PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to M808b?

Choking Victim
June 26th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Does anyone remember M808b? the guy who cracked multi team vehicles (http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=48557&highlight=multiteam+vehicles) awhile ago on gbx. It seems as if his whole team working on that battlecluster mod have simply disappeared. So does anyone know how he did it? you would think its quite obvious but i just can't figure it out.

Con
June 26th, 2007, 01:34 PM
More important is the lesson learned that day.

Patrickssj6
June 26th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Is this the vehicle-seats-attaching-via-script crap?

Choking Victim
June 26th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Is this the vehicle seats attaching crap?
that doesn't work you cant enter attached vehicles

Patrickssj6
June 26th, 2007, 01:46 PM
They used some kind of script to make the vehicle have 2 seats at one place for different teams or something like that.

Choking Victim
June 26th, 2007, 01:50 PM
They used some kind of script to make the vehicle have 2 seats at one place for different teams or something like that.
i can't find any command that allows anything like that. the most i can do is make it test if a player is in one seat and if he is it attaches another vehicle but even then the only thing that can enter the attached vehicle is an ai. and once you get out you can't get back in unless you detach the vehicles.

klange
June 26th, 2007, 02:04 PM
(script continuous build_hog
(sleep_until (= 1 1) 0)
(objects_attach hog "gunner" hogg "")
(objects_detach hog hogg)
(objects_attach hog "passenger" hogp "")
(objects_detach hog hogp)
)
The sleep_until actually does have an effect on it, btw

Choking Victim
June 26th, 2007, 02:14 PM
interesting so they just kept detaching the vehicles. that explains all the jittering around. thanks alot

Terry
June 26th, 2007, 02:18 PM
I'd like to know what happened to him as well. But he just disappeared tbh.

klange
June 26th, 2007, 02:20 PM
I actually released a tutorial on it a while back (definitely not as far back as he did), I haven't watch that video, but I probably used the same method:
http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=45469
I've since lost the hijacking script and was planning on rewriting it (it was a whole lot of lols when in testing, especially before I got it to sync, wish I had vids...)

Choking Victim
June 26th, 2007, 02:24 PM
excellent work nonetheless, the idea seem to have died along with the cancellation of project yelo and the disappearence of m808b.

Patrickssj6
June 26th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Even I replied in that ancient topic.

TeeKup
June 26th, 2007, 03:55 PM
I think he went outside and saw the light.

Limited
June 26th, 2007, 05:57 PM
I think firedragon talked to him alot on teamspeak.

I did until he banned me from his TS for pulling a practical joke on him =\

Patrickssj6
June 26th, 2007, 06:13 PM
I think he went outside and saw the light.

I done loling

FireDragon and his Python & Co. infected TS server.

Trinx
June 27th, 2007, 01:52 AM
I have contacts with M808B. We talked on Teamspeak like a couple weeks ago while playing CE, but I haven't seen him on that much recently. But yeah, he's still around. As for Battlecluster, I think he's still working on it, but I think he's just being really lazy.

M808B knows alot about the engine from what I've seen. Last he told me he had a sort of lock when he releases his beta maps, so if anyone else besides him tries to host the map, it exits their CE.

Limited
June 27th, 2007, 10:53 AM
M808B knows alot about the engine from what I've seen. Last he told me he had a sort of lock when he releases his beta maps, so if anyone else besides him tries to host the map, it exits their CE.lawl. I talked to him about this on xfire ages ago. It was his *idea* and it was stupid and wouldnt work right at that time.

He might have made a script one now though

Patrickssj6
June 27th, 2007, 02:31 PM
If FlashLightOn = False then

Spawn 1 Gazillion hogs

End If

WUHUUU! Done.