PDA

View Full Version : question about installation of Halo CE

redsteven
June 18th, 2007, 02:52 PM
I will of course need CE to play CMT spv1. If I download and install CE... will I need to have halo pc installed first in order to play?
I know that I need the cd key, but am unsure as to whether I need to install it at all.

DaaxGhost
June 18th, 2007, 03:02 PM
If you can't see text than install Halo Combat Evolved.

AAA
June 18th, 2007, 03:10 PM
yeah, it happened to me recently, I made an image of my comp, norton'd over to the image (I only had HCE installed at the time) and I played.....couldn't see the test, so I installed HPC and tada, it worked

you don't need HPC to install HCE

but, thanks for telling me the reason why it wasn't showing the test. I was actually confused and saying to myself "oh, the test is back.....*back to game*"

Dole
June 18th, 2007, 03:44 PM
will I need to have halo pc installed first in order to play?
No.

redsteven
June 18th, 2007, 03:52 PM
thanks for responses.

I'll try downloading CE now.

And what do you mean if I can't see test/text? (I think daax made a typo, but not sure)

Haloking365
June 18th, 2007, 04:17 PM
thanks for responses.

I'll try downloading CE now.

And what do you mean if I can't see test/text? (I think daax made a typo, but not sure)
He means that if you dont have Halo PC installed when you install CE, you wont be able to see the text in Halo CE. That simple.

redsteven
June 18th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Literally? you mean that the menu at the beginning that says "campaign, multiplayer, settings, whatever" will be invisible?
And if I'm playing a game instead of saying "press X to pick up plasma pistol" it.. won't say anything?

Haloking365
June 18th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Literally? you mean that the menu at the beginning that says "campaign, multiplayer, settings, whatever" will be invisible?
And if I'm playing a game instead of saying "press X to pick up plasma pistol" it.. won't say anything?
No, i believe its only the multiplayer text. As in, whenever someone tries to talk. I may be wrong, though.

redsteven
June 18th, 2007, 05:43 PM
OHHHHh. cause i'd only wanna use it to play cmt sp. Still not sure exactly how to install cmt sp yet.

Haloking365
June 18th, 2007, 06:41 PM
OHHHHh. cause i'd only wanna use it to play cmt sp. Still not sure exactly how to install cmt sp yet.
Ok, you wanna download the CMT UI (user interface), which can be found HERE (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=1933). Just put the UI.map folder in your maps folder.
And just put all of the maps in your CE maps folder. Default directory is: Program Files/Microsoft Games/Halo Custom Edition/Maps. When you install both of those, your good to go. CMT is also releasing a new UI along with SPv2, so do the same when those come out.

Pred1ator
June 19th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Ok, you wanna download the CMT UI (user interface), which can be found HERE (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=1933). Just put the UI.map folder in your maps folder.
And just put all of the maps in your CE maps folder. Default directory is: Program Files/Microsoft Games/Halo Custom Edition/Maps. When you install both of those, your good to go. CMT is also releasing a new UI along with SPv2, so do the same when those come out.

wait...dont froget to back up your old UI or you might have errors :)

Syuusuke
June 19th, 2007, 07:55 PM
No.

Actually, when this happened to me, installing regular Halo worked for me, as much as I wanted to avoid installing 1.something gb.

redsteven
June 20th, 2007, 12:39 AM
thanks for tips, have it working now. Got past first three levels and I must say, you guys did an impressive job.

On a different note.... isn't the assault rifle totally outclassed by the smg? or does it do more damage or something...

Dootuz
June 20th, 2007, 11:20 PM
No I don't have PC installed, I only have CE.

Con
June 20th, 2007, 11:42 PM
If you can't see text than install Halo Combat Evolved.
What?

Just run msxmlenu.msi in the CE root\redist folder... You don't need to install PC just to fix that little issue.

Mr Buckshot
June 21st, 2007, 05:44 PM
You don't need Halo PC installed. You will need the CD key from Halo PC, and you need to insert the disc to launch CE. Alternatively, you can download a fixed EXE to eliminate the need for putting in the CD (I do that with my laptop since the drive is slow and takes up a lot of battery).

Yeah, what they said - download the maps and the UI and place 'em in the "maps" folder.