PDA

View Full Version : What next-gen consoles do you own?

Metroid4593
June 20th, 2007, 08:21 AM
I have a Wii, but I'm probably the only one here that has one... >_>

Terry
June 20th, 2007, 08:28 AM
I have a 360. That's all I really want at the moment.

someone
June 20th, 2007, 08:43 AM
I only have a PC:D

TIA Gangsta
June 20th, 2007, 10:11 AM
I have a 360 (FTW).
By the way, some people might have more than one next-gen console.

Amit
June 20th, 2007, 06:38 PM
You forgot to add a Category: PC.

I hate when people do that. The PC has more potential than any console out there. Look at Crysis, for example.

Mr Buckshot
June 20th, 2007, 07:10 PM
...but PCs are more expensive, and a PC with the same graphical potential as an X360 can cost a lot more (many users are too chicken to build, unfortunately, so they buy overpriced computers). Consoles are technically easier to use (lack of tweaking options) and don't crash as often.

still, PC owns all.

as for me, I own an X360 and I plan to buy a PS3 once MGS4 and more Blu-ray movies come out.

Xetsuei
June 20th, 2007, 10:29 PM
PC and Xbox 360. :D

dg
June 20th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Wouldn't all the these be considered "current gen" now that they have been released for more than 6 months?

And I don't own any.

Timo
June 20th, 2007, 10:43 PM
I think you guys are missing the fact that PC's aren't consoles. :\

Only a 360, but it would've been a good idea to make it a multi-choice poll, so people with more than one can show it.

BobtheGreatII
June 20th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Wii all the way.

Finaly outsold the PS3 W00t!

Atty
June 20th, 2007, 11:59 PM
360. I'd buy a Wii but I wouldn't get my use out of it. I don't play my 360 too much now so no reason to drop another $250.

Xetsuei
June 21st, 2007, 12:56 AM
Wii all the way.

Finaly outsold the PS3 W00t!

The Wii outsold the PS3 when it came out. :v

MithosK
June 21st, 2007, 02:00 AM
Wii60 ftw!

Skilzdatkil
June 22nd, 2007, 02:14 AM
360 baby!

Pooky
June 22nd, 2007, 05:16 PM
None, fuck modern consoles. I have a PC and a Super Nintendo, and a DS.

Mr Buckshot
June 22nd, 2007, 11:07 PM
You might've wanted to put the latest portable consoles (PSP and DS) on the list. They aren't computing behemoths but they certainly are in the next generation. I have an original DS :P and I want to switch it for a Lite soon.

I don't really like my X360 that much, especially with how the LIVE service has to be paid for (whereas the Playstation Network, which I experienced at my neighbor's, was FRRRREEEEEE and Resistance did not lag on it). I might even sell it after I beat Halo 3 (since my multiplayer options on any X360 game are limited to split screen and I only have 2 gamepads).

Dole
June 22nd, 2007, 11:38 PM
None, fuck modern consoles. I have a PC and a Super Nintendo, and a DS.
I have Sega Genesis w/Sega CD, a GameBoy Color, a twenty-something year old Pong console, and ColecoVision. What now? <:mad:>

Pooky
June 23rd, 2007, 12:45 AM
I used to have all 3 models of Sega genesis, a super nintendo and regular nintendo, my dad had a galaga cabinet, an atari, an N64 and a PSX O:

but all that stuff got lost over the years, I either sold it or it got lost in moving =\

TIA Gangsta
June 23rd, 2007, 04:51 AM
The topic is about which next-gen console everyone owns.
PC isn't a next gen console, it's a PC (that's not cussing it btw) and PSP or DS aren't next-gen consoles either.

He's just asking for the NEXT-GEN consoles.

Hotrod
June 23rd, 2007, 04:37 PM
Well, I don't own any next-gen consoles right now, but I'm going to buy an Xbox 360 soon.

Mr Buckshot
June 23rd, 2007, 05:19 PM
although I currently own only an X360, I'm proud to say that I've played all 3 next-gens often enough to get used to all of them. The Wii is fun :)

Hotrod
June 23rd, 2007, 08:33 PM
I never actually got to play a Wii, but i heard that it was fun.

Mr Buckshot
June 23rd, 2007, 11:03 PM
The Wii is actually perfect for shooters since the Wii-mote can act like a light gun, except that it uses gyroscopes instead of light sensors.

At my friend's place, I tried a minigame (not an official shooter) where I used the Wii-mote to shoot balloons and smiley faces with BB shots. It was very precise. After that, I tried out Call of Duty 3, and while the controls were not as precise as they could've been (especially with melees) it really felt like a light-gun game at the arcade, with the exception of the ability to actually move freely.

TIA Gangsta
June 24th, 2007, 06:37 AM
although I currently own only an X360, I'm proud to say that I've played all 3 next-gens often enough to get used to all of them. The Wii is fun :)

I have a fair share of friends who have a variety of consoles (one has all three next-gen consoles), and I've played all 3 to death, and as you can tell I came to my own conclusion of the 360 is best (for me).

All I can say is the PS3 is a flop. No more needs to be said about it.
I used to be a proper Playstation fan. I bought PS1, PS2 and PSP, but because I don't go by brand, I saw that the PS3 is pretty shit...so I switched to Xbox 360. (and I actually hated the original Xbox - thought it was shite).
So you could say I ain't really a fanboy of anything, and don't really have biased opinions towards certain brands of consoles - I go by what each one offers to me.

As for Wii, it's dead fun...for the first few hours of playing it.
After that, it gets boring and I realised the controller is such a gimic. I think Nintendo should be sweating like hell, because they probably know that as soon as people get bored of the controller, the whole console is doomed, since the appeal of the Wii lies all around the controller and motion sensitivity...I think we'll see the fall of Wii in the next year unless Nintendo puts some real use into it.

X3RO SHIF7
June 26th, 2007, 08:45 AM
You might've wanted to put the latest portable consoles (PSP and DS) on the list.
there not next generation consoles

Hotrod
June 26th, 2007, 11:16 AM
In a way, they are. They are the next generation portable consoles.

Bad Waffle
June 26th, 2007, 11:49 AM
i have a wii60, wooot!

Hotrod
June 26th, 2007, 11:59 AM
I'll buy it off you for 1$ Canadian.

CN3089
June 27th, 2007, 11:52 AM
In a way, they are. They are the next generation portable consoles.

current generation

it's only next-gen if it's not out yet, people