PDA

View Full Version : flOw--the PS3 Game?

Agamemnon
June 18th, 2007, 12:20 PM
I'm sure everyone from GBX remembers flOw, that crazy flash game that was based off of the first stage of Spore. Well, apparently Sony had the bright idea of taking that flash idea and creating it into a game.

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Games/flOw

It's only $8, but you need a PS3. :(

dg
June 18th, 2007, 12:26 PM
It's nice that big name companies are allowing indie game developers a chance to experiment on their systems. With the XNA and whatever Sony has for the PlayStation 3, it offers a chance to develop their skills. With that being said, I really don't have a problem with the game release, but you would of thought that they would have chosen the 360 for the sole purpose of the Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

Meh, I don't know the details. Great flash game though.

~dg945~

Agamemnon
June 18th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Did you see the video? It's very different from the flash game. It's like a major upgrade.

dg
June 18th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Oh it looks fantastic, but I will never be able to enjoy it. It's too bad that they couldn't do cross-platform releases and end up releasing it on Steam.

~dg945~

Agamemnon
June 18th, 2007, 01:54 PM
I'd drink to that, though the chances are Sony bought all the rights to the game, so that would be one hell of a surprise if it did end up on something other than a Sony product.

Zeph
June 18th, 2007, 08:55 PM
It's not very different at all, just more complete.