PDA

View Full Version : Brute Shot

[gx]Shadow
November 13th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Some of you older members may remember that I was working on a bunch of Halo 2 weapons a while back(around when Halo 2 came out). I started work on the brute shot, beam rifle, and the carbine, but stopped due to a lack of free time and other projects. They have been collecting dust on my external hard drive, virtually untouched, but during the Sunday night, I picked up where I left off and finished today during school.

And before any of you new members start accusing me of ripping the model from Halo 2, keep in mind that I started work on it long before the Halo 2 extractor was even created.

The model along with its four grenade clip total 1070 faces(if I really feel like it I can lower it a bit more, but my free time is quite limited lately). Without further adieu, here are the renders:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/[gx]shadow/render-1.jpg
^My first attempt at a proper scene
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/[gx]shadow/render2.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/[gx]shadow/render3.png

SgtBotley
November 13th, 2006, 05:53 PM
i like :D

Agamemnon
November 13th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Scooby Dooby Doo, where are you? We need some skinning help from you now...

Oh, and yeah, impressive and all that jazz. Damn, we really need a thumbs up smiley...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Btd69/gbxleet.gif

Btd69
November 13th, 2006, 06:01 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Btd69/gbxleet.gif

[gx]Shadow
November 13th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Thanks guys, and ya, I need someone to skin it. Preferably Lightning or Scooby :)

rossmum
November 14th, 2006, 03:10 AM
Pretty cool... a little more in the way of detail couldn't hurt, but as it is, it's still good.

Did you make sure to model it so that when it's animated, the [insert whatever the Brutes use in place of a conventional bolt here] springs open on reload so you can load the grenades in M1 style? :p

[gx]Shadow
November 14th, 2006, 08:47 AM
I didn't do that yet cause I couldn't find any refs of it reloading. Once I look at it reloading, I don't see it takign more than 5 mins to model it so the reload animation looks good.

rossmum
November 15th, 2006, 12:39 AM
Basically the top section seems to lock forwards like a reversed pistol slide, exposing the chamber. The grenades are lowered in on a belt, and the handle is jerked back, closing the 'bolt' and cocking the weapon.

Btd69
November 15th, 2006, 12:45 AM
Tehehehehehe you said 'cock'!

[gx]Shadow
November 15th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Mind in the gutter :P

PlasbianX
November 17th, 2006, 07:59 PM
1070 faces.

+rep me now pl0x.

[gx]Shadow
November 17th, 2006, 10:09 PM
I have the beam rifle mostly finished now too. I will put renders up when I get a chance.

ImSpartacus
November 18th, 2006, 12:51 PM
is that melee blade normally that big? i havent played halo 2 more than 6 hours at best, so idk.

will it be like the one in h2 coagulation? i didnt like that one, it seemed too weak for it's clip and ammo size.

that looks cool though.

[gx]Shadow
November 18th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Yes, it is normally big like that. Also, I modeled the inside parts for the reload, so it is now able to be fully animated.

rossmum
November 18th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Shadow;9406']Yes, it is normally big like that. Also, I modeled the inside parts for the reload, so it is now able to be fully animated.
<3

ImSpartacus
November 19th, 2006, 03:00 PM
Shadow;9406']Yes, it is normally big like that. Also, I modeled the inside parts for the reload, so it is now able to be fully animated.

do u have an animation yet?

[gx]Shadow
November 19th, 2006, 06:18 PM
No, I did not animate it. I cannot skin or animate my models. Thats what lightning is for <3

And Veegie was nice enough to render me some refs of the beam rifle because I was having a hard time finding good refs on the net. I gotta rework a little bit of it, and them I am off to the Spartan Laser.

rossmum
November 20th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Shadow;9501']No, I did not animate it. I cannot skin or animate my models. Thats what lightning is for <3

And Veegie was nice enough to render me some refs of the beam rifle because I was having a hard time finding good refs on the net. I gotta rework a little bit of it, and them I am off to the Spartan Laser.
SAME!

I can't even UVW them -_-

[gx]Shadow
November 20th, 2006, 09:04 AM
I can't UVW either. We are so special :P

ImSpartacus
November 20th, 2006, 02:30 PM
w8, your doing a spartan laser? i assume just the model, but is it for cmt? i hate when 10 different variations of a cool weapon come out, and everybody manages to keep every single one alive with new maps.

if your not collaberating with cmt, u should, itll make their weapon better.

[gx]Shadow
November 20th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Btw, I am in CMT. The spartan laser can be used for CMT projects when it is done. I personally don't like collaborating for weapon modeling like this, so I will probably stick to doing it myself.

rossmum
November 20th, 2006, 09:06 PM
w8, your doing a spartan laser? i assume just the model, but is it for cmt? i hate when 10 different variations of a cool weapon come out, and everybody manages to keep every single one alive with new maps.

if your not collaberating with cmt, u should, itll make their weapon better.
Not everyone wants to collaborate. If they have a project they're working on, then that decision is up to them and not anybody else.

[gx]Shadow
November 20th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Exactly. And [L33T] offered to animate it, so now I just need a volunteer to skin it cause Lightning already has lots of stuff on his plate right now.

ImSpartacus
November 23rd, 2006, 06:43 PM
Not everyone wants to collaborate. If they have a project they're working on, then that decision is up to them and not anybody else.

ohhhhh, i never thought about it that way. so we'll end up with 2-3 very similar spartan lasers floating around just because people didnt want to work together?

thats truely a pity, but i understand both sides.

rossmum
November 23rd, 2006, 10:51 PM
I see no problem with it, having a few similar weapons really isn't going to hurt anybody...