PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Don't know if y'all have seen this yet, but....

thehoodedsmack
June 21st, 2007, 06:29 AM
Hey guys, humans aren't descendants of Forerunners. (http://www.halo3.com/comic) Looks like they were both alive at the same time. Well isn't that fun.

Emmzee
June 21st, 2007, 06:54 AM
I've had enough of these viral campaigns or whatever the hell they are. Bungie doesn't need these to sell lots of copies of Halo 3.

Patrickssj6
June 21st, 2007, 07:05 AM
Is that like a patience test?

Borrrrrinnnnngggggg......

Sel
June 21st, 2007, 08:44 AM
Is that like a patience test?

Borrrrrinnnnngggggg......

Be patient...........Aw screw it.

rossmum
June 21st, 2007, 08:47 AM
Ooooh. Nice find.

Sever
June 21st, 2007, 09:03 AM
Nice find? it was advertised in the sunday papers rossnoob lol

rossmum
June 21st, 2007, 10:13 AM
Not here it wasn't... :downs:

Kornman00
June 21st, 2007, 10:33 AM
Not here it wasn't... :downs:
dude, you live in the fucking internet, don't give me that bullshit :maddowns:

DaneO'Roo
June 21st, 2007, 10:45 AM
oh wow, this changes everything o_O

sangheili
June 21st, 2007, 11:51 AM
Yay it will stop all those noobs who constantly speak Halo humans in terms of "us" and "we" tied to forerunners.

TeeKup
June 21st, 2007, 01:20 PM
I could have sworn..

thehoodedsmack
June 21st, 2007, 02:27 PM
I could have sworn..

Me too. It kinda throws a lot of theory out the window. And raises more questions as to why Humans can only activate the rings, and why Spark says "why do you blah blah blah what you've already done before?".

Sever
June 21st, 2007, 02:31 PM
Simply put, any AI is a flat out RETARD. What I do is just get on with it and shoot anything that moves long my travels from point A to point B

SMASH
June 21st, 2007, 02:59 PM
Me too. It kinda throws a lot of theory out the window. And raises more questions as to why Humans can only activate the rings, and why Spark says "why do you blah blah blah what you've already done before?".

The forerunners could look like us, just not be human.

Con
June 21st, 2007, 03:29 PM
I'm sick and tired of wesbites giving me this update flash player bullshit. no matter how many times I do it, they never show up.

Dole
June 21st, 2007, 03:53 PM
You're seven hours late, mister!
http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=86306&postcount=122

thehoodedsmack
June 21st, 2007, 03:55 PM
It would appear as though some people are having trouble seeing the website, and the artwork it contains. Here ya go:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/thehoodedsmack/halocomic1.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/thehoodedsmack/halocomic2.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/thehoodedsmack/halocomic3.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/thehoodedsmack/halocomic4.jpg

You're seven hours late, mister!
http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=86306&postcount=122

Hmmm.... Be that as it may, your post is easy to overlook, else this would have been corrected much earlier. I feel it's best to let people discuss it here.

Dole
June 21st, 2007, 03:59 PM
But there's a Halo 3 forum... :(

Edit: What the hell is 1.12.34.53?
And why is it saved into my Google search bar? I never typed it in... :iiam:

Kornman00
June 21st, 2007, 08:00 PM
btw, you realize those are just machines, not actual forerunner, right?

CtrlAltDestroy
June 21st, 2007, 08:10 PM
Old.

Also, on the last page, click and drag panels #1 & 3. Repeatedly click #2. It should reveal an IP:

206.16.223.65 (http://206.16.223.65)

KennyownsU
June 21st, 2007, 08:18 PM
Old.

Also, on the last page, click and drag panels #1 & 3. Repeatedly click #2. It should reveal an IP:

206.16.223.65 (http://206.16.223.65)

That is strange....

Dole
June 21st, 2007, 08:24 PM
That is old. All of this is in the other thread.

Sever
June 21st, 2007, 08:29 PM
HELLA COOL! click on the four buttons on it's sides to save stuff(I haven't looked at them yet), and the one on the front to play a short clip.

Zeph
June 21st, 2007, 08:29 PM
moved to the halo 3 board.

Dole
June 21st, 2007, 08:35 PM
Welcome to yesterday. All of the three findings from this thread are already a day old for the other thread.

Neuro Guro
June 21st, 2007, 08:39 PM
If the forerunners were a different species, I wonder what would happen if the procreated with a human.

I think thats how we got Kornmann.

Dole
June 21st, 2007, 08:51 PM
<3 <3 <3

SnaFuBAR
June 22nd, 2007, 02:37 AM
If the forerunners were a different species, I wonder what would happen if the procreated with a human.

well, remember that spartans were chosen on a genetic basis, having a gene that the majority of the population does not.

also, remember h1, when 343 says something to the effect of, "finally! a record of all our lost time" when refering to earth's history.

Dole
June 22nd, 2007, 11:07 AM
Hey, just because he's in Germany now doesn't mean you're allowed to add an extra "n". :mad:

Rosco
June 24th, 2007, 05:07 AM
Hey guys, humans aren't descendants of Forerunners. (http://www.halo3.com/comic) Looks like they were both alive at the same time. Well isn't that fun.

You never know, maybe the 'gods' are a much more intelligent race of humans. :/

-£§- §age
June 30th, 2007, 11:09 PM
Interesting....I read the stuff on the IP someone posted...strange. I guess Bungie is just stirring up stuff for us to think about. Duh, it'd sell well anyway...But isn't this fun?

Cortexian
July 6th, 2007, 09:10 PM
I never saw anything in there that looked biological except the human. I saw mechanicals, but no Forunners (if they are biologicals). So how can we prove that the Forunners aren't an advanced human culture? There are African tribes around that look like that now-a-days.

All I saw in that comic was Forunner machinery.

This proves nothing!

Dole
July 10th, 2007, 09:47 PM
On the Halo 3 flash site, it says episode 2 is unlocked. Can anyone find it?

Zeph
July 11th, 2007, 03:47 AM
I cant click on any of them to get in.

Flyboy
July 14th, 2007, 02:44 AM
Forerunners were probably something more along the lines of Homo erects. Just smarter. After the problem with the rings the evolutionary chain took it's path and Homo sapien developed 60,000 years later.

MNC
July 14th, 2007, 05:33 AM
The episodes can be accessed through IP numbers.

Digikid
July 14th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Actually Humans ARE the forerunners. From a past long long ago.

Pooky
July 15th, 2007, 02:46 AM
That's your cue to argue, Explosive

Skiiran
July 15th, 2007, 04:04 AM
Actually Humans ARE the forerunners. From a past long long ago.
Evidence please. It's a nice theory, but stating it as the one true fact is just.... no.

I would actually much prefer a race of robots.

Digikid
July 15th, 2007, 09:21 AM
The fact that a lot of the symbols in the books are familer to humans.

Plus you have never seen THE HERETIC? :P

Skiiran
July 15th, 2007, 12:49 PM
The fact that a lot of the symbols in the books are familer to humans.

Plus you have never seen THE HERETIC? :P
I tried to watch the space battle episodes of that series, I really did. The horribleness raped my eyes.

Digikid
July 15th, 2007, 06:21 PM
WHAT!?!?!?!?!? The heretic was the best Halo machinma there was!!! Even RVB is not that good.

Rentafence
July 15th, 2007, 09:38 PM
I would actually much prefer a race of robots.

But if the Forerunner were robots, then they would have survived the firing of the rings, no?

Stealth
July 15th, 2007, 11:32 PM
I tried to watch the space battle episodes of that series, I really did. The horribleness raped my eyes.

WHAT!?!?!?!?!? The heretic was the best Halo machinma there was!!! Even RVB is not that good.
will you two stop trying to say that one machinma was better then the other, Skiiran thinks Heretic was bad, Digikid thinks it's better then Red vs Blue. and I think Red vs Blue, TSL, The Codex, Halo:CE, and The heretic are all great, each one with it's +s and -s. ok, now back ontopic.

But if the Forerunner were robots, then they would have survived the firing of the rings, no?
yes, maybe, but here is what I'm thinking...
Idea #1, The Forerunner race was made up of two races, one Human, and one Alien, maybe even robot.
Idea #2, some of the Forerunners were Cyborgs.
Idea #3, The Forerunners made robots to help keep the flood from spreding, to repair the Rings and shield worlds, and after the rings go off, gather all of the Forerunner ships and hide them and/or take them apart and use them as parts to repair the Rings if need be.

Skiiran
July 16th, 2007, 12:03 AM
Oh snap, I had forgotten about that.

Rentafence
July 16th, 2007, 02:05 AM
yes, maybe, but here is what I'm thinking...
Idea #1, The Forerunner race was made up of two races, one Human, and one Alien, maybe even robot.
Idea #2, some of the Forerunners were Cyborgs.
Idea #3, The Forerunners made robots to help keep the flood from spreding, to repair the Rings and shield worlds, and after the rings go off, gather all of the Forerunner ships and hide them and/or take them apart and use them as parts to repair the Rings if need be.

If it were the case though, its strange that they would abandon numerous outposts and worlds and dissapear from known existance. They must have been sentient, because they did mass suicide when firing the rings to stop the flood from spreading.

Stealth
July 16th, 2007, 09:04 AM
which idea are you replying to? Idea #1, 2, or 3. Cuase I think that they would still dissapear when the rings fired, cause Cyborgs are not 100&#37; tech, and I did say "some of the forerunners were cyborgs". and if the Forerunner race was made up of two races, then they would still dissapear when the rings fire.

Rentafence
July 16th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Are Cyborgs considered sentient though? Theyre man and machine. I was replying to all 3 ideas by the way.

Stealth
July 16th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Are Cyborgs considered sentient though? Theyre man and machine. I was replying to all 3 ideas by the way.
well, yes and no, yes if they start out as humans and have arms, legs, and organs replaced by machines, or like the MC inplants to help them run faster, thing faster, or something. No if it was built like a Terminator organic shell grown around a machine.

Rentafence
July 16th, 2007, 12:21 PM
I dont think a parasite could live off a being thats more machine than organic.

Stealth
July 16th, 2007, 12:31 PM
I dont think a parasite could live off a being thats more machine than organic.
maybe, maybe not, the Terminator Cyborg wouldn't be infected by the Flood, where as for the other yes, it could, as long as there is a organic brain. cause if I remember right some where in one of the Halo books, it said that the flood can only take dead bodies with the brain in the head at the time of death or infection, but I'd have to read the flood to check my memory on that. But if the cyborg getting infected has a machine for a brain then it'd wouldn't work. why do you think that Johnson isn't walking around looking like a flood combat form? the flood needs to talk with the host's brain, Johnson's brain waves are messed up which keeps the flood from infecting him.

Rentafence
July 16th, 2007, 12:37 PM
why do you think that Johnson isn't walking around looking like a flood combat form? the flood needs to talk with the host's brain, Johnson's brain waves are messed up which keeps the flood from infecting him.

Uh ok. I thought he just killed any flood that got close to him. >_>

Stealth
July 16th, 2007, 12:39 PM
yea, that's what I thought when I first played Halo 1, but after I read a few of the books, like the first strike, I learned other wize.
and I think that when the flood infects a person, the flood parasite makes a 2nd brain, in case if the other one get blown off, or something.

Huero
July 22nd, 2007, 04:44 PM
Uh ok. I thought he just killed any flood that got close to him. >_>
Was it Boren's Syndrome? He grabbed a crate of Plasma Grenades and the radiation screwed with his head.
And Stealth, if that were true, then blowing the head off of a flood form wouldn't kill it.

Archon23
July 22nd, 2007, 04:50 PM
Boren's syndrome may be a hoax to cover up Johnson's supposed past as a Spartan.

Also you realize sometimes it doesn't. I've seen headless walking flood forms. At least in Halo 1 I have. I thought the flood infection form gets buried in the chest cavity. Thats why shots to the chest with a sniper rifle. kill combat forms instantly in Halo 2 and is basically the Flood's version of a headshot.

Warsaw
July 23rd, 2007, 12:41 AM
You are correct sir.

And Johnson allegedly received "Boren's Syndrome" after taking out a whole platoon of Covenant using a stash of stored plasma grenades bare-handed. If his hands were gloved, he wouldn't have contracted the "disorder."