was the first, and it was original. Coldsnap just built off of that, but made it even worse with the vehicles and C4 at spawn to name a few. I honestly enjoyed Hugeass at first, but as soon as the retards got the news it was out, the map went downhill faster than our hopes for SP map creation abilities in H2V did.

Timo
November 10th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Coldsnap is better because it actually has a mildly well made BSP, not just a tesselated/displaced/extruded box.

thehoodedsmack
November 10th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Hugeass. I can't stand the C4.

Jayden
November 10th, 2006, 06:18 PM
I'm going to go with Coldsnap. There's more to it, and the vehicles are <3. However, Hugeass introduced the jet, and that's something I'll never forget. ^_^

rossmum
November 10th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Hugeass. Not as whorey, jets were actually able to dogfight properly, the sniper was cooler animation-wise and use-wise, etc.

PlasbianX
November 10th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Hugeass. Cause i get a rush when someone asks what im playing, and i can say "hugeass."

Btd69
November 12th, 2006, 04:34 AM
Personally, I'd prefer screwing the fat chick, compared to having my penis frozen and snapped off.

Rep to anyone who understands that.

FluffyDucky™
November 12th, 2006, 04:43 AM
Coldsnap FTW. Who cares what was made first. It is what is better. I like coldsnap, was well made and love all features. Awsome map. I love the part how you can leet hax it and get a LS through a gap in da wall and go into other temas base. RofL, Killtacular times 1,000! :D

Patrickssj6
November 12th, 2006, 07:40 AM
Coldsnap-More n00bs to pawn.

ImSpartacus
November 12th, 2006, 09:12 AM
i like coldsnap, but both suck. the pelicans in coldsnap were pretty cool, and the ghosts were actually useful.

the ls wasnt a noob weapon, bc it usually was the first thing to get shot out of the sky, the jet were a little evener (is that a word?) with the rest of the vehicles, than in hugeass, and the mythos was basically useless except for fire works.

i also liked the sniper, it equaled out the power between vehicles and foot soilders.

ill admit the only thing that absolutely sucked on coldsnap is those dumbasses that c4 the spawn and change teams.

hugeass on the other hand was a frickin box with unevened vehicles flying around and the occasional brave hog runner. boring, whory, and a glorified beta for the all-vehicle map genere.

Dole
November 12th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Personally, I'd prefer screwing the fat chick, compared to having my penis frozen and snapped off.

Huge - ass as opposed to Cold - snap.
+Rep please.

IPBJT!
November 12th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Hugeass would be the one. Less whoring in that map. Both of them suck anyway, they were fun the first minute you played.

rossmum
November 12th, 2006, 11:44 PM
the jet were a little evener (is that a word?)
No, and the jets were one of the biggest whore vehicles ever. Unless they came right at you or were really far away, they were too hard to kill because of their speed, size, manoeuverability and the usual Coldsnap lagfest.

i also liked the sniper, it equaled out the power between vehicles and foot soilders.
And proved to be an absolute nightmare when the aimbot got leaked. Plus, the animations were atrocious.

ill admit the only thing that absolutely sucked on coldsnap is those dumbasses that c4 the spawn and change teams.
Oh hi, I did that. After beta testing it and enjoying it but then having the experience ruined inside a week by fanboys who - get this - didn't know who Tiamat was, let alone any other (and more) major names in CE... me and a few friends figured since none of the idiots playing it could figure out the concept of teamwork or were so busy roleplaying (:suicide: ), we weren't going to enjoy the map any other way (the only notable exceptions being when other decent players rocked up or we found a server with TK ban disabled and saw how long we could get our respawn times - I won with 225 seconds).

Hey - at least we ruined it for them like they ruined it for us. And having little pre-pubes trying to insult you is always a hilarious experience.

hugeass on the other hand was a frickin box with unevened vehicles flying around and the occasional brave hog runner. boring, whory, and a glorified beta for the all-vehicle map genere.
Congrats, you also just described Coldsnap after the noobs hit it. The first week (and the betas) were fun, after that it failed hard.

Missile Hog > all, by the way. :woop:

Rosco
November 13th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Yeah, the betas were total win, too bad they didn't last long :(

TheGhost
November 13th, 2006, 03:53 PM
This is a very hard choice. Admittedly I did like some things about each of these maps, especially the extent of the vehicle mods. I'd say Coldsnap had a lot more to offer, but Hugeass was the original, retro map. I guess I enjoyed playing Hugeass for more extended periods of time while I found the custom content in Coldsnap to be intriguing. I guess I'd choose Coldsnap overall.

Elite Killa
November 13th, 2006, 08:41 PM
I'm going for Coldsnap too. In hugeass, when you look straight forward outside the base, all you can see is a stupid looking shade of white and nothing else. Coldsnap's shade actually made sense (when it was in the nighttime) since it was real dark and snowy. It also had pelicans picking up hogs. I thought that was very useful indeed when going for ground assaults. I only use the C4 on my team to watch my team members blow up in thin air. It is very funny when they try to escape in a long sword. So I choose Coldsnap.

Zeph
November 13th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Hugeass. The fun nature of the beta warms my heart. Hugeass is suited to however you want to play. In Coldsnap, it's not.

[gx]Shadow
November 13th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Hugeass. I have yet to play a game of coldsnap and have fun in it.

rossmum
November 14th, 2006, 02:30 AM
You should've come fanboy-hating with me, Reaper, Plas, Teek, Bacon, and any other GBXers who turned up :D

Nic
November 14th, 2006, 08:55 PM
I'm going for Coldsnap too. In hugeass, when you look straight forward outside the base, all you can see is a stupid looking shade of white and nothing else. Coldsnap's shade actually made sense (when it was in the nighttime) since it was real dark and snowy. It also had pelicans picking up hogs. I thought that was very useful indeed when going for ground assaults. I only use the C4 on my team to watch my team members blow up in thin air. It is very funny when they try to escape in a long sword. So I choose Coldsnap.

Its people like you who made me quit coldsnap. The "OMG C4 LETS TK EVERY1111!1!!"

But, i wish the pelicans could pick up the hogs anywhere =[

Bad Waffle
November 14th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Just to annoy coldsnap players, i will usually join a game, run up to the nearest concentration of noobs, and then stick them with a C4. Then, i shall change teams and when it goes off i get the kills.

TeeKup
November 14th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Someone actually had the nerve to use an aimbot in coldsnap in one of my servers.

TheGhost
November 14th, 2006, 10:27 PM
lol, what's the point?

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
November 14th, 2006, 11:07 PM
lol, what's the point?
The annoying asshole snipers who hide up in coldsnap sniping you?

Nic
November 14th, 2006, 11:36 PM
He cant snipe you well then, just stay in a get and you'll be fine =]

That is, if he sucks at sniping and cant snipe a jet.

rossmum
November 14th, 2006, 11:39 PM
If he can, it ruins the game. If he can't, you're restricted to THE single most useless vehicle for taking out snipers.

Nic
November 14th, 2006, 11:44 PM
You can always use the guass hog. That thing is so accurate and fast. My daily run in the park is this. I see a jet. I park the hog, get out and get in the gunner. Aim at the jet, when my reticule turns red i fire. "Nic killed a noob in a jet"

That thing is also great against pelicans, but havnt really tried it on infantry.

rossmum
November 14th, 2006, 11:56 PM
The missile hog owns the map until a jet gets up close and lags the living fuck out of the gunner or some sniping prick who somehow has the patience to sit there doing SHIT ALL for 15 minutes, then suddenly kill the driver AND gunner in one or two hits.

Jet attacks = instant unplayable lag for me.

Rosco
November 17th, 2006, 02:11 PM

lmao. :XD:

I get that. Screw the women with the hugeass rather than freeze yourself in ColdSnap

Trinx
November 17th, 2006, 10:54 PM
Hugeass, it is alot better than Coldsnap, simply because it doesn't take 3 hours to find one person, As well as no C4 whoring.

legionaire45
November 18th, 2006, 07:33 PM
God I have an awesome time with coldsnap. First you convince half the team to get into an LS, when they begin to bicker about who will fly it I assign someone the job and get into one of the support seats, leave a C4,wait for them to go out the tele and wait for the C4 timer to say 10 seconds and say something cryptic like "its about to get very windy in the LS". Generally im the only one who jumps out in time xD.

Coldsnap wins hands down.

rossmum
November 18th, 2006, 08:45 PM
God I have an awesome time with coldsnap. First you convince half the team to get into an LS, when they begin to bicker about who will fly it I assign someone the job and get into one of the support seats, leave a C4,wait for them to go out the tele and wait for the C4 timer to say 10 seconds and say something cryptic like "its about to get very windy in the LS". Generally im the only one who jumps out in time xD.

Coldsnap wins hands down.
OH SNAP.

Planting C4 on the Longsword was always fun, and guaranteed a STACK of kills.

ChickenShyt
November 21st, 2006, 02:28 PM
Yeah - I agree with Coldsnap...it's fun, but only more fun than Hugeass if you have TK set to off...ever fly over the bridge with a C4 on the back of your hog? It's funny to see people's faces.