PDA

View Full Version : [RANT] The only thing worse than a Republican is...

Emmzee
June 30th, 2007, 09:56 PM
...a Democrat. Fucking pussies, backing down. They were going to give Bush his war money with a few strings attached, such as a mandatory Iraq exit strategy, but those dipshits backed down (I know that's old news) and just gave him his money with no strings attached. I may support the war, hell, I support any war, but come on Democrats, show some cajones. It's not the Republican party that's ruining America, it's the idiots in the other party that back down and try to appease the moderate.

The Republicans never try to win an election by gathering votes from people that could go either way. They stick to their base and win. Democrats go for what they think will win them elections, and lose. They only won the House majority because people are generally fed up with the Republicans. Sure, the Republican party is constantly rocked by scandal, but that doesn't stop them. When Republicans are in the wrong, they attack. When Democrats are in the right, they surrender. Like the French.

Yeah, that was it.

Warsaw
June 30th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Win.

/thread.

Rob Oplawar
June 30th, 2007, 11:29 PM
Lol, yeah, I'm starting to get really pissed of with this government, but I suffer from that which plagues all Americans- complacency. I'm pretty happy where I am right now, and I'm too busy keeping up with that to do anything but whine about the government. I really feel like I oughta do something, but it's that "what can one person do?" and "it doesn't really affect me that much" and "I'll keep up with politics later when I have more time" stuff. God damn I'm lazy (but at least I don't weigh 250 lbs (yet)). Lazy American bastard /selfpwned.

legionaire45
July 1st, 2007, 02:40 AM
but it's that "what can one person do?" and "it doesn't really affect me that much"

You can dig yourself a bunker. At least then the radiation from a Iranian or North Korean nuke will slowly kill you instead of outright killing you. You get a few more moments to cherish what your government has done for you in the past and how thankful we all should be for Mr.Bush's wise and thoughtful leadership while your skin melts off your muscles.

nooBBooze
July 1st, 2007, 03:53 AM
Politics scare the shit out of me. Sometimes I give in to the illusion politicians/ new elections have actually the possibilites to make a change if they only wanted to. My experiences never failed to prove me wrong. My bottom line is, politicians only do what they want resp./and buisness intrest want them to do. And every few years theres a big circus in town and around a dozen clowns get ready to get a few laughs out of the audience. Wheter its dems or reps its still clowns who are in charge.
:tinfoil:

Pope
July 1st, 2007, 04:12 AM
Sorry to say that this post/thread is a horrible excuse for a rant. Now onto the counter rant:

What do you have against the Democrats? Some of the best American Presidents are Democrats: JFK, Clinton, Truman and Roosevelt to name a few. What about your oh so wonderful president going into Iraq to find his WMD, more like Weapons of Mass Deception. And how is the Democratic Party not "showing cajones?" They clearly have the right mind to go into a war, like Afghanistan, with some sort of evidence (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_11%2C_2001_attacks). Are their political views not supposed to be against war? Last time I checked they usually vote against going to wars. By the way, on the topic of war and all, how many people approve of the war (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/06/29/opinion/polls/main2998882.shtml)?

The Republicans never try to win an election by gathering votes from people that could go either way.

You sure? Also, why do they have to win an election by getting those votes anyways. They just steal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election%2C_2000) them from the Democrats.

Well hey no one's perfect. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_scandals_of_the_United_States#Federal-level_scandals)

Veegie
July 1st, 2007, 04:54 AM
Shit thread.

cls
July 1st, 2007, 08:25 AM
Ron Paul is the only real Republican left really, the rest are Neo Cons calling themselves Republican.

Patrickssj6
July 1st, 2007, 10:32 AM
I don't like the voting system in America. </rant>