PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft never ceases to amaze me

Chromide
June 21st, 2007, 04:48 PM
where do I start......Well I guess I should start by saying that I love to listen to music while I play video games but ever since the switch to Vista I have been experiencing extreme video lag when I listened to music while in game. I tried everything to fix it, closed teamspeak while i was listening to music, closed msn, closed xfire, nothing seemed to be working. So, yesterday I had gotten some new music and wanted to put it on my iPod, naturally I had to download iTunes to do so. So, I figured why not try using iTunes instead of WMP while playing games. It worked..................Apple > Microsoft..............I also heard that the Zune is not even Vista compatible. The moral of the story is that Microsoft fucking fails at life.

Emmzee
June 21st, 2007, 04:58 PM
Wrong forum. Try Tech Talk, one floor down.

Con
June 21st, 2007, 05:01 PM
yup.

Chromide
June 21st, 2007, 05:03 PM
sry XD

Syuusuke
June 21st, 2007, 06:08 PM
The elevator isn't working =/

You know, I don't often get lag while listening to music...
And I usually have lots of crap running.

Stealth
June 21st, 2007, 06:09 PM
ya, um if you're listening to music when playing H2V, you'r music will sounds just like H2V's sound. mine sounds like a poor hosted internet video. does any one know how to fix that?

Chromide
June 21st, 2007, 08:10 PM
ya, um if you're listening to music when playing H2V, you'r music will sounds just like H2V's sound. mine sounds like a poor hosted internet video. does any one know how to fix that?

multiple sound cards could possibly fix that problem....idk I don't have that problem I just used to get really bad video lag when I would listen to music.

sangheili
June 21st, 2007, 08:44 PM
The only reason microsoft products sell is because they somehow have the majority of the world's computer users. I use XP.

Zeph
June 21st, 2007, 09:25 PM
So microsoft produces your video and audio card?

edit: The platform works. Your expansion cards dont. In fact, I dont know of a single company that has made a good sound driver yet for Vista. They're all freaking out because of the lack of Direct Sound.

Emmzee
June 21st, 2007, 09:40 PM
where do I start......Well I guess I should start by saying that I love to listen to music while I play video games but ever since the switch to Vista I have been experiencing extreme video lag when I listened to music while in game. I tried everything to fix it, closed teamspeak while i was listening to music, closed msn, closed xfire, nothing seemed to be working. So, yesterday I had gotten some new music and wanted to put it on my iPod, naturally I had to download iTunes to do so. So, I figured why not try using iTunes instead of WMP while playing games. It worked..................Apple > Microsoft..............I also heard that the Zune is not even Vista compatible. The moral of the story is that Microsoft fucking fails at life.
Yet you still play Halo 2 on your Xbox, computer, and you keep using Microsoft products. If Microsoft "fucking fails at life", switch to a damn Mac already and quit bitching.

Atty
June 21st, 2007, 10:26 PM
User error for $500, Bob.

klange
June 21st, 2007, 11:45 PM
That's caused by Halo's failed use of sound environments...
It all started in Halo 1. Instead of using software to crap up your sounds, it just changes your card's set up. Kinda dumb because it screws with everything (and if your card doesn't have a supported format, you don't get any EAX)
I don't know about H2V, but in Halo PC/CE there was an option to disable advanced sound environments. If that option exists, turning them off may help.

Even I think this topic is fail.
:fail:
Yes, Microsoft sucks, but everything you're complaining about is not their fault.

If Microsoft "fucking fails at life", switch to a damn Mac already and quit bitching.
Or, if you don't want to have to buy another computer, just get Ubuntu...

Skilzdatkil
June 22nd, 2007, 02:13 AM

The Zune is compatible with Vista, but you cannot use the disk to install the program. You have to download the software from the zune website. I have one :D

Emmzee
June 22nd, 2007, 01:20 PM
[/b]

The Zune is compatible with Vista, but you cannot use the disk to install the program. You have to download the software from the zune website. I have one :D
Also, a Microsoft product not being compatible with Vista is beyond impossible. It's ludicrous to even think that.

Pooky
June 22nd, 2007, 01:28 PM
The elevator isn't working =/

You know, I don't often get lag while listening to music...
And I usually have lots of crap running.

I didn't until the latest iTunes update. Fucking resource hog, it takes me from 150 to 30 fps in Halo CE >_>

jahrain
June 22nd, 2007, 06:17 PM
With microsoft, its user error always. Choosing to use windows vista is the error and you made it, not microsoft silly. Stop blaming them for all your fails.

Emmzee
June 22nd, 2007, 07:01 PM
I didn't until the latest iTunes update. Fucking resource hog, it takes me from 150 to 30 fps in Halo CE >_>
iTunes is the new RealPlayer.

4RT1LL3RY
June 23rd, 2007, 12:10 AM
Winamp is better then WMP and iTunes.
Freeware FTW. Not sure if they brought it to Vista yet though.
It only uses 2 MB of memory when playing music. And it doesn't make Halo lag for me unlike WMP.
I'll search for a vista one and post it if i find it.
Edit: Stupid me, Vista can already run XP programs.
http://www.winamp.com/

Chromide
June 23rd, 2007, 02:18 PM
can someone delete or lock this thread....I realize that I made a stupid post because I was angry about something stupid.....next time I'll keep my mouth shut so that I don't get my head bitten off.

SnaFuBAR
June 27th, 2007, 03:23 AM
you can lock it yourself.

Cortexian
June 27th, 2007, 11:06 PM
I listen to music all the time when gaming. No sound distortion. Using Vista Ultimate, obviously user error.

Zeph
June 27th, 2007, 11:50 PM
can someone delete or lock this thread....I realize that I made a stupid post because I was angry about something stupid.....next time I'll keep my mouth shut so that I don't get my head bitten off.

yes, you can lock it.