PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] My Halo 3 Dream (May not come true for several or more years)

gandalf27
July 6th, 2007, 12:44 PM
if only bungie would push this project forward. but the lousy little money suckers want people to waste their money on live memberships rather than allow pc gamers to have the freedom of playing online for free.

Made By ME(The Cover that could be): http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/7051/halo3vistake6.png

Elite Killa
July 6th, 2007, 02:23 PM
You still have to pay for Windows Live...

Con
July 6th, 2007, 02:24 PM
but not silver, yay!!! oh wait silver sucks.

Hunter
July 6th, 2007, 02:37 PM
you are in one big dream world. imagine how many proccessors it would take to run this game on a PC...

it probobly will happen in the future.

Chronos
July 6th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Would 80 cores (http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=40469) do?

gandalf27
July 6th, 2007, 02:48 PM
from what i have seen halo 3 is just like h2v on high detail.

Random
July 6th, 2007, 03:45 PM

lol ... k

Sever
July 6th, 2007, 03:55 PM
WRONG! We'll be completely beyond DVD's by that time.

Dole
July 6th, 2007, 04:04 PM
you are in one big dream world. imagine how many proccessors it would take to run this game on a PC...
If a PC can handle Source games, it'd have no problem with Halo 3.

Neuro Guro
July 6th, 2007, 04:11 PM
If a PC can handle Source games, it'd have not problem with Halo 3.

If it can play Crysis without a problem it should do the same with h3.

bfett9
July 6th, 2007, 05:29 PM

Halo 2 Chief: http://www.freewebs.com/pmprepage/halo-2-front%20page2.jpg
http://media.teamxbox.com/dailyposts/halo2bios/01mc.jpg

Halo 3 Chief:
http://www.bungie.net/images/News/InlineImages2007/H3_WSJ_CHIEFNEWS.jpg

I see what you mean.

Mr Buckshot
July 6th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Our computers are already beating the X360, which is inevitable (those of you with dual Geforce 8800's or Radeon HD 2900's will have the clear advantage). Of course not everyone has a DX10 card yet so most of us are either on par with or below the X360 (it's still a powerful beast).

I don't think Bungie or MS expect any big profits from the PC versions of the Halo series. Halo is meant to help sell the Xbox/X360 - the console versions will garner the most profit. And no, H2V is not truly meant to boost Vista sales - it's just a showcase of what GFWL is capable of (although it doesn't do a good job of that).

Halo 3 is perfectly capable of running on a PC at this point in time with better visuals than what the X360 can push. But it's not going to release on PC in September otherwise the X360 won't have its killer app.

So about GFWL - I know it's shitty right now but it's not too late to improve it. Just narrow the gap between gold and silver (I honestly do not care about achievements or matchmaking) by adding dedicated server crap and custom gametypes, whatever plus cross-platform gameplay to Silver. Also, make GFWL a standalone application that is OPTIONAL.

I can tell that developers have not taken a liking to GFWL. Hot multi-platform titles like Splinter Cell and the next Elder Scrolls will probably not incorporate GFWL right now. But GFWL is launched as a standalone app that you don't need to use if you don't want to (but using it won't impact normal gameplay), it'll be much better.

Atty
July 6th, 2007, 06:04 PM
What the christ? What is the point of this thread?

jahrain
July 6th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Seeing as halo 2 requires system specs that are about 3x as powerful as the xbox1 due to inefficiency of ports and os overhead, halo 3 would probably require a pc with system specs 3x as powerfull as the xbox360. So probably an 8 core 3ghz processor and some SLI setup with the 8800 ultra might run halo 3 on the pc at a playable frame rate.

Zeph
July 6th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Seeing as halo 2 requires system specs that are about 3x as powerful as the xbox1 due to inefficiency of ports and os overhead, halo 3 would probably require a pc with system specs 3x as powerfull as the xbox360. So probably an 8 core 3ghz processor and some SLI setup with the 8800 ultra might run halo 3 on the pc at a playable frame rate.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. Inefficiency of porting has nothing to do with it. A console is able to dedicated 100% of its resources to running a game. A computer is unable to come anywhere close to that. The great thing about the 360 is its scaling. A Core 2 Duo 6600, 8800 GTS, and 2 GB of RAM would probably run the game very well at 800x600. That's still a high minimum requirement though, and after looking at GFW requirements, they're wanting hardware requirements to be high enough for HDTV support. After the next generation of video cards are out, I wouldn't be surprised to hear something about a Halo 3 release for PC. A PC wouldn't be capable of running it on amazingly high settings for a few years though, but I dont really see that as a problem since Halo 1 did the same thing.

Idiots seeing a game not being able to run at 1920x1200 would burst the blood vessels in their brains about that though.

Syuusuke
July 6th, 2007, 08:21 PM
I heard Korn said that since halo 3 was on the 360, it would be "easier" to "port" Halo 3 to the PC. The reason is probably obvious or not...

Bodzilla
July 6th, 2007, 08:39 PM
If it can play Crysis without a problem it should do the same with h3.
yes it should.

but we all know it wont :suicide:

ExAm
July 6th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Halo 2 Chief: http://www.freewebs.com/pmprepage/halo-2-front%20page2.jpg
http://media.teamxbox.com/dailyposts/halo2bios/01mc.jpg

Halo 3 Chief:
http://www.bungie.net/images/News/InlineImages2007/H3_WSJ_CHIEFNEWS.jpg

I see what you mean.I don't. The Halo 3 picture is at least twice as detailed, and (to me, at least) getting towards photorealistic, but not enough so that someone from 1920 would think it was real.

Terry
July 6th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Looks better than the halo 2 by far. How could you deny it.

bfett9
July 6th, 2007, 10:39 PM
it looks like just a new graphics. not much else difference. just diffrent, and not that much better.

Terry
July 6th, 2007, 10:44 PM
What do you mean not much better o.O

ExAm
July 7th, 2007, 02:04 AM
Pay more attention. Maybe you'll start to notice how wrong you are, bfett.

MereCatfish
July 7th, 2007, 03:22 AM
it looks like just a new graphics. not much else difference. just diffrent, and not that much better.

And what else do you think should be different apart from the "graphics"?

TIA Gangsta
July 7th, 2007, 04:36 AM
The only advantages Halo 3 PC would get would be slightly more polished graphics (if it's even possible/noticeable), and a few more multiplayer maps.
Don't expect anything more than that.

Warsaw
July 7th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Halo 3 PC won't even give you a mouse-keyboard advantage...

Atty
July 7th, 2007, 01:40 PM
I really hate these threads...

....Yeah, thats all from me for now....

TeeKup
July 7th, 2007, 03:30 PM
LOL PHOTOSHOP!!!

No seriously. What is wrong with you?

TIA Gangsta
July 8th, 2007, 04:24 AM
Halo 3 PC won't even give you a mouse-keyboard advantage...

It's not really an "advantage", because it simple makes it easier to play the game, but you don't get a specific advantage because everyone on the Xbox is using a controller, and everyone on PC is using a keyboard.
And in terms of the actual game itself, the way you play the game isn't noted - unless you're using something like a Wii Controller.

Berkut
July 8th, 2007, 04:42 AM
I thought that gandalf moron left? Damn.

gandalf27
July 9th, 2007, 03:56 PM
no i am still here, and i'd appreciate it if you didn't start up a flame thread about me.

Halo2Vista
July 9th, 2007, 06:12 PM
WRONG! We'll be completely beyond DVD's by that time.

because by the time blu-ray gets computers fully going it's going to be obselete in the next few years. (so hard to keep up to date with technology with all of the expensive prices (due to inflation))

Warsaw
July 9th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Spinning optical drives are rapidly becoming outdated. Soon, Hard Drives will simply be like massive built-in USB sticks.

ExAm
July 9th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Hopefully. Solid state stuff is a lot more reliable than disks.

Halo2Vista, I'm pretty sure that Blu-Ray is going to go the way of most other Sony formats. It'll be dead soon.

Berkut
July 9th, 2007, 11:48 PM
no i am still here, and i'd appreciate it if you didn't start up a flame thread about me.
Too bad that I don't give a shit about what you do and don't appreciate.

legionaire45
July 10th, 2007, 01:54 AM
http://www.fukung.net/images/5691/stfucortez.gif
And don't expect a Halo 3 Vienna (It will be at least 2 to 3 years) until exactly that, 2 to 3 years. I'm sure by then it will look like a dated turd and bungie will have a new IP in the works or something like that.

gandalf27
July 10th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Too bad that I don't give a shit about what you do and don't appreciate. please again i am asking you nicely not to start up a flame thread. either post properly or dont post at all.

Berkut
July 10th, 2007, 08:41 AM
please again i am asking you nicely not to start up a flame thread. either post properly or dont post at all.
I'll start posting properly when you start using grammar properly, how about that for a deal?

ImSpartacus
July 10th, 2007, 01:06 PM
And don't expect a Halo 3 Vienna (It will be at least 2 to 3 years) until exactly that, 2 to 3 years. I'm sure by then it will look like a dated turd and bungie will have a new IP in the works or something like that.

why not? (btw, its not vienna anymore, its seven). m$ needs some mola, and a its a valid revenue producer, so i would think itll just be 2-3 years until h3x has run its course, then we get to play.

but then again, we all will be runnign vista, and bitching about having to switch os's, and whining about how seven (vienna) is an unstable resource hog.

its not an 'if it happens' as much as an 'when it happens'.

TeeKup
July 10th, 2007, 01:22 PM

Just 2 questions.

Who are you? And why are you posting in this thread then?

legionaire45
July 10th, 2007, 01:40 PM
why not? (btw, its not vienna anymore, its seven). m$ needs some mola, and a its a valid revenue producer, so i would think itll just be 2-3 years until h3x has run its course, then we get to play.

but then again, we all will be runnign vista, and bitching about having to switch os's, and whining about how seven (vienna) is an unstable resource hog.

its not an 'if it happens' as much as an 'when it happens'.
Of coarse they'll make it, I just said that by then it will be outdated and we will all be excited to death by whatever else Bungie has in store.

and yeah, we'll be bitching about Windows Seven =D.

Flyboy
July 10th, 2007, 03:09 PM
I still hate bungie for saying it would look like this: http://blogs.theage.com.au/screenplay/archives/H3_e32006_ChiefIntro.jpg

For fucks sake use [shot] tags. ~Timo

SMASH
July 10th, 2007, 03:27 PM

And who the heck might you be? You seemed to pop out of no where, flame everyone, somehow get two bars of rep and several infractions. I must've missed something.

TeeKup
July 10th, 2007, 03:34 PM
And who the heck might you be? You seemed to pop out of no where, flame everyone, somehow get two bars of rep and several infractions. I must've missed something.

I think I did too.

SMASH
July 10th, 2007, 04:13 PM
I think I did too.

But you at least model well. I haven't seen crap out of this guy but flames.

TIA Gangsta
July 10th, 2007, 04:47 PM
I still hate bungie for saying it would look like this:
[The Halo 3 that will never be]

Ditto. I have officially lost all faith in Bungie making it look something as good as, or better than that. Looks like they've pulled off another Halo 2 advertising campaign.
I will personally murder Bungie if it doesn't turn out as good as that - and I'll tell you why:

It's not because I think graphics make the whole game (duh), it's not because I think the current graphics suck (cos they don't...) - it's because everytime I play the game, I will always have a constant reminder in my head that this very legendary game, the last in the awesome story arc, the story arc and series I've loved playing so much, could have looked so much better than this.
Even though graphics don't make the whole game, I do believe that good graphics definately adds to the atmosphere and just immerses you into the game more, if the balance between graphics and gameplay is right (which in Halo games, you don't have to worry about gameplay).
The experience in general would just be that much better...but instead we've got a toned down version - that's what bugs me - it'll always feel like we're playing an unfinished game, a toned down version, a second Beta.

The game that we all saw last year doesn't seem to be coming.

Berkut
July 10th, 2007, 10:48 PM
For fuck's sake, are you blind? It doesn't need to be shiny enough to burn your goddamn eyes out, the game isn't finished, and in any case you probably don't know the first thing about what you're complaining about. Until the final release, shut the fuck up with this "OMG THEY RUINED THE GAME" shit.

@ everyone else - what, lurking is illegal now? Oh, ok. Also, one infraction is hardly 'several'.

I find it hilarious that you guys would simply jump on the bandwagon if an established member posted that. You sure as hell do it in every other thread. But no, since I'm new, you all decide to act like you're the sole arbiters of justice in this place. This is your wake-up call: stop being such massive hypocrites and start treating members equally. That means you quit sucking up to the "cool group" and paying out on any new members who mirror their behavior. I bet if someone like Snaf or Rossmum posted the kind of shit I have, you'd be agreeing for all you're worth. It's not like it'd be the first time, either.

ExAm
July 10th, 2007, 10:48 PM
I think it looks better than ever, if you ask me. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Warsaw
July 10th, 2007, 11:21 PM
@Berkut: I'm fairly new. I acted similarly to the "cool members" when I joined. I was not ridiculed for it. Therefore, your statement lacks a backing.

ExAm
July 10th, 2007, 11:29 PM
I have two infractions >_>

rossmum
July 10th, 2007, 11:36 PM
@Berkut: I'm fairly new. I acted similarly to the "cool members" when I joined. I was not ridiculed for it. Therefore, your statement lacks a backing.
I don't see it does.

He's basically summarised what I've been complaining about to the staff for a long, long time... I can go and troll for all I'm worth, and never get in shit for it. He's doing what I've done previously, and he's already got an infraction and pissed a lot of you off. I wonder how everyone would've reacted if it was me who made that post... well, for a start, I doubt I'd get the infraction and I doubt that the rest of you would be so scathing. He's exactly right, I can go and flame outright and you'll all jump on the bandwagon (like practically every time I poke fun at Stealth), but the moment someone else does the exact same thing, you all try and take the moral high ground like you're all so perfect.

Rather disgusting really.

Warsaw
July 10th, 2007, 11:39 PM
I remember scolding Atty for his sarcasm when I first came here. I just have yet to see one of the senior members act brash yet.

rossmum
July 10th, 2007, 11:41 PM
Really?

What, do you cover your eyes when I post or something? If I got warned fairly I would've been banned inside a week.

Warsaw
July 10th, 2007, 11:43 PM
I usually stay out of arguments. Usually, key word there. They typically aren't my business. I regret getting involved in the ones I did. If I have anything to say right now though, I say your user title is a bit inappropriate. Another thing is that Snaf should do away with the slight ego, it really gets irritating after awhile. It's always sarcasm first, constructive criticism second. Break peoples' spirit and then tell them what they should've done after they aren't too willing to try anymore after being put down on their first attempt.

There, happy?

rossmum
July 10th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Swearing really doesn't come across as inappropriate on a forum with no word filters :o

Also, I wouldn't say Snaf has an ego as such. He's just fed up. Like me.

Warsaw
July 10th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Punching bags and firing ranges are for taking out anger, not e-shouting at people new to an area of 3D or 2D art when they try to show off something they've accomplished and are proud of.

And it's not really the swearing in your title, it's just the way it's worded. Nobody in the right frame of mind likes being told "f*ck you."

rossmum
July 11th, 2007, 12:10 AM
It's not directed, though. If I had a username in there, then it'd be inappropriate. :p

Also, I've never seen Snaf do that unless they couldn't accept crit. Ever. And I've known him for what... 2 years, at least.

Dootuz
July 11th, 2007, 02:26 AM

Wow.... Someone didn't watch e3.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=ethreeblowout

SMASH
July 11th, 2007, 10:40 AM
I find it hilarious that you guys would simply jump on the bandwagon if an established member posted that. You sure as hell do it in every other thread. But no, since I'm new, you all decide to act like you're the sole arbiters of justice in this place. This is your wake-up call: stop being such massive hypocrites and start treating members equally. That means you quit sucking up to the "cool group" and paying out on any new members who mirror their behavior. I bet if someone like Snaf or Rossmum posted the kind of shit I have, you'd be agreeing for all you're worth. It's not like it'd be the first time, either.

Wow, you have some balls eh? How bout some respect since you just got here. Here's you're wake up call, don't be them, and all will be ok. I've gotten 3 infractions, but at least I didn't just show up out of the blue and start flaming everything I disagreed with.

So you are saying your just flaming to be cool? It really isn't cool, I've never really noticed Rossmums but I know I've called Snaf on it a time or two. Theres also a difference in flaming losers like Hogdriver, and flaming other members. Hogdriver deserves it, the other members don't.

rossmum
July 11th, 2007, 11:50 AM
You're all still jumping on him and proving his point. Well done.

Berkut
July 11th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Wow, you have some balls eh? How bout some respect since you just got here.
I don't think it makes the slightest bit of difference when I got here - well, it obviously does to you and just about everyone else here - because it's extremely childish to base your attitude towards someone on how long they've been here.

Here's you're wake up call, don't be them, and all will be ok. I've gotten 3 infractions, but at least I didn't just show up out of the blue and start flaming everything I disagreed with.
Meanwhile, they can continue without a care in the world. Right.

So you are saying your just flaming to be cool?
So where exactly did you read that? No really, where did I say that at all? Where did I even imply it? I want an unedited, rock-solid quote which plainly states that was my intent. If you can't find it, then you'd better lay off with the baseless assumptions.

It really isn't cool, I've never really noticed Rossmums
Try opening your eyes as you read his posts.

but I know I've called Snaf on it a time or two.
Yeah, but I doubt you hit the fucking roof like you just did with me, right?

Theres also a difference in flaming losers like Hogdriver, and flaming other members. Hogdriver deserves it, the other members don't.
I've been lurking here for quite some time and know several of the members better than most of you. So I think I can determine who does and who doesn't, thanks.

Now if you don't mind, kindly stop trying to shame me into shutting up. You're one of the good members here and I'd rather not get any further into senseless, childish shitfights with you.

rossmum
July 11th, 2007, 12:18 PM
For fuck's sake, quit arguing.

As much as Berkut is trolling in just about every fucking post he makes, he also just made a very good point, one which rings very true to me. As much as you guys might deny it, Berkut is - for whatever reason, probably the same ones I had - echoing exactly what I've done on these forums for God knows how long. And you know what? Almost nobody actually stood up to me and said anything. Those who did were either shot down in short order, or simply set upon by everyone else (Stealth, anyone?). Most of the other members just hopped right on that bandwagon without a second thought, and I was suddenly the cool guy for bashing someone on an online forum. I mean, what the fuck... some random finally signs up an account and carries on what I've begun to stop doing, and you guys are all over them just because they "started flaming out of the blue"? I can pretty much guarantee that almost none of the other established members on this site (including you, Smash) could give a shit less if I randomly came into someone's thread just to insult them; hell, I've done it often enough before.

Maybe you should all examine your own attitude problems before you harp on about someone else's. Christ, this place has too much lame drama as it is.

jcap
July 11th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Sadly, Berkut is correct. His points are completely valid and can be proven by looking at any "show off" threads. I have to say, tend to gravitate towards some members more than others, though I try as hard as I can to be fair. Everyone does it. If you deny it, then you're just lying to yourself and being hypocritical. Hell, if I wasn't locking this thread right now, some of you would probably jump the gun and start agreeing with me just because I'm at a higher power than everyone else, without even reconsidering the argument.

gandalf27
July 11th, 2007, 02:01 PM
this is the last time i am going to open up this thread now either stay on topic or make your own topic to bitch about berkut, and other stupid things. The only reason i made that picture was cause i was bored and i just wanted to share it. I don't know why Berkut has something against me ,and frankly i dont care. if he wants to make pointless comments about me fine he can do it in another thread. Once again this is the last time this thread will be opened. if anyone goes of topic or if Berkut wants to keep posting nonsense then its going to be locked.

TeeKup
July 11th, 2007, 02:19 PM
FYI You're not supposed to open a thread after an admin locked it. Read the rules.

rossmum
July 11th, 2007, 08:22 PM
this is the last time i am going to open up this thread now either stay on topic or make your own topic to bitch about berkut, and other stupid things. The only reason i made that picture was cause i was bored and i just wanted to share it. I don't know why Berkut has something against me ,and frankly i dont care. if he wants to make pointless comments about me fine he can do it in another thread. Once again this is the last time this thread will be opened. if anyone goes of topic or if Berkut wants to keep posting nonsense then its going to be locked.
You're in deep shit, buddy. If you'd actually taken the 5 minutes necessary to read the rules, you'd know that unlocking a thread locked by an admin is probably one of the worst things you could possibly do as far as rule-breaking goes.

Looks like Berkut might get his wish after all.