PDA

View Full Version : GTA IV Trailer 2

Limited
June 28th, 2007, 12:01 PM
This trailer is better than the first I feel, it has alot more action.

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/

7f9ABsbKHQo

:D

JDMFSeanP
June 28th, 2007, 02:11 PM
ver naice.

Kornman00
June 28th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Is it just me or did it look more "grainy" (like it was on the PS2 :-3) compared to the first trailer

TIA Gangsta
June 28th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Is it just me or did it look more "grainy" (like it was on the PS2 :-3) compared to the first trailer

Well watching it uploaded onto Youtube doesn't leave anyone in a position to judge graphics harshly - leave that till you actually get to play it or see it on a HDTV. Anyone with a good eye can tell the graphics are pretty damn amazing, even through the crappy Youtube quality.

Random
June 30th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Well watching it uploaded onto Youtube doesn't leave anyone in a position to judge graphics harshly - leave that till you actually get to play it or see it on a HDTV. Anyone with a good eye can tell the graphics are pretty damn amazing, even through the crappy Youtube quality.

I was not impressed watching it off my xbox360 on a HDTV. It has a slow frame rate, and inconsistent graphics. By inconsistent graphics I mean, some parts looked truly amazing and impressive, while others (also being the majority of the trailer) were lacking and unimpressive. However this is most likely due to a lack of polish.

TIA Gangsta
July 1st, 2007, 05:07 AM
I was not impressed watching it off my xbox360 on a HDTV. It has a slow frame rate, and inconsistent graphics. By inconsistent graphics I mean, some parts looked truly amazing and impressive, while others (also being the majority of the trailer) were lacking and unimpressive. However this is most likely due to a lack of polish.

Yeah, just watched it in HD on WMP on my computer, and I have to agree with you that there are some slight kinks that need to be sorted out.
But they still haven't gone through their polishing and finishing touches, and remember San Andreas?
3 months before the release date half of the state was still in wireframe/untextured. The last few months is where Rockstar put in all the last ditch effort to finish the game off - it's where most of the work gets done.
Rockstar did promise a stable framerate, large draw distance, and no popping up, so just wait until the game ships is what I'd say.

Emmzee
July 1st, 2007, 04:11 PM
I swear to God I heard Tommy Vercetti in there.

TPE
July 1st, 2007, 05:20 PM
Graphics look like turd, like all GTA games. I usually dont complain about graphics, but this just does not look good at all.

oh yeah, i hate how they upper part of the face does not move at all, but the mouth does. makes it look almost robotic.

Leiukemia
July 1st, 2007, 05:42 PM
I hope to fucking god that they get some new sounds. I'm sick of hearing recycled GTA car engine sounds, that they edit a bit. I hope they get some good variety, and honestly some actual feirce sounding engines. They were kinda a little strong sounding in san andreas, but it could be a lot better.

Zeph
July 1st, 2007, 07:12 PM
Am I the only one who thinks russian accents in america media needs to stay in TV programming and movies?

TIA Gangsta
July 2nd, 2007, 10:09 AM
Graphics look like turd, like all GTA games. I usually dont complain about graphics, but this just does not look good at all.

oh yeah, i hate how they upper part of the face does not move at all, but the mouth does. makes it look almost robotic.

Uh...your kidding right? Haven't bothered comparing the two trailers, and really I don't think that far back to see graphics comparisons, but everyone has said that the first trailer shows the game as possibly one of the best looking games to be released - especially for it's size and the number of features it has.

I hope to fucking god that they get some new sounds. I'm sick of hearing recycled GTA car engine sounds, that they edit a bit. I hope they get some good variety, and honestly some actual feirce sounding engines. They were kinda a little strong sounding in san andreas, but it could be a lot better.

Damn straight. As a good old car fan, I'd love to actually see car engines that sound like....well car engines. It'll definately improve the experience of driving around really fast, especially in a chase.

Limited
July 9th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Bump.

Didnt want to make a new topic but more news has appeared about GTA 4 :)

http://news.filefront.com/new-gta-iv-details-emerge-from-british-mag/

Liberty City’s equivalent of Times Square will be called “Star Junction”
Niko has a high amount of detail. His facial expressions, movements, and his overall sense of self are all done to a high detail.
Niko’s cell phone will play a big role in the game. One example is the ability to call someone in order to deliver guns to a nearby location.
Something as simple as a taxi ride can be handled in different ways such as simply car-jacking the driver and taking off, or actually getting in the cab and being a passenger, turning into a first-person view and being able to take in the sights and sounds of the city
According to Rockstar, the internet will have a HUGE part in the game, providing the player a hub for numerous amounts of interactivity within Liberty City
Police interaction will be completely different from previous GTAs. GTA IV will use a radar system to track you down. When you commit a crime, you will get 1 wanted star, and police will be tipped off to your current position. The only way police can give chase is if they physically see you.
No pauses or loading screens when entering buildingsalso so more screenes and indepth about the storyline :D

Mr Buckshot
July 10th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Being released for the X360 and PS3, GTA IV does look pretty good! That means that the inevitable port to the PC won't look dated.

TeeKup
July 10th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Awesome a new aircraft to spawn. >: )

I like that they brought back the Sabre as well.