PDA

View Full Version : Help my girlfriends little brothers 360!

DaneO'Roo
June 24th, 2007, 08:34 AM
K, when my girlfriends little bro was in the market for a next gen console, I steered him towards the 360. Now, hes had all sorts of problems, and I need to get some shit sorted.

Hes on his second 360 now, from warranty. This new one, has stopped playing games, but movies work fine. Thats about all I know. He just got halo 1 and 2, Kameo, some other games and that, like afew days ago for his birthday. I was about to show him The Light™ and before I get to pwn his ass in multiplayer, and get him hooked on halo, his 360 dies. Well, dies with games. It's not the discs. Every single game he has, will no longer work. All coincidentally at the same time? I think not.

Help please, from anyone is well appreciated. :o

bitterbanana
June 24th, 2007, 11:10 AM
I would take this up with Microsoft Tech Support to see what's going wrong. It doesn't matter how many 360's he will get with the warranty, all of them will break if you don't figure out what happened. If the Tech Support people can't figure it out, I would demand my money back and return those games.

TIA Gangsta
June 24th, 2007, 02:02 PM
He's probably over-using it and not taking care of it, seeing as he seems to be a young kid.

legionaire45
June 24th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Although it might not relate in this case, this exact same thing happened to my PS2. I had to open the PS2 up and adjust a cog that changed the tray height -- and therefore the orientation of the laser. What could be happening is that your little brother could be hitting the tray as it comes out an damaging it, in which case your best bet is to send it into good old microsatan and wait for them to send you a new one.

For the time being though, have you tried flipping the console into another orientation? I.E. If its currently horizontal (HDD is on the left side of the console) flip it onto it's side (HDD is up at the top of the console) and vice versa.

Xetsuei
June 24th, 2007, 08:15 PM
..old microsatan and..

Lmao.

Corgy
June 24th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Ugh, just send it back to Microsoft to get it fixed. Let them take care of their shitty hardware.

DaneO'Roo
June 24th, 2007, 09:28 PM
yeah, I think thats what we're thinking. Legionaire, what about pushing the CD tray in, rather than pushing the button again? Would that do it?

also, lol @ microsatan

Nick
June 25th, 2007, 02:41 AM
Help my girlfriends little brothers 360!This forum does not exist to help you get an adult handshake, ring around the rosebud, or lick of the lollipop.

Nick

SMASH
June 25th, 2007, 01:03 PM
This forum does not exist to help you get an adult handshake, ring around the rosebud, or lick of the lollipop.

Nick

But helping technical issues is what this forum is for. Those are just possible results :p.

Teroh
June 26th, 2007, 01:49 AM
This forum does not exist to help you get an adult handshake, ring around the rosebud, or lick of the lollipop.

Nick
Oh don't be jealous. :D

Nick
June 26th, 2007, 02:17 AM
I find my own means to such ends, I don't post on forums for backup ;)

Nick

Cortexian
June 29th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Solution:

Don't get involved with your partners siblings. Ever.

Thats my solution to all issues like this. In relation to the broken Xbox 360, do what's mentioned above, get Microsaten to fix it. Thats all you really can do, unless you want to void his warranty.