PDA

View Full Version : Halo Ports. . .

DaaxGhost
June 17th, 2007, 04:24 PM
I know that The following DirectPlay ports must be open for you to play a game over a local area network (LAN), to play a direct Internet multiplayer game, or to play a game through GameSpy Internet Matchmaking:
•80 (Transmission Control Protocol [TCP]) - Halo looks to see if there is a Halo update available. If there is an update, Halo downloads the update through this port.
•2302 (User Datagram Protocol [UDP]) - the game host listens on this port.
2303 (UDP) - the game client connects to the game host through this port.

But how exactly do I open those ports, I am trying to host a server on Halo Custom Edition for fun. And apparently all of my friends say it says attempting to reconnect to the server, or retrying server... (1), (2) etc;

And needed some help on opening those specific ports 2302 and 2303.

Roostervier
June 17th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Go to your firewall, go to exceptions, click add or something or other, and add in the port number, name, and the protocol.

DaaxGhost
June 17th, 2007, 04:34 PM
I have tried that, but is it the same for vista. Cuase i am on vista at the moment. It didn't work for windows though.

p0lar_bear
June 17th, 2007, 04:34 PM
What is your firewall software?

Are you behind a router?

Roostervier
June 17th, 2007, 04:37 PM
I am using Vista myself, that's how I forwarded my 3074 port.

DaaxGhost
June 17th, 2007, 04:40 PM
My firewall is McAfee Security Center. And yes I am behind a router...LinkSys

I wasn't too sure about reseting which would have been my first choice but I was talking to jcap. He said that could reset some defualts that my Dad may not want. And hes the admin of the router and I can't login. So my last option would bereset it. I want more ideas or suggestions before it leads up to that.

Also I'm using vista so it might already have the ports open, I don't know. But I tried just a minute ago and 3 of my friends said it still says retrying server. So the ports may be closed... Any other suggestions?

###########################
Rooster are you the administrator of your router.?
Cuase if your not Could you tell me how to forward the ports 2302 & 2303 without logging in to the router.

DemonOne
June 18th, 2007, 03:06 AM
You have to login into your router and set it up to forward UDP port 2302.
There is no way to do it without having access to the router.

I don't think your dad would mind forwarding one little port, and anyhow, it's forwarded only to your PC.

Timo
June 18th, 2007, 03:43 AM
www.portforward.com
Provided that they have your router listed, they should be able to step you through forwarding those ports for Halo.

DaaxGhost
June 18th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Thanks to you all. +rep :D

And i got it fixed today from that protforward.com and i got my login for the router..

DarkLord
June 18th, 2007, 03:55 PM
So you can host servers? Why do you wanna host servers?

DaaxGhost
June 18th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Cuase I want to. Does that really concern you Dark?

DarkLord
June 18th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Yea, your wasting your time.

DaaxGhost
June 18th, 2007, 03:58 PM
:fuckoff:

Locked.

p0lar_bear
June 19th, 2007, 12:38 AM
:fuckoff:

Locked.Um... hi... heh. The door was open, so I kinda just... uh.. walked in. Y'know?

>_>

<_<

Don't mind me, I'm just uh... heh... gonna... um, raid your fridge. Okay?

Perhaps he would like to test a map with friends or something?

DaaxGhost
June 19th, 2007, 12:44 AM
Who.?