PDA

View Full Version : 4th July

Limited
July 3rd, 2007, 08:18 PM
Its that time of the year again (if its not yet, just wait :O) so happy independence America!!
S-E9RS-cJZY

http://collantes.us/img/posts/07042004/20040704a.jpg

Any one going to set off fireworks and party? :P

Patrickssj6
July 3rd, 2007, 08:39 PM
TimeZones?

gg god.

TeeKup
July 3rd, 2007, 08:52 PM
Hoorah?

Im setting up 12 bottle rockets on my roof tomarrow night, gonna set them off in sequence. :D

PlasbianX
July 3rd, 2007, 10:12 PM
I had my fireworks here today cause its supposed to rain tomorrow.

Atty
July 3rd, 2007, 10:23 PM
I have to work tomorrow. WooHoo America, fuckers.

InnerGoat
July 3rd, 2007, 10:57 PM
11:56.. so not yet. ;)

Limited
July 3rd, 2007, 11:08 PM
It is now..

InnerGoat
July 3rd, 2007, 11:19 PM
Oh, alright.

Kornman00
July 4th, 2007, 04:52 AM
I have to work tomorrow. WooHoo America, fuckers.
I don't, WooHoo gov't employee :-3
Have fun finding IEDs for me on my day off Atty, kthx

mR_r0b0to
July 4th, 2007, 05:09 AM
i forgot to buy fireworks :(

thehoodedsmack
July 4th, 2007, 07:12 AM
Happy Will Smith Day!

Emmzee
July 4th, 2007, 07:36 AM
I already told you guys my plans, PLUS: My friend's dad just got a new grill that can barbecue an entire pony, it's so big. So you know I'm getting some of that.

Patrickssj6
July 4th, 2007, 08:20 AM
I don't, WooHoo gov't employee :-3
Have fun finding IEDs for me on my day off Atty, kthx
blabla there is no 4th of July in Germany :eyesroll:

As long as you stay in Germany for that day XD

Warsaw
July 4th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Happy Independence Day! Today is the day where I get to say "nyah nyah" to our British comrades :p.

:woop:

:jibbly:

:beer:

Atty
July 4th, 2007, 07:55 PM
What a shitty day at work, the whole time I did nothing but chat up a beautiful co-worker, gosh, I could've been SCREWING WITH EXPLOSIVES!

My whole neighborhood is full of smoke from fireworks, and they are all illegal here. :)

Warsaw
July 4th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Ah, good ol' USA.

cls
July 4th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Despite all the political crap going on, the fourth of July is still a day to celebrate our freedom and Independence, while we still have it.
I want up to the roof of the parking garage at the apartment complex I live at, saw about five different sets of fire works going off at once. Could also see parts of Fort Meade from up there as well.

SnaFuBAR
July 5th, 2007, 10:34 AM
i don't understand how people could celebrate independance of our country while we suppress others :confused: seems hypocritical to me. i'm pretty happy to be free, don't get me wrong, but i'm sure we could be doing better in the world. two-faced holiday if you ask me.

Dole
July 5th, 2007, 11:32 AM
It's not about their independence, it's about ours.

Besides, it rained all fuckin' day yesterday, anyway.

Warsaw
July 5th, 2007, 02:17 PM
i don't understand how people could celebrate independance of our country while we suppress others :confused: seems hypocritical to me. i'm pretty happy to be free, don't get me wrong, but i'm sure we could be doing better in the world. two-faced holiday if you ask me.

So we're suppressing Iraq? I find that to make no sense at all considering we just removed the suppressors from that country...

Who else are we suppressing?

It's not about their independence, it's about ours.
Righteous.

SnaFuBAR
July 5th, 2007, 02:32 PM
So we're suppressing Iraq? I find that to make no sense at all considering we just removed the suppressors from that country...

Who else are we suppressing?

Righteous.
Maybe from your point of view we removed one tyrant, but we replaced him with the US military. more people have died under our campain than under Saddam, so you tell me how we're doing anything better there. We've created massive instability in Iraq. Not only that, we're pressuring Iran in every way we can in order to tell them what they may and may not do. Not to mention the situation with Palestine and Israel. We've massively contributed to crap there. We flood Israel with money and weapons where they go shoot up the refugees, etc. Also, Lebanon.

It's supposed to be freedom for everyone so don't feed me that horse shit about "it's ours not thiers!"

SMASH
July 5th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Yea, the days also about mingling in huge crowds and doing illegal stuff like blow off rockets.

Yea, so I was in this big crowd, and some girl pinched my ass and said to her friend that she thought I was sexy. I had to keep up with my friends, or else I'd probably get lost in the crowd, else I'dve stopped and talked to them.

Fireworks in the burbs are boring though, unless you drive to a wealthy town.

Dole
July 5th, 2007, 03:23 PM
It's supposed to be freedom for everyone so don't feed me that horse shit about "it's ours not thiers!"
Because that's why I see everyone waving German, Cambodian, and Kazakhi national flags down on Main St., right? Wait a minute--

It's called "Independence Day," not "Liberty Day." That's why Canada celebrated the self-determination of their people four days ago, and not yesterday. It would've been "freedom for everyone" if the events of the movie Independence Day had actually transpired.

1. Maybe from your point of view we removed one tyrant, but we replaced him with the US military. more people have died under our campain than under Saddam, so you tell me how we're doing anything better there. We've created massive instability in Iraq. 2. Not only that, we're pressuring Iran in every way we can in order to tell them what they may and may not do. 3. Not to mention the situation with Palestine and Israel. We've massively contributed to crap there. We flood Israel with money and weapons where they go shoot up the refugees, etc. 4. Also, Lebanon.
1. People are dying because they're killing each other, and that's only in certain neighborhoods. You completely left out the majority of the country; all of the people who now have access to fresh water, an educational system, and the comfort to sleep easier than they could five years ago.

2. What's the problem with that? We have enough trouble getting things together in Iraq, and we don't need any instigation on the borders from Mahmoud and the Ayatolla. You speak as if we're opressing the people and governing the general public, instead of making sure their government doesn't kill our men.

3. Why add "etc." so soon? Have you really run out of things to say so quickly? The Isrealis are fighting a war on every front just for the sake of survival, and are guilty of no more than the Palestinians are themselves; the day we stop sending them weapons is the day the country will begin a sure decay at an astounding rate.

4. Do you or do you not have something to say about Lebanon?

Emmzee
July 5th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Maybe from your point of view we removed one tyrant, but we replaced him with the US military. more people have died under our campain than under Saddam
More people died in Korea than this war, and nobody cares about that anymore. In 50 years, are people the age that we are now going to be bitching about the Iraq War? Hell no. They'll be bitching about something else they don't care about enough to change.

Warsaw
July 5th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Maybe from your point of view we removed one tyrant, but we replaced him with the US military. more people have died under our campain than under Saddam, so you tell me how we're doing anything better there. We've created massive instability in Iraq. Not only that, we're pressuring Iran in every way we can in order to tell them what they may and may not do. Not to mention the situation with Palestine and Israel. We've massively contributed to crap there. We flood Israel with money and weapons where they go shoot up the refugees, etc. Also, Lebanon.

I laugh. You aren't counting the massacres that Saddam executed, and the small-scale invasions he ordered. We haven't created instability, it was already there. But now that the sheets have been lifted, you can see it. America's problem is that it can't stomach casualties. All I have to say is that all the whiners need to suck it up, because World War I and World War II were a hell of a lot worse, and we didn't complain about those wars (and they technically weren't our wars then either). In my opinion, the whole world should just ditch this nationalistic crap and become EARTH. We aren't Indians, Americans, Europeans, Russians, Asians, Africans, etc., we are HUMANS, and we should start acting like it. There's no such thing as the United Kingdom, or the Russian Federation, or the United States of America, there's only this planet, Earth.

Limited
July 5th, 2007, 06:11 PM
This indeed was a great day for Britain too. mainly because the BBC journalist Alan Johnson was freed. Great day it was :)

Emmzee
July 5th, 2007, 06:27 PM
K, back on topic.

Independence Day kicked ass. We saw Transformers at 1:00, then saw DH4 right after that. That night, we had a huge-ass barbeque and pooled our fireworks together and had the best fucking display ever. The Mexcan M-80s I had were awesome. Like, 30 seconds after we were finished with fireworks, 3 cops rounded the corner. Apparently, someone was using a nearby treeless golf course to set off mortars and bottle rockets, and some narc called the cops on them (illegal in that part of town to set off fireworks, but everyone does it anyway). Talk about great timing.

Dole
July 5th, 2007, 10:01 PM
A ton of people got arrested on the North Shore for continuing to launch large numbers of fireworks after not one, not two, but THREE warnings. (http://www.silive.com/news/advance/index.ssf?/base/news/1152105411209930.xml&coll=1)
Then they resisted arrest, started yelling at and hitting the cops, and then wonder why the police had to wrestle them down, break into their houses when they started running away and hiding fireworks, and then take them into custody.

First off they shouldn't have been launching such a huge amount of fireworks in a narrow, densely-populated suburban area, and secondly they shouldn't have been shooting them off long enough to catch the attention of the police the first time... and then they go ahead and start a small scale riot. What a bunch of assholes.

Warsaw
July 5th, 2007, 10:09 PM
The stupidity of the masses never ceases to amaze me.

rossmum
July 6th, 2007, 12:01 AM
I laugh. You aren't counting the massacres that Saddam executed, and the small-scale invasions he ordered. We haven't created instability, it was already there. But now that the sheets have been lifted, you can see it. America's problem is that it can't stomach casualties. All I have to say is that all the whiners need to suck it up, because World War I and World War II were a hell of a lot worse, and we didn't complain about those wars (and they technically weren't our wars then either). In my opinion, the whole world should just ditch this nationalistic crap and become EARTH. We aren't Indians, Americans, Europeans, Russians, Asians, Africans, etc., we are HUMANS, and we should start acting like it. There's no such thing as the United Kingdom, or the Russian Federation, or the United States of America, there's only this planet, Earth.
I agree, but I can't see any more stability now than there was before. In fact, there's even less.

In any case, I'd actually rather have another major war every 50 years or so. Why? This modern massively overpowered military vs. angry kids and old men with guns and booby traps is really dividing the community. At least during WWI and WWII you knew who the enemy was, you knew what you were fighting for, and you supported your troops because they were all that stood between you and the enemy's vast armies. Entire countries pulled together to help their forces, or their community. Think London during the Blitz, or the Germans early in the war. Think about the Russians in Stalingrad. That is what wars should be - there might be more casualties overall, but they're so huge and costly that people are downright afraid to start another like them so soon.

Warsaw
July 6th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Bring back the Cold War baby. *Looks at Avatar* Oshi-

n00b1n8R
July 7th, 2007, 04:22 AM
isn't it nice how all the americans celebrate my brother birthday :downs:

Warsaw
July 7th, 2007, 12:41 PM
And people around the world celebrate my birthday... (Christmas)...:p.

n00b1n8R
July 7th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Hf Jesus _^/\^_

Bodzilla
July 7th, 2007, 10:31 PM
^hahahahahah

Warsaw
July 8th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Jesus was actually born in April...

n00b1n8R
July 8th, 2007, 05:46 PM
don't tell that to the church :saddowns:

TeeKup
July 8th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Jesus was actually born in April...

And he's actually chinese. :downs:

SnaFuBAR
July 8th, 2007, 08:55 PM
actually, he was dark skinned with woolen hair, not some white, pale, blonde european like whitey wants us to think.

n00b1n8R
July 8th, 2007, 10:06 PM
I've never seen blonde Jesus pics..

I actually heard he was budist as that whole "love thy neighbor" thing isn't very Jewish.

Pooky
July 9th, 2007, 01:05 AM
actually, he was dark skinned with woolen hair, not some white, pale, blonde european like whitey wants us to think.
lol, whitey.

He lived in the middle east, what do you think he would look like. I'm not sure where everyone gets that either <_<

paladin
July 9th, 2007, 02:08 AM
I got drunk in Deutschland.