PDA

View Full Version : Transformers: the Movie

Mr Buckshot
June 18th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Is anyone here eager about the upcoming live-action Transformers movie? I am.

When I was a kid, I didn't have cable TV so I didn't really watch the cartoon often, but I loved the transformer toys, and I still have some of them, albeit with various parts and accessories lost or misplaced. The concept of superpowered mech hiding as common human vehicles never gets old.

Hopefully this cartoon-to-liveaction incarnation won't go awry, because the special effects look superb in the trailer, plus Spielberg had a hand in production.

http://www.transformersmovie.com - watch the trailer(s) if you haven't already.

Xetsuei
June 18th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Looks good, I'll probably see it when it comes out.

cls
June 19th, 2007, 12:34 AM
I'll most likely get it on DVD, theaters suck these days.

Anything has to be better then the G1 cartoon, and looking at the trailers this movie already is .Then again I think Beast Wars and Galaxy Force are the only two Transformers shows that are not utter crap. The comics had better stories featuring them anyways.

Zeph
June 19th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Only way I'll see it at theatres is if the entire middle/high school population of my town disappeared the day I was going to see it. My local mall during the summer scares me because of them.

Dole
June 19th, 2007, 01:24 AM
Whose big idea was it to make a legitimate movie out of Transformers? Oh yeah, Michael Bay. :v

KennyownsU
June 19th, 2007, 01:29 AM
I'll see it. I'll probably -snipped- the movie after it has been out at least a week or week and a half.

Mr Buckshot
June 19th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Kenny, you better be joking. Besides I did that -snipped-

But yeah, see it in theaters. Did you ever play with transformers when you were young?

Dole
June 19th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Even in the Transformers cartoons, they realized that a bunch of giant shape-shifting robots cannot fit in any way, shape, or form (no pun intended) crashing into Earth and then fighting in the center of a modern centropolis with the military and civilians running around in the background as if a whole other story is going on simultaneously... and with a cartoon they could have easily gotten away with the viewer suspending that belief for a half hour of kid's television that isn't supposed to be taken seriously anyway just so they could see robots fighting.

But no, they didn't try to push that stupid story onto the viewer. Instead they did the smart thing and staged this whole thing out in the middle of the desert thousand of years from now in an alternate reality. When the cartoon does that and the big-budget apocalyptic/cheesy teen love story summer blockbuster does not... well then, that's pretty embarassing.

Even if they did have to satisfy their compulsive urge to turn Transformers into a movie (oh god, this sounds stupid just thinking about it), they should've at least taken the same approach of the cartoon, not only for better continuity through the series (which is totally disrupted by the arena of this movie) but for believability as well. It's like they were trying to make the movie as stupid as they possibly can just to spend millions producing a stereotypical piece of Hollywood garbage.

If you were going to tell me two years ago that Michael Bay's next production after "The Island" was going to be a movie about Transformers, I would've said that was the biggest load of shit I've ever heard. But alas... here we are.

Why, oh why didn't they just take the Armored Core approach?

Atty
June 19th, 2007, 01:16 PM
I'm looking forward to it. I remember getting my first transformers toys, I still have some, I loved the original series and have all the episodes (purchased them all off eBay some years ago.)

Mr Buckshot
June 19th, 2007, 02:23 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing Barricade in action for this movie. He's a Decepticon masquerading as a cop car 0_O.

imagine:

someone calls 911, and the cop car pursues the crook's car. The crook begins firing from his car, and then the cop car morphs into a giant robot and steps on the crook's car. LOL.

cls
June 19th, 2007, 02:23 PM
But no, they didn't try to push that stupid story onto the viewer. Instead they did the smart thing and staged this whole thing out in the middle of the desert thousand of years from now in an alternate reality. When the cartoon does that and the big-budget apocalyptic/cheesy teen love story summer blockbuster does not... well then, that's pretty embarassing.

Even if they did have to satisfy their compulsive urge to turn Transformers into a movie (oh god, this sounds stupid just thinking about it), they should've at least taken the same approach of the cartoon, not only for better continuity through the series (which is totally disrupted by the arena of this movie) but for believability as well. It's like they were trying to make the movie as stupid as they possibly can just to spend millions producing a stereotypical piece of Hollywood garbage.

The G1 cartoon had the continuity of a plank of broken wood. Most of its best idea's such as The Matrix of Leadership are ripped off from the comic itself and explained poorly. Even the cartoon Transformers origin was laughable compared to Comics one made by Simon Furman. Hasbro even prefers his stuff to the cartoon and they made his the official one that all Transformers media must adhere too.

Don Murphy and Tom DeSanto won't let Bay turn this film into a crap-fest , they actually listened to the fans instead of the more rabid G1ers. G1ers are the reason I actually bothered to view other Transformers media instead of determining its sucks before hand.

I'm looking forward to seeing Barricade in action for this movie. He's a Decepticon masquerading as a cop car 0_O.

imagine:

someone calls 911, and the cop car pursues the crook's car. The crook begins firing from his car, and then the cop car morphs into a giant robot and steps on the crook's car. LOL.

Holy crap, that does sound pretty cool.

Atty
June 19th, 2007, 02:33 PM

imagine:

someone calls 911, and the cop car pursues the crook's car. The crook begins firing from his car, and then the cop car morphs into a giant robot and steps on the crook's car. LOL.If I were to witness such glory I would sit down, wherever I may be, and let myself die. My life would be complete.

LlamaMaster
June 19th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Although I never really watched the cartoon growing up, I'm still going to see the movie. It looks awesome, period.

Atty
June 19th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Sadly I'll have to wait to go see it. I can't stand 90% of the kids that hang at the local theater in my town and don't need their stupid antics ruining a good movie. <:mad:>

Varmint260
June 19th, 2007, 03:45 PM
I've been volunteered to drive some people I know down island since I am the only one with a van that can hold 7 people (it'll hold 8, actually). The plan is that we all get up at 5am on July 4th, pile into my Astro, drive 2.5 hours to the nearest theatre and watch Transformers. Then do some shopping.

Dear GOD, I hope my new work schedule kills that plan. The people that are coming along are rather scary, and I love my new van far too much to put it through all that torment. THE HORROR! Actually, I can just say no and end it right there. Yeah, that'll work.

Essentially, I'll probably see it when it comes on one of the movie channels on cable.

Emmzee
June 19th, 2007, 04:29 PM
It is going to kick ass. Even if it sucks hard, I'll still see it opening day.

Mr Buckshot
June 19th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Yep, considering how disappointing several live-action incarnations of cartoons/comics were this year, Transformers has very little competition.

I have high expectations for this movie. It doesn't appear to be modifying too much of the Transformers universe to include true loves or personal vendettas or anything like that.

The F-22 raptor transformer appears to be the coolest bot right now.

TeeKup
June 19th, 2007, 07:45 PM
The F-22 raptor transformer appears to be the coolest bot right now.

That would be Starscream. :]

Emmzee
June 19th, 2007, 08:12 PM
:words:
Basically, this post can be condensed into this:

"Transformers was awesome until other people started liking it. Stupid Bayformers movie."

Limited
June 20th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Its gonna be great. Great action, who doesnt like watching 2 transformable robot/cars battle it out in a city? :D

Atty
June 20th, 2007, 07:34 PM
People who want more then just the run of the mill Bay movie, we want an epic story.

I better shed a fucking tear, whether it be for sadness or for just the glorious awesome thing I just witnessed.

Mr Buckshot
June 21st, 2007, 12:39 PM
what's wrong with michael bay? The Island was kinda dumb but I liked Armageddon.

bad boys II was stupid but still very likable.

Dole
June 21st, 2007, 04:03 PM
I hated Armageddon. It's good entertainment if you're flicking between TNT and TBS at 9:00 PM and there's nothing else to watch, but other than that it's a pretty irritating movie.

The only movie of his that I genuinely enjoy watching is the Rock, but everything he made after that... didn't hit the mark.

Mr Buckshot
June 21st, 2007, 04:17 PM
lol yeah, The Rock was superb. It had Sean Connery too.

I think Transformers should be an improvement though.

Dole
June 21st, 2007, 04:20 PM
Remember, "winners go home and fuck the prom queen."

Emmzee
June 22nd, 2007, 05:42 PM
Remember, "winners go home and fuck the prom queen."
And losers go home and fuck themselves.

Kinda win-win, just different degrees of win.

mR_r0b0to
June 22nd, 2007, 06:07 PM
I liked the old Transformers cartoons :)
the new ones suck

I'll just get this on DVD. I hate theatres.
Oh yeah. the Decepticons look way cooler than the Autobots.

AAA
June 22nd, 2007, 06:50 PM
I use to watch Transformers but...they stop showing on Default channels -.- I don't have Cable or Satellite...soo yeah, that was the end of that. I can't wait to see Tranformers, I'm inviting a friend to go see it opening Night =D

Mr Buckshot
June 22nd, 2007, 10:41 PM
I have four Movie Central channels (High-Def, horror, action, romance), which are the Canadian equivalent of HBO and Starz (and can be subscribed to for a lower price :P)

I'll go see the Tranformers movie in theaters as I previously said. If it's good, I'll wait for it to come to Movie Central High Def and record it onto my PVR.