PDA

View Full Version : Computer POST Voice

FRain
June 27th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Alright, so I accidentally clicked on scooby doo's link in his sig that says "BETA" and I got the one million explorer pop ups. I turn off the comp and I restart and the POST voice is saying something. First it says:

"System Failed" Just System Failed, not CPU test or CPU error. Just System Failed.

After that it kept talking and I couldnt understand it. Every time I start it up it begins to talk again. This is scary, but at the same time annoying. I'm posting from my mom's laptop right now.

Limited
June 27th, 2007, 01:17 PM
I dont see a link in his sig? It probably was just aload of popups. Did you try turning ur pc back on?

FRain
June 27th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Permission to speak freely:

DUH!!!

EDIT: It was scoob's link in his sig at GBX.

Gamerkd16
June 27th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Wow, now I'm too afraid to click that link.

legionaire45
June 27th, 2007, 07:30 PM
First off -- Athlon XPs are ancient. You need an upgrade anyway.

Try resetting your BIOS. There will be a set of pins, usually with jumpers on your motherboard labeled something to the effect of "CMOS reset". It will probably be near your motherboard's battery. If there is a jumper and only 2 pins, pull the jumper off for 3-5 seconds and put it back on. If there are only 2 pins and no jumper find a jumper and do the same as mentioned above or get something metallic and conductive and short the pins out. If there are 3 pins and a jumper get the jumper and move it over so that the middle pin bridges with the pin on the opposite side of the jumper. Do this for 3-5 seconds and switch it back. Then turn it on and hope for the best.

If that doesn't work try flipping the switch on your PSU (The box that the power cable connects to) off and then back on.

FRain
June 27th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Yep, had my brother fix it. He wasn't up when I posted that.