PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to be sick...

Caboos001
June 19th, 2007, 11:15 PM
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/item/321/3212778/redcircleoflight_peersblog.jpg

Why me? I ask you, why?
Well just now while trying to help my brothers finish a level on one of there games I was greeted with the 3 red lights-o-death. Ok, so whenever I turn on the 360 it seems to start up just fine. The main screen comes up clean, and the light on the power supplier is green. My games seem to start up fine as well. Now whenever I go into game play the thing makes an ear shattering static screech and the image on my T.V becomes distorted and frozen. Now when this happens the lights will do 1 of 2 things:

1) The 3 red flashing lights come up.
2) The lights stay the same.

So far I have fallowed tech support to the letter with very little success; surprise, surprise:fail: (Microsoft Tech support = :words:) . So, because of Microsoft's lack of info for resolving this issue I decided to ask the only other people I know that would know of tricks and tips to be used for just this situation.

Neuro Guro
June 19th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Yeah, beat it with a hammer a few times, tell me what happens.

Xetsuei
June 20th, 2007, 12:01 AM
NeuroKoNeza is serious. Oddly, whacking it a few times does seem to solve the three red lights problem for many people.

Neuro Guro
June 20th, 2007, 12:06 AM
I get some problems with my Wii too. Like every morning the thing is just like ON automatically and I have to give it a good beating just to keep it in line. I mean I like playin with it, sometimes if I really get into it I just like to grab it by the handle and give it a few twirls in the air. Gosh, I just punish it like every night and when I'm done, the whole thing is wet from my sweaty hands.

SnaFuBAR
June 20th, 2007, 12:12 AM
that is gross you are gross

Mr Buckshot
June 20th, 2007, 12:41 AM
http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/repair/xbox-360-repair.htm

when my old xbox 1 broke, llamma's xbox 1 page was a great help. I hope his x360 page will help you.

The Error Code listings are the answer btw.

ExAm
June 20th, 2007, 04:07 AM
I went there once. Good help.

Patrickssj6
June 20th, 2007, 01:47 PM
LOL a Llama!

Anyone?

Atty
June 20th, 2007, 02:53 PM
No, terrible joke, I'd take internet cool points from you but you've proved to be a valuable person in the past, don't disappoint me again Patrick. <:mad:>

Caboos001
June 20th, 2007, 04:58 PM
I think the problem may be caused by a large amount of dust in the system itself. I may just dust it out with a can of air around the air intake area and inside the disc tray area. This sound like it would be worth a shot or a big no, no? I would rather not take the thing apart and risk any chance I have of sending the thing in to repairs (not sure if the thing is still under warrantee).

TeeKup
June 20th, 2007, 05:43 PM
LOL a Llama!

Anyone?

Oh god, theres no way thats a coincidence.