PDA

View Full Version : "Windows Explorer has stopped working"

jahrain
June 21st, 2007, 05:18 AM
Just a note, I'm using windows vista. Basically what happens is every time I open up my user/<username> directory in windows exploder, it crashes when I scroll down to the bottom of the window. This is a pretty annoying bug as I cannot access any files that may be in just that particular directory except though other programs such as photoshop with the open file browser. Any ideas?

Btw, They should replace the little sound effect I get when ever this happens with a broken glass sound clip. It would much more suit this error.

InnerGoat
June 21st, 2007, 02:15 PM
Its probably just having trouble creating a preview for a file. This was really common on XP when messing with many gigs of FRAPS footage. Finding and deleteing the file is easy too, as you just look to see what file it stoped on.

Zeph
June 21st, 2007, 09:33 PM
Try Dr's suggestion and change your icon display types to detail.

jahrain
June 22nd, 2007, 03:21 AM
Ok, it worked. But I had to delete the files from within photoshop's file browser because it started crashing every time I just opened the folder. This never happened to me before in XP to me though.

xhedgehogx
June 24th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Yeah, my brand new computer freezes up every time I click something.:lol:

MereCatfish
June 26th, 2007, 04:11 AM
Yeah, Explorer freezes all the time for me on Vista.

soccerbummer1104
June 28th, 2007, 10:22 AM
lol, idk whats your guys problems, except for driver issues from nvidia, ive never had a problem with this os, just the drivers causing my comp to bsod about 4 times aor more a day. (does it on xp too, for some reason, nvidias drivers hate my evga 6800 gs)
also @ here catfish, i just caught a catfish today, and their was a mouse in its stomach, no joke. ironic eh? i thought it was funny :)

Kornman00
June 28th, 2007, 02:54 PM
My WE (lawl, wii) never freezes in Vista :S

Then again, I don't pack my computer with a bunch of software that runs a bunch of extra uneeded services in the backround