PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Dole
June 17th, 2007, 06:36 PM
I just got back, and oh man, was this a terrible movie. The plot driving the movie is wracked with more holes than swiss cheese, the delivery of themes and life lessons is irritatingly blatant and puerile, the story felt like it was drawn up in a few hours specifically just so they could make a sequel, there were so many inconsistencies and flaws, and as a whole this movie was more dissapointing than both Spider-Man 3 AND the first Fantastic Four.
And considering how excellent the storyline of the original comics with the Silver Surfer were, both the fact that they shied away from the original story and the fact that the comics were so much indescribably better than the screenplay that ended up being translated into a movie are nothing short of amazing to me.

First let's start off with the characters. Any spoilers ahead will be wrapped in spoiler tags accordingly. If I miss anything in the following list of grievances and problems, it's only because this movie was so unmemorable and I cared so little for any little details.

Richard Reed (Mr. Fantastic)
-Okay.
In the first movie they explain that their adapted space jumpsuits evolved in the cosmic radiation along with them. As lame as that is, I am forced to accept that. However, that still doesn't explain why his casual wear and suits are able to stretch as far as he does instead of just his arm extending past the sleeves of a regular polyester tuxedo.

Johnny Storm (The Human Torch)
-When he touches The Thing and turns into orange rock (as seen in the commercial), why isn't his voice changed and made raspy the same as Michael Chichlis' was?

Sue Storm (The Invisible Woman)
-Trying to make a half-mexican, half-God-knows-what-else look like an Aryan with badly dyed hair and blue contacts doesn't work. Period.
Are you telling me in all of Hollywood they couldn't find a blue-eyed, D-cup blonde to play this part? Are you fucking kidding me?

Ben Grimm (The Thing)
<<coming soon>>

Viktor von Doom (Dr. Doom)
<<coming soon>>

The Silver Surfer
<<coming soon>>

Plot Holes
<<HUGE LIST, coming soon>>

I don't have much more time for now, but go ahead and tell me what you thought of the movie.

Xetsuei
June 17th, 2007, 09:10 PM
I thought it was good. :( I haven't read any of the comics or watched the first movie though. Most of the stuff you mentioned I didn't even notice. :x

Emmzee
June 18th, 2007, 07:08 AM
I thought it was okay.

Aeron
June 18th, 2007, 10:50 AM
i know its going to be bad.

but im still going to see it

Atty
June 18th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Do you see Alba in undies again?

Dole
June 18th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Well, technically she's naked, but she's laying face down on the street and people are standing in front of her, so you only see her arm.
Big cop out.

Agamemnon
June 18th, 2007, 02:01 PM
http://www.cartridgecomics.com/strips/2007-03-26.jpg

Atty
June 18th, 2007, 02:14 PM
What the fuck Agayman, that image needs more cleavage on the female role.

Well, technically she's naked, but she's laying face down on the street and people are standing in front of her, so you only see her arm.
Big cop out.What? Why wasn't I on set that day, I miss all the good stuff. :(

Stormwing
June 18th, 2007, 02:16 PM
totally cheesy crapola popcorn movie with alba and a PG rating.

...but i still had a good time. :D
never read any of the comics tho.

"Hemi?"
"Of course."
>=D

and Norrin Radd IS A TELETUBBY LOLOLOLOL

Agamemnon
June 18th, 2007, 02:21 PM
You should tell the artist then, Fatty.

Dole
June 18th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Another problem with the series: Invisible Woman is supposed to be a bra-buster, not a little 23 year old girl.

Mr. Fantastic is also too young for his role, he's supposed to be like 45.

HDoan
June 18th, 2007, 10:30 PM
How did they get the spear out of Invisible Woman?

Dole
June 18th, 2007, 10:31 PM
It dissipated.

"Hemi?"
"Of course."
>=D
That was another stupid part. A cluster of minijets that can fly halfway around the world runs on a fossil fuel engine?
The real Reed Richards would've had that thing running on some kind of nuclear power.

Xetsuei
June 18th, 2007, 10:50 PM
What's wrong with fossil fuel?

>=D

Dole
June 18th, 2007, 11:18 PM
That little airhopper isn't going from China to Venice on a tank of gas.

Xetsuei
June 18th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Maybe it will.

paladin
June 20th, 2007, 03:59 PM
The guy looks like the Capri-Sun people.

Con
June 20th, 2007, 04:08 PM
ONOOES ITS A SHINEY SURFER GUYY RUN :((((((

Patrickssj6
June 20th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Well he is one heck of a penetrator :-3

Limited
June 20th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Hmm, wanna use spoiler tags plz guys?

I didnt even know it was out, im so there tmw :) or maybe saturday.

Pooky
June 24th, 2007, 04:50 AM
The first fantastic four movie sucked so much, I didn't bother with this one.