PDA

View Full Version : UMT - Universal Mapping Team

Pages : [1] 2

Teh Ganon
July 6th, 2007, 10:25 PM
These are foreign grounds for me, I don't usually post here. What I came here to do was tell you folks over here about a new mapping team. We are basically comprised of the competent mappers from the Halomaps forums, who have grown tired of annoying noobs there and decided to make a team. We have a couple projects underway already, as seen in the WIP page linked to at the homepage. But I suppose for me to prove I'm not talkin out of the rectal depository, I'll just give you guys the link to the site:

http://www.freewebs.com/umtmapping/

Ki11a_FTW
July 6th, 2007, 10:28 PM
The WIPS are coming along nicely, this does have potential

Jay2645
July 6th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Well, as you can see, I'm on the members list, so...
Anyway, yeah, that's our mapping team. We're still deciding on a first project.

ICEE
July 6th, 2007, 10:36 PM
im on the *cough*betatesterlist but still. i know that they have potential. ive played maps by ganon and m6deep, and theyre both very talented. other members i havent played maps by, but still i know are talented and knowledgable

Con
July 6th, 2007, 10:56 PM
looks promising

Mass
July 6th, 2007, 11:05 PM
looks promising

Thanks. I made the BSP for Archive (the first map) and the hog-thing.
Also, my first post here.

Con
July 6th, 2007, 11:09 PM
Welcome, here's some +rep to get you going.

Mass
July 6th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Welcome, here's some +rep to get you going.
Thank you.

Masterz1337
July 6th, 2007, 11:15 PM
lol thats the CMT SL skin turned grey. teh ganon is one of cheatsmans pals.

ICEE
July 6th, 2007, 11:17 PM
i dont know that he is masterz.ive known ganon a while. plus ganon didnt make that skin

Mass
July 6th, 2007, 11:18 PM

Actually, M6deep made that. and cheatsman isn't a douche anymore.

Teh Ganon
July 6th, 2007, 11:18 PM
lol, I left a suprise in massacres autobiography. go to the team section and click on his name. 0__o

Mass
July 6th, 2007, 11:19 PM
lol, I left a suprise in massacres autobiography. go to the team section and click on his name. 0__o

Oh god what did you do?

ICEE
July 6th, 2007, 11:21 PM
really what DID you do? i dont see anything hilarious

Teh Ganon
July 6th, 2007, 11:23 PM

hehe, no. But I am his friend, not one of his parters in crime. And the skin may look like the one from the cmt's, but no. It's original.

Masterz1337
July 6th, 2007, 11:26 PM
email or post the skin and I will believe you.

Mass
July 6th, 2007, 11:27 PM
really what DID you do? i dont see anything hilarious
The picture, I was showing him that bsp I made earlier, he liked it and added it to my profile, he's like an agent. :cool:

Except less permission-y.

SMASH
July 6th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Lead Promotions Manager

IllegalCheatsman

Under "The Team" Section.

Basically, let me explain something to you. This person is not a friendly name to use around here, either is hogdriver, so don't bring him up either.

Also, where is hogdriver in your little roster? It says in your autobio Teh Ganon, that he and you were good friends and you both founded the team. So where is he?

Mass
July 6th, 2007, 11:33 PM
email or post the skin and I will believe you.

yeah, well as I said deep made it and he's not on:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o97/nate-the-great_photos/proof.jpg

Mr Buckshot
July 6th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Looks promising. By the way, freewebs is a terrible host, go use geocities.

Mass
July 6th, 2007, 11:38 PM

Basically, let me explain something to you. This person is not a friendly name to use around here, either is hogdriver, so don't bring him up either.

Also, where is hogdriver in your little roster? It says in your autobio Teh Ganon, that he and you were good friends and you both founded the team. So where is he?

I would know if hogfag was on the team, and he's not. If he was, I wouldn't be.

Teh Ganon
July 6th, 2007, 11:42 PM

There must be a missunderstanding, I never said in any way shape or form that I was friends with hogfaggot! And cheatsman is understandable, but don't go nuts, he has a watered down version of an actual job. He just makes banners and certain signs/HUD/bitmaps ect...

Masterz1337
July 6th, 2007, 11:51 PM
No, Anthony is a Grade A moron.

SMASH
July 6th, 2007, 11:56 PM
There must be a missunderstanding, I never said in any way shape or form that I was friends with hogfaggot! And cheatsman is understandable, but don't go nuts, he has a watered down version of an actual job. He just makes banners and certain signs/HUD/bitmaps ect...

Yea, sorry, I misread.

Donut
July 6th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Hey im part of the team too. i make pickup icons, im doing some hud work, iv made some cool weapons, and i can animate pretty well

Mass
July 7th, 2007, 12:14 AM
No, Anthony is a Grade A moron.

I suppose you could say that. lol.

Teh Ganon
July 7th, 2007, 12:20 AM
A+:)

Lightning
July 7th, 2007, 01:10 AM
Hate to burst your bubble, but..

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/8276/lolslvi2.gif

That's scooby's skin, just improperly UVW'd.

Other than that, looking very promising! Keep up the work! (I'm loving that Archive map's structure so far)

Mass
July 7th, 2007, 01:14 AM
Hate to burst your bubble, but..

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/8276/lolslvi2.gif

That's scooby's skin, just improperly UVW'd.

Other than that, looking very promising! Keep up the work! (I'm loving that Archive map's structure so far)

Well, I wouldn't know, I didn't make it, but they look different to me. Also thanks for the compliment.

Teh Ganon
July 7th, 2007, 01:19 AM
im a bit kerfuzzled on how u think they are the same. honestly even if it WAS his skin there are enough changes to basically make it a different texture. and its not...

Masterz1337
July 7th, 2007, 01:21 AM
You guys ripped the old skin.

Archon23
July 7th, 2007, 01:22 AM
I'm pretty sure he means skin not model. If you look closely there are spots that are exactly the same on both of em.

Teh Ganon
July 7th, 2007, 01:22 AM
this is funny. yet pathetic...

Masterz1337
July 7th, 2007, 01:23 AM
Did I miss somethign where the models are pretty much exactly the same, and the CMT one only has extra details on the skin? If you guys don't stop, you could all end up like hogdriver.

Lightning
July 7th, 2007, 01:23 AM
The reason they look different is because it's UVW'd incorrectly.

Just look at the back part of the trigger area, you can clearly see it.. It's plainly visible.

Archon23
July 7th, 2007, 01:25 AM
Nope nevermind I take what I said. Gotta start looking more closely.........

Bodzilla
July 7th, 2007, 01:27 AM
woah drama happening in this thread :3

Mass
July 7th, 2007, 01:28 AM
Did I miss somethign where the models are pretty much exactly the same, and the CMT one only has extra details on the skin? If you guys don't stop, you could all end up like hogdriver.

Like I said, I didn't make it, and the guy who did isn't online. I can see what you're saying--but I'd like to see what he has to say.

Teh Ganon
July 7th, 2007, 01:37 AM
Can't a brotha make a Spartan Laser.

ICEE
July 7th, 2007, 01:45 AM
hold up for a second here. theyre not exactly the same, and they CERTANLY dont play the same in game. theyre not hogdrivers.

Masterz1337
July 7th, 2007, 02:00 AM
They are the same. They didn't put it back ingame right, the latch that rasies the top part of the gun is missing, and the top part is in a more closed postion. Everything else lines up perfect. I bet you if they post a wireframe, it's the same as ours.

Mass
July 7th, 2007, 02:03 AM
I think you're free to accuse, however I would like to point out that it is kinda hard to have a case without a defendant. Just sayin' can we wait 'till The person you think ripped is actually here to explain. ?

ICEE
July 7th, 2007, 02:04 AM
the model is different. especially on the top right above the barrel. its not fair to say "he copied us" when you are both copying halo 3's spartan laser. its not your original cration its bungie's, and seeing as you both were looking at that when you made your lasers, there gonna be pretty similar. thats just how it is.

PS: massacre is right.

ICEE
July 7th, 2007, 02:20 AM
first off, isnt it impossible to rip from CMT maps? second of all, (now read this knowing i have no idea about models or putting them in game) the fp model is totally different. not at all similar.

Mass
July 7th, 2007, 02:20 AM
Regardless of whether they copied it or not, copying theirs is just as cheap. The model and skin are hardly altered, it was either ripped and then edited (likely) or very painstakingly reproduced (highly unlikely).

Actually, I think it was painstakingly reproduced. Whatever methods M6deep used he did it himself. He's been working on it for quite some time. He might even have turned a screenshot into a texture....idk. BUT, what I do know is that regardless, its not ripped.

ICEE
July 7th, 2007, 02:23 AM
and also i believe it is still a WIP

Teh Ganon
July 7th, 2007, 02:28 AM
yeah the projectile, animations, and pickup icons are being worked on.

ICEE
July 7th, 2007, 02:40 AM
gonna have to wait. hes not even on xfire right now

Teh Ganon
July 7th, 2007, 02:46 AM
how ironic, he was on the umt forums a few mins ago, but no xfire. we will wait and see.

SnaFuBAR
July 7th, 2007, 02:47 AM
scoob made the skin. your team is a fail. stop using things that don't belong to you. i am not falling for your niave bullshit, either. anyone looking at that picture can easily tell.

Masterz1337
July 7th, 2007, 02:53 AM
The skin is the exact same thing, except his has been made grey, look for faded paint spot, as well as lines that are exactly the same.

The model is slightly different. the top part of it which rises up is lower down in his, the support beam is missing well. check the overall shape, also exactly the same.

Further proof, look at the lower part of the barrel. You see a line on both ours and his that needs more smoothing.

Also, look on the first page. It has the same detail that covers our whole bitmap. No doubt in my mind that this is ripped. Take a picture of a wireframe of the model, and also post a pic of the skin.

:rolleyes:

Sunray
July 7th, 2007, 03:23 AM
It's a rip as far as I can see. The skin has been greyscaled and some details changed, but its still a rip. You can see that the lighter patches of scoob's skin match exactly to those in the UMT one. Just behind the rear handgrip you can see the original detail where it has been warped in the UMT one. It really would be a shame if this is the case. Some of the maps didn't look bad.

Also I have a question for anyone. If Illegalcheatsman is really a changeling, why doesn't he just change his name and re-enter the community as a new person. The only reason I can see is as an attention whore, but there may be other ones I don't know. Any other reasons I don’t know about?

CtrlAltDestroy
July 7th, 2007, 09:47 AM
I don't see why you're still denying it. "the small details are DIFFERENT its not ripped OMG :(:("

Look at the entire thing; not the details: They're the same.

DaneO'Roo
July 7th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Can't a brotha make a Spartan Laser.

They're the same. I should know. I'm the one who added the extra stuff to scoobys skin. You guys have the old one. Take it from a person who knows what their talking about. They.Are.The.Same.

(I also know that TSL Hunter somehow has the bsp, the AR and some other things from "a canyon type map"

Sounds like Cheatsmans got a hold of a Cliffedge beta.)

Good work nontheless on the maps, but you really shouldn't be ripping other peoples stuff. How do we not know your maps are'nt ripped from the mod of another game. Hell, even ripped straight from another game? You've officially been tainted, sirs.

Infact, I'm not quite sure, but I feel like I've seen those structures in Archive somewhere else. Something about them has Star Wars written all over em. Correct me if I'm wrong though. But I swear I've seen them in Jedi Academy. Good work if I'm wrong, they look fantastic.

hold on a minute

honestly even if it WAS his skin there are enough changes to basically make it a different texture.

Take it from a texture artist.

Polygonal selection > Desaturate.

That is the ONLY difference. See, when I edited scoobys, I turned up the contrast, darkened and added some slight details to it. If I had a pic of the OLD skin, then you'd see. Infact, why don't you post the actual bitmap of "your" Spartan laser right now, in jpeg form for us all to see, and I'll post the one I have. We'll see how close they are.

Mass
July 7th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Infact, I'm not quite sure, but I feel like I've seen those structures in Archive somewhere else. Something about them has Star Wars written all over em. Correct me if I'm wrong though. But I swear I've seen them in Jedi Academy. Good work if I'm wrong, they look fantastic.

Actually I made those and I can assure you everything in that map is home made.

However, I studied the pitures yesterday and I will say that as far as I can tell they're the same skin. So I don't know know what the deal is.
Also, if he did rip anything he certainly didn't tell the rest us. And it never occured to us that it could be ripped. So whether or not it was ripped, I can only offer the fact that if so, its only a single isolated incident.

DaneO'Roo
July 7th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Allright, we'll nice work on the modelling. I can tell your clean, but really, if you wan't your team to do anywell, fuck the hell away from illegalcheatsman.

Mass
July 7th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Allright, we'll nice work on the modelling. I can tell your clean, but really, if you wan't your team to do anywell, fuck the hell away from illegalcheatsman.

The funny part is he actually has nothing to do with this. The guy who did actually has a lot of talent. And is cool.

DaneO'Roo
July 7th, 2007, 10:41 AM
What EXACTLY has this guy shown you? Can you really be sure it's his work? Considering he ripped scoobys hard work.

Mass
July 7th, 2007, 10:46 AM
What EXACTLY has this guy shown you? Can you really be sure it's his work? Considering he ripped scoobys hard work.
He's made a couple decent maps before. So idk why he fealt the need to do this. He did do a lot of hard work on this, but he didn't start from scratch. :(

CtrlAltDestroy
July 7th, 2007, 10:48 AM
IMO, the only reason you're defending him is because he's a fellow teammate. Look at the comparison posted by Lightning from an unbiased point of view, you can't honestly tell me that they aren't uncannily similar.

Mass
July 7th, 2007, 10:50 AM
IMO, the only reason you're defending him is because he's a fellow teammate. Look at the comparison posted by Lightning from an unbiased point of view, you can't honestly tell me that they are uncannily similar.

well, I can yes. Unfortunately. All along the tom of the gun the way the metal is distressed it lines up perfectly. I never would have thought it.

SnaFuBAR
July 7th, 2007, 01:08 PM
He's made a couple decent maps before. So idk why he fealt the need to do this. He did do a lot of hard work on this, but he didn't start from scratch. :(

how can you even be sure that was his work he showed you before? i seriously doubt that it is. sucks to say but your team already has a bad reputation. if he has his hands on content that doesn't belong to him and is trying to pass it off as his own, he's down on the level of cheatsman and hogdriver.

Con
July 7th, 2007, 01:19 PM
I agree with Snaf. It looked promising, but I've lost faith in you guys now.

Mass
July 7th, 2007, 01:50 PM
In light of recent events I see fit to make a public apology on behalf myself and my team. Even though thats what this is, it will be presented in faq format.

Q- Was the texture ripped?
As far as I can tell-- yes, yes it was.

Q-Who's responsible for this shinanigans?
M6dEEp is the one who claimed to have made the spartan laser, he's completely responsible for this scandal

Q-What happens now?
The tags will never be used in any UMT map unless they are somehow magically verified to be homemade. They will undoubtably be left on dEEp's hardrive to rot.

Q-What happens to dEEp?
Removal from the team is being debated.

Q- What happens to the team?
The team will remain together and will continue its work towards producing great halo CE content.

With that said I would simply like to apologize as best I can to Masterz, D4NO, and all of CMT and anyone who may feel violated. I'm also sorry that this community is at a point where your first assumption about a tag is that it was ripped, I wish it were different. We hope you can forgive the team and forget this incident and we'd love to play you on Archive or whatever else follows it in the future.

-Massacre, UMT-Chief Modeler
-Teh Ganon, UMT- Chief Populator
-Universal Mapping Team

SnaFuBAR
July 7th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Q-Who's responsible for this shinanigans?
M6dEEp is the one who claimed to have made the spartan laser, and we still believe he did make everything besides the texture, which was undeniably ripped.
i don't believe he made the model at all. same exact thing. all he had to do was select element and move/delete them, then select verts and drag them. i will not accept this as any of his work until i see wireframes.

after all, why would he get just the ripped skin, and not the model itself? :rolleyes:

PenGuin1362
July 7th, 2007, 02:17 PM
looks promising

thehoodedsmack
July 7th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Well, I'd give the boot to whoever's been ripping, or at least pay closer attention to his work, to make sure it isn't ripped. You guys look like you might be successful.

Archon23
July 7th, 2007, 02:28 PM
The model looks like it was ripped completely. If you look at it. I mean the only noticeable difference is that he dragged the front of the gun a little downwards. Everything else is practically the same......

thehoodedsmack
July 7th, 2007, 02:31 PM
The model looks like it was ripped completely. If you look at it. I mean the only noticeable difference is that he dragged the front of the gun a little downwards. Everything else is practically the same......

Everyone knows. Not to patronize(or maybe condescend is the right word) anyone, but we can all stop talking about how it looks ripped.

Mass
July 7th, 2007, 02:32 PM

Well, I won't protect it, maybe he did, I honestly have no idea. He seems to be avoiding us.

SnaFuBAR
July 7th, 2007, 02:34 PM
all he had to do was select element and move/delete them, then select verts and drag them. after all, why would he get just the ripped skin, and not the model itself? :rolleyes:

Mass
July 7th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Well, I changed the apology, I don't know why he did this, but i'd like you to seperate this incident from the rest of us, who's only mistake was never verifying the thing.

Hunter
July 7th, 2007, 03:10 PM
my maping team is called UMT (Unknow Mapping team)u need to change your name so u dont steal mine, or add a extra word.

http://www.umtmapping.co.nr

Roostervier
July 7th, 2007, 03:14 PM
You do not have the right to tell them to change their name. Even if you had yours first, if you dislike having the same mapping team name, I suggest changing yours since you are the only one who wants change. They are in no way bound by law nor any other force to do so.

Anyway, besides the spartan laser, most of that looks pretty good, great modeling Massacre.

Hunter
July 7th, 2007, 03:18 PM
i wasnt forcing them, i was just sayin that i had the name before. if they dont want 2 change their name a touch then fine i dont mind, i was just asking because people might get confused between the 2 if some says UMT 2 them even no one probobly knows about mine.

Teh Ganon
July 7th, 2007, 03:37 PM
dude... you really care that much?

Con
July 7th, 2007, 04:19 PM
my maping team is called UMT (Unknow Mapping team)u need to change your name so u dont steal mine, or add a extra word.
Maybe you deserve the name when you actually have something to show for it. Nice empty forums you got there.

Mass
July 7th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Maybe you deserve the name when you actually have something to show for it. Nice empty forums you got there.

Lol, I agree completely. Also, the last thing we need is another scandal, way to go Debbie Downer.

SnaFuBAR
July 7th, 2007, 05:09 PM

but you're not a mapping team. you're just a bunch of hacks in a group (if you've even got that).

AAA
July 7th, 2007, 08:17 PM
I agree with Snaf

I don't see potential in this work....

DaneO'Roo
July 7th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Rofl, at halomaps forums, m6deep tried to pass off my CMT AR skin as his now.

lmfao

I engraved my name on the back of it's handle

wtfpwned.

Con
July 7th, 2007, 08:36 PM
link

Hurrvish
July 7th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Link (http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=8854)

Also, happy birthday! :party:

DaneO'Roo
July 7th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Thieving fuck. This just got personal.

Berkut
July 7th, 2007, 08:57 PM

Too bad you don't even have the brainpower to spell 'unknown' Shut up, log out, and add this site to your block list. Trust me, it's for the greater good.

Hurrvish
July 7th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Every single detail matches. What a fuckhead.

Mass
July 7th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Every single detail matches. What a fuckhead.

Agreed.

ICEE
July 7th, 2007, 09:47 PM
wow. i just looked... it is danos ar. his name is on the back. well i guess i can just prevent them from being leaked by not putting them in a map then eh? ( i have the tags )

ICEE
July 7th, 2007, 09:49 PM
proofhttp://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z295/iron_clad_photo/danosar2.jpg

Crazy_aceR
July 7th, 2007, 10:13 PM
m6deep is busted!

Mass
July 7th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Well, due to recent events, M6dEEp has been suspended from UMT until further notice. Yet again, He lied to us, just as he tried to lie to you. These events concern no other member of the team, and no ripped tags will be in a single map. thank you for busting him for us.

SnaFuBAR
July 7th, 2007, 10:28 PM
lmao, m6deep is a total cockfag.

ICEE
July 7th, 2007, 10:38 PM
aw man... and i really like those tags... shit im keeping em. but dont expect to see them public. i wouldnt do that

Crazy_aceR
July 7th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Why would he rip tags from CMT maps? If it was just to make him look good as a modeler and be worshiped like a 'god', then it failed. Horribly.

Mass
July 7th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Why would he rip tags from CMT maps? If it was just to make him look good as a modeler and be worshiped like a 'god', then it failed. Horribly.
I honestly don't know, I mean he actually does have some skills, I don't understand this at all. But its beginning to piss me off that this is the only thing that this thread is being used for. :confused:

Crazy_aceR
July 7th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Ok, I like the stuff that you have made so far. Looks like it will be enjoyable to play on. If you don't mind me asking, but can be one of your beta testers?

Teh Ganon
July 7th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Sure, got xfire of something? or i could just pm you whenever...

Crazy_aceR
July 7th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Sure, got xfire of something? or i could just pm you whenever...

Just PM me, or I will PM you when I get xfire, which should be later tonight when I get home from work. I am using the wireless connection up here.

LinkandKvel
July 7th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Just ditch him. Plenty of talented, honest artists out there.

Where? I still need artists for my weapons?

Jay2645
July 8th, 2007, 04:22 AM
OK, a little update, trying to steer us away from any more scandals.
I am working on a Spartan Laser. For about 30 minutes of playing around with a giant box, it looks pretty good, that is, if you are only looking at the things that are done. I have the little thing below the barrel that looks somewhat like a sniper rifle trigger finished, and now I have part of the shoulder rest finished. I will be using my own bitmaps, so no worries, CMT. I'm spending a lot of time on this thing, I want it to be done and to look good.

DaneO'Roo
July 8th, 2007, 05:10 AM
haha thanks for pwning him Ironclad. That's hilarious. It seems he DID see the name on the skin, and tried to fade it out. Luckily for us, he probably had his contrast settings wierd so we can all still see it. Rofl.

Also, we can stop saying CMT with everything now. Just get rid of the fuckheads on the team who have tainted your name and you'll be fine.

Jay2645
July 8th, 2007, 06:14 AM
Meh, my box modeling technique sucked, so my laser sucked. A while ago Ganon posted a link to a Spartan Laser model someone made. It was on the right track, but it was based off of early concept photos, meaning that it didn't look right. I'm using that one as a base now, changing pretty much everything about it and giving it new bitmaps. It won't look the same as it did before, trust me. I'm using Halo 3 ingame reference photos to make it look right.

DaneO'Roo
July 8th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Hold on a minute, your using someone elses model and just adding/changing stuff, and adding a new skin to it.

Isn't that EXACTLY what was just happening with m6deep? You should ask for permision and stuff if your using someone elses model. Just because it isn't our stuff doesn't make it any less of a deal. It's still someone elses stuff. Credit them.

Also, try plane modelling.

Teh Ganon
July 8th, 2007, 08:57 AM
It was actually a publically released model here from H2V that I saw. I made a thread at halomaps, said I found it and specifically said I didn't make it. But what I did do was alter the model I found, Fixed the sizes, and centered it in max.:)

DaneO'Roo
July 8th, 2007, 09:21 AM
because that is hard :haw:

also, been chatting with m6deep. Hes actualy an ok fellow. Seems he didn't rip the texture, he took screenshots with fraps of the guns and tried to uv them to the models. Didn't give me credit though. I've revved hm about it, he seems sorry. Still, the fact that he knew what res I skinned the AR at was funny.

Taking his word for a grain of salt at the moment, but I did find this bit rather interesting:

[00:13] M6dEEp: yeah i know, really fuckin hard
[00:13] M6dEEp: especially when i go on h2v
[00:14] M6dEEp: but yeah, some shit is going down with the ripping,
[00:15] Ð4ÑØ †: and the fact that you have illegal cheatsman on your team
[00:15] Ð4ÑØ †: is also
[00:15] M6dEEp: some ppl are ripping all your textures and shit
[00:15] Ð4ÑØ †: a bad thing
[00:15] M6dEEp: i know
[00:15] M6dEEp: ganon thought it was a good idea
[00:15] M6dEEp: i just found out what he's doing
[00:15] Ð4ÑØ †: ?
[00:15] M6dEEp: hes gonna release all your models and shit on halomaps

:dramabomb:

Is it just me, or is this team shaping up to be a whole bunch of faggots? The only person so far that seems to be respectable is Massacre.

Arteen
July 8th, 2007, 10:12 AM
That Archive map looks pretty neat so far. It's a good start, and I hope you can get it looking and playing great! lol drama

Mass
July 8th, 2007, 11:34 AM
[00:13] M6dEEp: yeah i know, really fuckin hard
[00:13] M6dEEp: especially when i go on h2v
[00:14] M6dEEp: but yeah, some shit is going down with the ripping,
[00:15] Ð4ÑØ †: and the fact that you have illegal cheatsman on your team
[00:15] Ð4ÑØ †: is also
[00:15] M6dEEp: some ppl are ripping all your textures and shit
[00:15] Ð4ÑØ †: a bad thing
[00:15] M6dEEp: i know
[00:15] M6dEEp: ganon thought it was a good idea
[00:15] M6dEEp: i just found out what he's doing
[00:15] Ð4ÑØ †: ?
[00:15] M6dEEp: hes gonna release all your models and shit on halomaps.
Okay, thats not happening.
I think they were discussing salimander at the time.

Okay people, I gave salimander a choice between being on the team and releasing the models and textures. And he chose to quit the team. Theres nothing more anyone can do. Except, well, Dennis.

Teh Ganon
July 8th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Hehe, yeah um... D4no did you edit that text a bit, or xfire put it out of context, but it looks like im ripping it, and so ppl think cheatsman is doing something he isn't. Thats not cool dude. Well, deep said it was out of context anyway

If CMT really wants to know whats going on then I guess i'll have to say it how it is. A guy by the name of DSalimander has spent the last month ripping, editing (fixing) the CMT models. I don't know much bout it, other than he is a bit paranoid. I do realize he is on the team roster, but thats not up to me.

The reason Cheatsman is on the team is for reasons that really, You wouldn't care if I told you anyway. I know what he is doing, and it doesnt involve anyone here or anything you care about.

BTW, I just got this message:

Massacre: I talked to sali. yeah, I said he could either release the tags or be on the team.
Massacre: and he chose to release the tags.
Massacre: so fuck him.

DaneO'Roo
July 8th, 2007, 12:20 PM
No edits of text were going on anywhere. Maybe he was just being dumb.

Really, what does Cheatsman do? I'd like to know.

Lightning
July 8th, 2007, 12:23 PM
What exactly is he "fixing" about the models, by the way? They look worse than CMT's, not better.

ICEE
July 8th, 2007, 12:38 PM
i think cheatsman is just making the teams logo. thats about all i know. damnit i knew dsalimander was a fucker. lil emo cutting himself or somethin...

Tarzan
July 8th, 2007, 12:46 PM
o.0 - I didn't know this was going on in multiple places.... sigh. CMT vs UMT... the accusations and theiving flare again... lol

Teh Ganon
July 8th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Cheatsman and Kirby are working on kicking hogdriver out of the community. Nothing anyone cares about, nor do I. He has since lost interest in caring about cmt and whatever. He is pretty much at peace with you guys. And it's a bit hard to believe, but he has and is changing from what he was. God this is so retarded.

M6dEEp
July 8th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Ok, here I am. Mostly I would like to say I'm very sorry about all that happened. I made them "worse" for a reason actually. I could've just asked salimander for the models and bitmaps for all your weapons and scenery and what not, but i didn't. I cannot express the shear regret I am currently feeling. I would like to apologize to the community and all affected. They were never intended to be released, actually more for educational purposes. I just hope you guys aren't the type to hold grudges. All in all, my bad. Anything I can do, probably not. Just say sorry till my ass fall off.

SnaFuBAR
July 8th, 2007, 01:05 PM
i think your whole team must be just fucking retarded or something. you know he has ripped tags yet you gave him the option of releasing them or being on the team? how is that even an option? bad fucking move. you all have your heads up your asses.

ICEE
July 8th, 2007, 01:21 PM
hold up snaf
thats not what they meant, dsalimander has CMTs models and textures and stuff. he ripped em himself and planned to release them, so massacre (i think it was massacre) said if you release these your off the team and he chose to release them. its not UMTs fualt

M6dEEp
July 8th, 2007, 01:28 PM
The only person who has anything ripped is Dsalimander, I told Dano that, but he didn't post that part of the conversation. Most of all, NO ONE has any tags. Salimander has the models and textures, but other than that I'm pretty sure he doesn't have tags. In fact i doubt he will even release them on halomaps like he said.

Mass
July 8th, 2007, 01:42 PM
i think your whole team must be just fucking retarded or something. you know he has ripped tags yet you gave him the option of releasing them or being on the team? how is that even an option? bad fucking move. you all have your heads up your asses.
What the hell am I supposed to do? Its the only fucking power I have over the guy. Also I didn't know he had ripped anything 'till about ten minutes before that. Seriously tell me what I should have done?

Choking Victim
July 8th, 2007, 01:50 PM
maybe you should have looked more into your teammates' backgrounds before recruiting them?

Mass
July 8th, 2007, 01:51 PM
maybe you should have looked more into your teammates' backgrounds before recruiting them?
I didn't make the roster. Oh and finding out lots of people you think you know are full of shit is really fun. You should try it sometime.

M6dEEp
July 8th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Exactly, salimander is insane. I'm surprised he can even rip your models and textures. I didnt know that b4 hand. But now i do.

Mass
July 8th, 2007, 01:56 PM
This isn't that bad actually, all he has are models and textures, not tags.
I think we all know how bad rippers are with hek.

ICEE
July 8th, 2007, 01:57 PM
im surprised he knows how! talking to him you wouldnt guess...

Tarzan
July 8th, 2007, 01:58 PM
sigh... you have GOT to be kidding me... Actually, I want to know why people are doing all this ripping. I mean, I can see the attractiveness of having a really nice-looking BR in your map. But can't you just ASK for the tag? and if you get a "no" - DEAL WITH IT.

And a lack of tags isn't that hard to fix, if the models and stuff are set up properly....

ICEE
July 8th, 2007, 02:01 PM
salimander is the only one who ripped. its been said over and over again that m6deep didnt rip, he just copied the skin

Hunter
July 8th, 2007, 02:12 PM
ok, i have read every single post on this topic. i have noticed a lot of people don't like my point of view and don't think about it. People will start to flame me a lot after this probably about spelling and grammar and a load of other things.

But i have noticed that CMT do not like other people making good stuff as well as them, i understand that they might want to make Halo 3 stuuf before evryone else, i would but im shit. someone else makes something from Halo 3, it might look a bit like yours, but then you automatically assume people are ripping. they could be and they could not be, lets pretend everything is like court, you need to get alot of evidence,you can then start to get the proper textures and models to compare, like the Spartan Laser textures, get both of them and compare them in very great detail.

to me it sounds like alot of people are supporting CMT, they are attacking other people when some of them cannot back them selves up.

i understand CMT will not like their tags and stuff riped, i wouldnt, but if you saw a map with CMT stuff in which has been used and you know that it is CMT's then you should complain then.

I think CMT is awsome, i aint takin sides i am just summing up what is probobly trust but alot of people will probobly say it isnt.

i hate people who RIP, someone has said that i have got some CMT stuff. i confes i have, someone sent it to me, but the point is, if i aint going to use any of the stuff in my maps or anything then why complaine. Basicly all that i did with the CMT stuff is have a quick look at how it was made, because i am not a very good modeler so i was very interested how it is made. i have deleted it all now that i have had a look. i have not copied anything.

also, CMT members and everyone else, 2 stop people from riping your textures you should add a mark or your name to your textures which cannot be removed without the texture going fuked.

and it is inpossible to RIP CMT maps.

I am not taking any side here, i am just simply having a open say to what i think.

I love CMTs work, i do not use their stuff. i belive some things might of been riped from CMT's maps.

ready to be flamed like hell and disliked greaty, i might just pack in Halo because alot of people in the Halo CE community seem to have opinions that everyone will not flame them for, everyone try and have your say and not think about what other people will say to you.

Mass
July 8th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Ok, this has turned into some kind of retarded hostage situation.
The hostage: CMT models and textures.

The ransom: Salimander's unbanning from this website.

So anyway in case anyone still wants to talk about UMT- the archive BSP will be done within the hour.

thehoodedsmack
July 8th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Ok, this has turned into some kind of retarded hostage situation.
The hostage: CMT models and textures.

The ransom: Salimander's unbanning from this website.

So

Unfortunately, this isn't CMT's website. It's TheGhost's. And quite frankly, there's no way to guarantee he'll delete his copy of any tags/models/textures he may have.

Jay2645
July 8th, 2007, 02:34 PM
ok, i have read every single post on this topic. i have noticed a lot of people don't like my point of view and don't think about it. People will start to flame me a lot after this probably about spelling and grammar and a load of other things.

But i have noticed that CMT... someone else makes something from Halo 3, it might look a bit like yours, but then you automatically assume people are ripping. they could be and they could not be, lets pretend everything is like court, you need to get alot of evidence,you can then start to get the proper textures and models to compare, like the Spartan Laser textures, get both of them and compare them in very great detail.

to me it sounds like alot of people are supporting CMT, they are attacking other people when some of them cannot back them selves up.

i understand CMT will not like their tags and stuff riped, i wouldnt, but if you saw a map with CMT stuff in which has been used and you know that it is CMT's then you should complain then.

I think CMT is awsome, i aint takin sides i am just summing up what is probobly trust but alot of people will probobly say it isnt.

i hate people who RIP, someone has said that i have got some CMT stuff. i confes i have, someone sent it to me, but the point is, if i aint going to use any of the stuff in my maps or anything then why complaine. Basicly all that i did with the CMT stuff is have a quick look at how it was made, because i am not a very good modeler so i was very interested how it is made. i have deleted it all now that i have had a look. i have not copied anything.

also, CMT members and everyone else, 2 stop people from riping your textures you should add a mark or your name to your textures which cannot be removed without the texture going fuked.

and it is inpossible to RIP CMT maps.

I am not taking any side here, i am just simply having a open say to what i think.

I love CMTs work, i do not use their stuff. i belive some things might of been riped from CMT's maps.

ready to be flamed like hell and disliked greaty, i might just pack in Halo because alot of people in the Halo CE community seem to have opinions that everyone will not flame them for, everyone try and have your say and not think about what other people will say to you.

I agree with everything you said except that in bold.
It is possible to get past map protection. Hogdriver is slowly learning how to do it, Cheatsman can do it, but he doesn't care anymore, and a few other people can do it.
I realize I am on the team, but I am also putting that fact aside and looking from an unbiased point of view.
Putting your name on the textures won't solve much, as someone with pretty good skills in Photoshop or even paint can take it out. If you happen to have Photoshop, embed your name or logo in a watermark on something that is hard to notice unless you melee or something.
I must admit the only reason why I dislike CMT is because they protect their maps, but I know the logic behind it, and it is perfectly fine. I love what they do, I just don't like the fact that they don't give the tags. At least the Assault Rifle will be out open-source soon.

Also, it's kinda hard to trace someone's background unless you work for the CIA or something. They just went to the people who were good and weren't currently in the team, asked if they wanted to join, and if they accepted they were in. One of them must have said no, because I got in instead. :lol:

CMT, you should learn how to get past map protection for the sole purpose of looking at people's models and whatnot, to prevent this sort of stuff from happening.

Also, yes, that Spartan Laser was publicly released, I have found the author and I will give credit where it is due.

EDIT: Holy crap, this topic is 14 pages of war!

adumass
July 8th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Posting a link to that program was not a very good idea now everyone looking at this will see it.. maybe take out the link.

Con
July 8th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Wow, so much crap going on around this. I have a simple solution that should please most people. Do what's neccesary, forget about it, and everything will be fine. There's no problem here but what you've already caused and are continuing to make. Get rid of the rippers and move on. No more negotiating and lies and excuses. They should have thought about the consquences when they did the ripping. UMT can find some new trustworthy members and get to doing custom work. Problem solved. Like I said before, UMT looked promising until the whole ripping issues came up. You can see that they're just a cancer to your team. Cut them out now; they don't deserve the second chance that I, and hopefully others, are giving you to renew a promising team.

Using other people's tags is one thing (we've all seen the nooby maps full of ripped tags, but always with credit); while uncreative and looked down upon, it's better than claiming other people's work as your own. People like this rarely change. Check back with them later, otherwise they will drag down anyone they associate with.

Hunter
July 8th, 2007, 03:06 PM
do you know why people rip?
because they have no skills of their own or are not good at some things,

solution: help them.

M6dEEp
July 8th, 2007, 03:07 PM
you guys wouldnt listen earlier when i tried to warn. i had to shove it in your faces. Idk how you guys can protect against that ripper, but i hope you guys do find a defense, because you cant only protect on one front. =

Mass
July 8th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Wow, so much crap going on around this. I have a simple solution that should please most people. Do what's neccesary, forget about it, and everything will be fine. There's no problem here but what you've already caused and are continuing to make. Get rid of the rippers and move on. No more negotiating and lies and excuses. They should have thought about the consquences when they did the ripping. UMT can find some new trustworthy members and get to doing custom work. Problem solved. Like I said before, UMT looked promising until the whole ripping issues came up. You can see that they're just a cancer to your team. Cut them out now; they don't deserve the second chance that I, and hopefully others, are giving you to renew a promising team.

Using other people's tags is one thing (we've all seen the nooby maps full of ripped tags, but always with credit); while uncreative and looked down upon, it's better than claiming other people's work as your own. People like this
rarely change. Check back with them later, otherwise they will drag down anyone they associate with.

Salimanders off the team. He wanted it like that. dEEp is still on because he didn't actually RIP anything even though he did pull a douchely manuever.
The team is now operating on the "You fuck up, you're gone policy" and a few of us (like me) are already back at work.
Expect to see UMT Archive Up before Dennis' next upload cycle. Thank you for the advice, I suggest if people want to keep discussing the ripping issue, make a new topic. I have been told that salimander will be dealt with. w/e that means. Lets get back on track, eh?

M6dEEp
July 8th, 2007, 03:17 PM
yeah, and I'm gonna try and wrap it up by saying "I screwed up my bad, i didn't release, didn't plan on releasing, never ripped any tags, and i am very sorry. I apologize. I'll never fuck with you guys again or anything like that." What the hell more could you want. (rhetorical)

Jay2645
July 8th, 2007, 03:29 PM
I want an Xbox 360, Halo 3, and CMT's SPV2.
Oh, wait, that was rhetorical...

~ZMT~Trace
July 8th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Archive looks pretty nice, I would love to help you guys out as much as I can. Also, the whole ripping issue really can't be solved, the way the Salimanders doing it is very simple, many people know how do this, and it can't be stopped. But yeah, if you guys need any help, hit me up on X-fire.

Mass
July 8th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Archive looks pretty nice, I would love to help you guys out as much as I can. Also, the whole ripping issue really can't be solved, the way the Salimanders doing it is very simple, many people know how do this, and it can't be stopped. But yeah, if you guys need any help, hit me up on X-fire.

Thanks, its out of max and we'll probably have an internal beta test tonight sometime.

Jay2645
July 8th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Just let us know on Xfire when you get on. I'll be glad to help out.

You see, the way we communicate is by posting random messages such as the one above on different forums. It's confusing, but it works.

Masterz1337
July 8th, 2007, 10:06 PM
II must admit the only reason why I dislike CMT is because they protect their maps, but I know the logic behind it, and it is perfectly fine. I love what they do, I just don't like the fact that they don't give the tags. At least the Assault Rifle will be out open-source soon.

CMT, you should learn how to get past map protection for the sole purpose of looking at people's models and whatnot, to prevent this sort of stuff from happening.
That is a pretty dumb thing to say. You do realize it was a CMT member who made HEK+, and CMT was using it back in 2004 when it was still known as HTC. It was a CMT member who released it (Steelix) and when it was even a debate it was the CMT members who pushed for it to be public for use on CE maps. We were wrong. It's the people like Hogdriver, Cheatsman, you, sarge, deep, dsalimander and all the people who came before you, yance, sowvapor, and back to the PC modding days is the reason why most people now don't release their apps. Because little kids who don't know how to respect others turn creations into monsters. It's the same reason why the H3B model extraction tools arn't public.

And we are more aware than most how HTC/HEK+ works, and the encryption.

Con
July 8th, 2007, 10:06 PM
do you know why people rip?
because they have no skills of their own or are not good at some things,
solution: help them.
Way to point out the obvious.

They had the choice to either,
A) Ask for help and advice like many people on these forums do
B) Choose the path of lies and claim other people's work as their own

Why should we help group B in the way you imply when they didn't want our help in the first place? Besides, they're plently capable of finding a tutorial and becoming an honest modeler like those in group A; that's what we tell all beginners. So really, we are helping them, but in a different way. By shunning group B, they come to another choice. Leave (good riddance), or join group A.

Mass
July 8th, 2007, 11:09 PM
trace, we're not associating with you. just, no.

Also, the archive BSP is done but we've hit a snag most likely related to the exporting program...somehow. Anyhow there are 500 errors on a map that I already fixed using STL check. I don't know what keeps happening. It happened in bluestreak and blitzkrieg, so any help would be appreciated.

M6dEEp
July 9th, 2007, 12:26 AM
I think all this is the least of your worries, i deleted all of it, so i hope alls good. Like i said sorry about it and i hope things can be like they were last month, no rippin worries, ppl weren't accusing each other, etc.

ICEE
July 9th, 2007, 01:05 AM
jay i think CMT has every right to protect their maps. they also have the right to be angry when they are ripped. now according to the EULA however we also have the right to rip them. but now that wouldnt really be right would it? i mean we CAN but we definitly SHOULDNT. its just not right to take credit for the creation of CMT. anyways, i believe that archive will be done soon. i think it looks brilliant

Btd69
July 9th, 2007, 01:23 AM
Is this team universally dud?

Jay2645
July 9th, 2007, 01:27 AM
In response to IronClad:

I agree with everything you said except that in bold.
It is possible to get past map protection. Hogdriver is slowly learning how to do it, Cheatsman can do it, but he doesn't care anymore, and a few other people can do it.
I realize I am on the team, but I am also putting that fact aside and looking from an unbiased point of view.
Putting your name on the textures won't solve much, as someone with pretty good skills in Photoshop or even paint can take it out. If you happen to have Photoshop, embed your name or logo in a watermark on something that is hard to notice unless you melee or something.
I must admit the only reason why I dislike CMT is because they protect their maps, but I know the logic behind it, and it is perfectly fine. I love what they do, I just don't like the fact that they don't give the tags. At least the Assault Rifle will be out open-source soon.

Also, it's kinda hard to trace someone's background unless you work for the CIA or something. They just went to the people who were good and weren't currently in the team, asked if they wanted to join, and if they accepted they were in. One of them must have said no, because I got in instead. :lol:

Also, yes, that Spartan Laser was publicly released, I have found the author and I will give credit where it is due.

EDIT: Holy crap, this topic is 14 pages of war!

And no, most of us aren't rippers or anything. I don't even know how to rip. We're just people who are pretty good at map making. Some of us have never even released a map, we're just good at the HEK (Myself included, I've never released a custom map. Made them, but not released).

LinkandKvel
July 9th, 2007, 01:29 AM
In response to IronClad:

I don't even know how to rip.:lol:

Teh Ganon
July 9th, 2007, 01:34 AM
:withstupid:

Jay2645
July 9th, 2007, 01:36 AM
I don't. Not from protected maps, anyway. And I never have used ripped tags from unprotected maps, only publicly released ones.

Mass
July 9th, 2007, 01:47 AM
God, this is turning into such a shithole... suggest a lock, with any luck UMT can sort out their issues and turn out some good maps without everyone lynching them because of a few rippers.

If you guys really want to argue that much, take it to PMs.

Thats what I'm saying. Please no more discussion of ripping in this topic.
EVER AGAIN.

I'd like to still have the thread to make announcements and stuff.
BTW the team is fine. cheatsman and salimander are booted. Deep is back on, but I've got my eye on him, so no worries. And that is THE FINAL WORD ON THE RIPPING SCANDAL. Thank you.

Jay2645
July 9th, 2007, 01:49 AM
Yeah, it seems as if I'm the only one updating around here. If you want to see what we're working on WITHOUT the flaming, just look here:
http://umt.freeforums.org/viewforum.php?f=11
Not trying to advertise the site or anything, I'm just trying to offer an alternative to this for the people who don't want the flame war this is turning into.

EDIT: Massacre and I posted at the same time.

DaneO'Roo
July 9th, 2007, 06:27 AM
The reason we protect our maps, is because we want our mod to be unique, when the SPv2 is released. That way, people will be playing something new and seeing things they haven't allready seen in any one elses maps. If we didn't protect them, every Tom, Dick and Harry would have the tags, and so would every map. That is the reason. We don't do it to be greedy. Infact, its our right and our content and if we choose to protect it, that is perfectly normal. We're actually thinking about releasing alot of stuff after SPv2 is released, anyway.

Not starting shit up, just explaining why.

Can't wait to see progress on Archive.

Mass
July 9th, 2007, 11:10 AM
The reason we protect our maps, is because we want our mod to be unique, when the SPv2 is released. That way, people will be playing something new and seeing things they haven't allready seen in any one elses maps. If we didn't protect them, every Tom, Dick and Harry would have the tags, and so would every map. That is the reason. We don't do it to be greedy. Infact, its our right and our content and if we choose to protect it, that is perfectly normal. We're actually thinking about releasing alot of stuff after SPv2 is released, anyway.

Not starting shit up, just explaining why.

Can't wait to see progress on Archive.

The BSP is done, and we are hitting some snags with exporting and shit, but expect a sapien screenshot today or tomorrow. :D

Teh Ganon
July 9th, 2007, 11:38 AM
The faces are i.d.'d incorrectly, but they visually look right. the ground looks like the ground, but the ground faces have the i.d. of 1, 1 being the sky. I don't know how that happened, very freakin strange, But I'm fixing it as we speak.

==cheater==
July 9th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Thats what I'm saying. Please no more discussion of ripping in this topic.
EVER AGAIN.

I'd like to still have the thread to make announcements and stuff.
BTW the team is fine. cheatsman and salimander are booted. Deep is back on, but I've got my eye on him, so no worries. And that is THE FINAL WORD ON THE RIPPING SCANDAL. Thank you.

i am not booted,that's just bullshit m6deep told everyone,
besides,i havent ripped any of cmt's models,and the last time i was here,i was only posting a contest against hogfaggot,

here's what i have been doing with UMT:
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r163/illegallcheatsman/67180ec1b14c5dc0336e07ae3cdba228174.jpg

also,would any of you mind to tell me what tag controlls the HUD for gametypes?
__________________________________________________ _____
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r163/illegallcheatsman/cheatsman1.png

ICEE
July 9th, 2007, 04:04 PM
your hearts start at the opposite side. also how did you cause the camera to go behind your biped? were you using the FOV hack or did you cause the entire level to be played that way?

Boba
July 9th, 2007, 04:09 PM
besides,i havent ripped any of cmt's models,and the last time i was here,i was only posting a contest against hogfaggot,

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r163/illegallcheatsman/67180ec1b14c5dc0336e07ae3cdba228174.jpg

Dude, you're my idol. Are we still Best Buds Forever? I'm Hogdriver, by the way.

Mass
July 9th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Dude, you're my idol. Are we still Best Buds Forever? I'm Hogdriver, by the way.
LMAO.

~ZMT~Trace
July 9th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Wow, you guys are SO mature. You ban me then edit my posts to say I'm gay, for no reasons what so ever!

Mass
July 9th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Wow, you guys are SO mature. You ban me then edit my posts to say I'm gay, for no reasons what so ever!

Take it up with ganon.

~ZMT~Trace
July 9th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Take it up with ganon.

Well he is watching the thread, I'm just waiting for him to post.

Mass
July 9th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Edit: Also, I have some weapon ideas for Archive, if you want them.

No, no I don't. I have plenty of my own thanks.

Masterz1337
July 9th, 2007, 05:35 PM

__________________________________________________ _____
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r163/illegallcheatsman/cheatsman1.png
Actualy Anthony you have surpassed my expecations. You didn't make something amazingly ugly. And it's controlled by a widget, not HUD tag.

==cheater==
July 9th, 2007, 05:44 PM
at least you were kind enough to say so,neil,
and besides,you wish that was my name,the last time you ran a ip check it said i lived in a town 40 miles from me:rolleyes:,ha,stealing internet pwns

besides,i made that HUD in,oh,i think 7 minutes

Mass
July 9th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Okay, may I interject in order to prevent the flamefest that is parading up broadway toward this thread.

You hate each other. Everyone already knows this.

That was my futile attempt at stopping this beef.

Masterz1337
July 9th, 2007, 05:57 PM
It won't be a flamefest because Mr. Tassin here is going to be banned by Jfap once again. Then he will continue to watch cartoon porn, because his parents have internet filters on his pc which he runs at 800x600 resolution.

CtrlAltDestroy
July 9th, 2007, 05:58 PM
... lol

Masterz1337
July 9th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Oh, and the fact you call me as Neil means nothing, it's my MSN name, and my close friends call me that on the forums. It's not a secret like your name.

Jay2645
July 9th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Meanwhile, my name is a complete secret.

OH NOES! THE FORUM REVEALED MY NAME!!

ICEE
July 9th, 2007, 06:31 PM
this conversation is kind of a waste of this thread. why dont you two PM each other if you want to argue

Mass
July 9th, 2007, 07:18 PM
ok. well anyway for those interested in UMT's first map, Archive, I have something very vague and very special.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o97/nate-the-great_photos/archivescreen.jpg

teh lag
July 9th, 2007, 07:26 PM
The faces with the metal strips bitmap look they could use some more work UV mapping - they seem a bit streched out. In general, be sure that your levels UVs look nice - they seem a bit out of order. It may be tedious to put more effort into mapping faces in smaller groups, but ultimately you get a better end result. The BSP itsself seems fairly nice though, I hope this map turns out well.

Mass
July 9th, 2007, 07:53 PM
The faces with the metal strips bitmap look they could use some more work UV mapping - they seem a bit streched out. In general, be sure that your levels UVs look nice - they seem a bit out of order. It may be tedious to put more effort into mapping faces in smaller groups, but ultimately you get a better end result. The BSP itsself seems fairly nice though, I hope this map turns out well.

I know. Actually, that angle managed to catch many of the badly UVW'd parts in it. You should see inside the tunnels. MMMM-MMMM.

Chronos
July 9th, 2007, 08:10 PM
The last time you ran a ip check it said i lived in a town 40 miles from me:rolleyes:

Actually that would be where a DHCP server is located, unless you can get access to personal files.

==cheater==
July 9th, 2007, 08:36 PM
It won't be a flamefest because Mr. Tassin here is going to be banned by Jfap once again. Then he will continue to watch cartoon porn, because his parents have internet filters on his pc which he runs at 800x600 resolution.

...lol?

i may not be Dr. phil,but i understand that others name people for their own actions

Masterz1337
July 9th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Says the man who has cartoon porn in a file called s.swf, which is located in C:\Documents and Settings\anthony tassin\My Documents\sfx ?

And by the way, next time looking for pictures of Nami giving a blowjob, ask.com isn't the best place to go ;)

==cheater==
July 9th, 2007, 08:56 PM
and to think that i felt sorry for what DSalimander has done to you all,
until you started making up rumours

Teh Ganon
July 9th, 2007, 08:57 PM
I got some good hentai, u want some:lol:

==cheater==
July 9th, 2007, 08:59 PM
that's not funny,and what masterz is posting is bullshit

Jay2645
July 9th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Yeah, it is, but it's funny nonetheless.

==cheater==
July 9th, 2007, 09:02 PM
ya,i suppose it is

Teh Ganon
July 9th, 2007, 09:03 PM
How many times have u made a new user here lol

ICEE
July 9th, 2007, 09:04 PM
jeez ganon just hand out porn why dont you? what happened to the good ol days when we had to work for it? anyways i feel bad for you cheatsman. id just leave these forums

==cheater==
July 9th, 2007, 09:05 PM
about 20 times i have made a new account,why?

you know what really freaks me out....

i killed a guy named anthony.....

i have stepped into...the twilight zone
Dew new new new new...Dew new new new new...Dew new new new new...Dew new new new new...BWA BWA...duh duh...BWA BWA!!!! LOLZ

Masterz1337
July 9th, 2007, 09:10 PM
lol. Denying it cheatsman? I don't need to make up lies about you Tassin.

ICEE
July 9th, 2007, 09:11 PM
ok idk maybe something to do with this?

its humiliating even if it isnt true.

Says the man who has cartoon porn in a file called s.swf, which is located in C:\Documents and Settings\anthony tassin\My Documents\sfx ?

And by the way, next time looking for pictures of Nami giving a blowjob, ask.com isn't the best place to go ;)

Masterz1337
July 9th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Why is it that you must watch cartoon porn? You parents have some stuipid app on your PC to stop you. Why do they have that? Did they catch you walking the dog?

==cheater==
July 9th, 2007, 09:16 PM
lol,this is funny listening to you

i admit it,i do watch porn,expecially your mama!
OOOOOO,BURN!

nah,dont hate da playa,hate da game

Masterz1337
July 9th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Hush hush, go change your Ivory Tower wallpaper. It's boring.

==cheater==
July 9th, 2007, 09:21 PM
FYI,its coldsnap...

oh,and if you hacked me,whats my first map,eh?

its humiliating even if it isnt true.
you know what's really humiliating?

leaving halo ce for 3 years and then coming back in august,
and then finding out that the leader of cmt came to halo ce pricisely a month after you came back,lol

Masterz1337
July 9th, 2007, 09:38 PM
LoL, it doesn't work that way.

I've been part of CMT since november 04, I never left, so I don't even know what you are talking about.

==cheater==
July 9th, 2007, 09:41 PM
damn,i dont get the other 3 years against you...

but i made my first map on August the first of '04

Masterz1337
July 9th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Glad to see your maps have improved...?

Kirby_422
July 9th, 2007, 09:57 PM
And we are more aware than most how HTC/HEK+ works, and the encryption.
then why did I have to inform you of the way to go around map protection?.. lol

and it is impossible to RIP CMT maps.
Wrong. it is as posible as any other normal map. you just have to go around map protection. (im shuting up about that topic now.. lol)

ICEE
July 9th, 2007, 10:11 PM
verbally owned. lol

Masterz1337
July 9th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Most being the keyword kirbs.

Kirby_422
July 9th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Most being the keyword kirbs.
dude.. you said "more than anyone else" well I have more information on going around map protection than anyone else witch is clearly a catigory of HEK+ :p

Masterz1337
July 9th, 2007, 10:28 PM
wow, you're an idiot. Let's settle this on AIM.

Teh Ganon
July 9th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Yeah, Kirby some of teh stuff you do is a bit compelling. But to get sorta back on topic, here are some pics of Archive that I took in Sapien...

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u302/tehganon/archive1.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u302/tehganon/archive2.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u302/tehganon/archive3.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u302/tehganon/archive4.jpg

CtrlAltDestroy
July 9th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Ground looks horrid; rest looks decent.

Teh Ganon
July 9th, 2007, 10:37 PM
D4no made us a new ground. I do realize the one in teh pic looks like a flying sperm whale that got hit by a 747. This is teh first beta, and a UMT member beta game will be hosted tommorow morning... man im gonna be up all night long....:(

ICEE
July 9th, 2007, 10:38 PM
i agree with ctrlaltdestroy (try typing that 10 times fast) ground textures need to go

Mass
July 9th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Ground looks horrid; rest looks decent.
Yes, D4no was nice enough to pimp my ground texture, so, no worries.

Jay2645
July 9th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Looks good, except for the Sperm Whale part...

Con
July 10th, 2007, 12:42 AM
the huh

ICEE
July 10th, 2007, 12:48 AM
you missed it. someone said the ground looked like a sperm whale or something

Limited
July 10th, 2007, 02:06 AM
Mammoth thread, just read all 22 pages...

There seems to be a few good guys I like in UMT, naive but nice. From the work you guys have shown you ave good potiential.

Apparently one of you has been playin halo pc for 6 years, congrats, how'd you get it 6 years ago wasnt released then :P:P

Oh and one more thing, to the guy who posted the zelda halo screenshot. You did not make that biped, would you like to admit to it and then say who the real maker was (I know who it was, I just dont want to spoil the game)

==cheater==
July 10th, 2007, 02:48 AM
ok,masterz,this is my last post here to prove you wrong,

there is 3 areas where you messed up

1.how could i get porn while i would have some sort of parental controlls?

2.in march,i knew you would try to hack my comp.
so i changed the name of my documents folder

3.im on a laptop,and i have been for the whole day,and guess what?
its not mine

4.i change my ip a lot,a real lot,you could have gotten someone elses computer by mistake,how else do i have 20 accounts here?

also,masterz,i feel sorry about the cmt tags being uploaded,i just hope dennis doesnt upload it and have his speech about free speech and stuff

and also,thanks for telling me about the widgit in ui,im sure my HUD will be perfected tomorrow

Dole
July 10th, 2007, 02:52 AM
Does you konw to how count? :maddowns:

Its [It's] better than to cheat than to kill...

SnaFuBAR
July 10th, 2007, 03:01 AM
to the guy who posted the zelda halo screenshot. You did not make that biped, would you like to admit to it and then say who the real maker was?

Masterz1337
July 10th, 2007, 03:04 AM
You still lie. I saw you work on your HUD on his computer today. On July 2nd at 9:22 AM you were watching porn in windows media player, the name of the porno was "Seventeen". On the 7th you watched more cartoon porn at 1:22 PM. And your parental controls didn't block kinkygames.com.

Dole
July 10th, 2007, 04:12 AM
Dude, you gotta teach me how to do that. :P

Teh Ganon
July 10th, 2007, 06:32 AM
[sing]The internet is for porn.:lol:[sing]

Rentafence
July 10th, 2007, 09:06 AM
[sing]The internet is for porn.:lol:[sing]

Ew, gross!

Mass
July 10th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Ew, gross!

Me up all night hugging me horn, to porn, porn, porn!

==cheater==
July 10th, 2007, 01:07 PM
to the guy who posted the zelda halo screenshot. You did not make that biped, would you like to admit to it and then say who the real maker was?

yes,it was jahrain,and i give credit for most of the map,such as the shaders
that i will use in so said map

and masterz,your last post was the only real 1,yes,i did watch porn on the 7th,but it wasnt "cartoon" porn,and also,you could easily have asked someone if i was

and,why do you think the internet was made???
lol

im sure at least 80% of the mapping community does watch porn,
and if you dont,masterz,it just proves we're more straight than you,

i'm sick of this childish behavoir here,as some guy on south park said,
"screw you guys,i'm going home"

CtrlAltDestroy
July 10th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Actually, it proves that you can't get some so you have to resort to the internet.

TeeKup
Actually, it proves that you can't get some so you have to resort to the internet.

Bah hah ha ha!!!

teh lag
im sure at least 80% of the mapping community does watch porn,
and if you dont,masterz,it just proves we're more straight than you,

Ah yes, the infamous "you're a homosexual" argument. And yet you called HIM childish. How funny.

Also wtf is behavoir.

Also, watching porn just means you can't get any in real life.

~ZMT~Trace
July 10th, 2007, 01:13 PM
This thread is awesome, Masterz is awesome.

CtrlAltDestroy
July 10th, 2007, 01:15 PM
guys i can watch pixels do it im more straight than you cause you dont hah

also, FUK U CMT

Nugga117
July 10th, 2007, 01:15 PM
and,why do you think the internet was made???
For communication.
It's not a big truck.
It's a series of tubes.

Con
July 10th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Also, watching porn just means you can't get any in real life.
like me? :saddowns:

but atleast it's not cartoon porn :woop:

teh lag
July 10th, 2007, 01:27 PM
like me? :saddowns:

but atleast it's not cartoon porn :woop:

highfive connie
_/\_

Limited
July 10th, 2007, 01:48 PM
yes,it was jahrain,and i give credit for most of the map,such as the shaders
that i will use in so said map
Um, what are you on about, you did not give credit AT all. You infact said "here's what i have been doing"

Please stop posting your shit attempts at things. This includes what garbage that comes out of your mouth. "Yah I was gonna give credit LOL!" bullshit, did you give credit when you posted the screenshot? No, THEREFORE YOU DIDNT GIVE CREDIT.

I expect your going to reply with "yah but I was gonna give credit when I released map"..thats not fucking good enough okay? does everyone else on these forums JUST do that? No, if they have a WIP they say "oh and yeah thx to lala for the model"..did you? No.

To apologise to jahrain for this stealing, I suggest you delete his tags from your map. You claim this to be your zelda mod, what did you actually add to it? A non working new health hud?

This is why we said no to dsalimander when he asked for tags, this is proof that you guys dont give credit although you say you do.

~ZMT~Trace
July 10th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Um, what are you on about, you did not give credit AT all. You infact said "here's what i have been doing"

I don't want to take sides here, but I think he meant the HUD, not the ripped stuff.

Limited
July 10th, 2007, 02:19 PM
I don't want to take sides here, but I think he meant the HUD, not the ripped stuff.
Well he showed a picture of a map, with the biped in 3rd person mode. Then said heres what I have been working on.

If he ment hud he would have said "hey check out his hud I have made"

Jay2645
July 10th, 2007, 02:28 PM
He doesn't do any modeling for us, just a few HUDs. That would be one of them.

SnaFuBAR
July 10th, 2007, 02:30 PM

is that a promise?

Jay2645
July 10th, 2007, 02:32 PM
If you want to spam him, I have his email: camtheman155@yahoo.com

OK, so that's not his email, but I know who's email it is, and everyone here will want to spam him...

Limited
July 10th, 2007, 02:48 PM
If you want to spam him, I have his email: camtheman155@yahoo.com

OK, so that's not his email, but I know who's email it is, and everyone here will want to spam him...*Loads program*

Who's email is this?

~ZMT~Trace
July 10th, 2007, 03:01 PM
*Loads program*

Who's email is this?

Hogfaggot.

TeeKup
July 10th, 2007, 03:30 PM
I think Limited pretty much wrapped things up with post #233.

Neuro Guro
July 10th, 2007, 04:02 PM
A lot of you need to get your shit together.

Mass
July 10th, 2007, 06:38 PM
On another note, we had the first of several internal beta tests for Archive today and from what I've heard (I couldn't make it) the map is very fun, particularly for CTF. We'll be staging more, (that I'll actually attend) and finish fixing the bugs, which are mostly shader-related.

UPDATE:
I just got out of a beta session and I have to say, the map is freakin' fun. It was chaotic 3 on 3, but that could be the short respawn and infinate nades. So, this is very good news as I was not sure how the map would play at first. Keep your eyes peeled.
And yes, I did get owned. :)

Jay2645
July 11th, 2007, 12:31 AM
If you guys want to see what Archive looks like now, look at my post here:
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=9881&start=36
I'm in charge of populating it.
Yes, I did make those flags. Ganon supplied the .jpeg image, and I took it from there.

ICEE
July 11th, 2007, 01:44 AM
wtf why am i never apart of these beta sessions??? im a tester =(

Jay2645
July 11th, 2007, 01:47 AM
You're not on at the same time, that's why, lol.

Mass
July 11th, 2007, 02:16 AM
Too true, too true.
But you might play a no-bugs version tomorrow. :woot:

so you can hop on teh....:bandwagon:

Teh Ganon
July 11th, 2007, 03:02 AM
If you guys want to see what Archive looks like now, look at my post here:
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=9881&start=36
I'm in charge of populating it.
Yes, I did make those flags. Ganon supplied the .jpeg image, and I took it from there.

you are not in charge of populating, WE are.:mad:

Mass
July 11th, 2007, 03:04 AM
lol.

DaneO'Roo
July 11th, 2007, 03:48 AM
Still havent mentioned who made that ground map for you....

nice to see people giving credit hurrr

Also, whats with the grabbing shit from everywhere else? Seriosuly it's annoying me. Impress us. Make your OWN flags or sky.

again, wheres the credit
:eyesroll:

Mass
July 11th, 2007, 11:44 AM

Also, whats with the grabbing shit from everywhere else? Seriosuly it's annoying me. Impress us. Make your OWN flags or sky.

again, wheres the credit

We have credited you several times, but here goes: Dano you are god.
We did make our own flags, and the sky happens to be exactly what I had in mind, although it will probabaly be changed a bit.

Teh Ganon
July 11th, 2007, 11:46 AM

again, wheres the credit

Oops, I guess we forgot to mention that you did make that new ground texture. But it was the first thing i mention on the halomaps thread.

And the flags, the image was taken from an open source command and conquer site. Then I shopped em up. And I do suppose we could go about making our own sky.But that No Remorse does look snazzy.

Hurrvish
July 11th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Now Halomaps people are "gonna download that no remorse map and rip the sky"

Nice job BTW, can't wait to try it.

Mass
July 11th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Now Halomaps people are "gonna download that no remorse map and rip the sky"

Nice job BTW, can't wait to try it.

Thanks.

I can't wait 'till release myself, having to wait for beta sessions to play the map sucks. lol.

DaneO'Roo
July 11th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Just tested the map, it's moving quite nice, but yeah obvious things like detail maps and shaders need to be worked on. The map itself and it's work is great, just the HEK side of things seem a bit dodgy.

Random
July 11th, 2007, 12:40 PM
On July 2nd at 9:22 AM you were watching porn in windows media player, the name of the porno was "Seventeen"

Omfg Child porn we must stop this :dateline:

ICEE
July 11th, 2007, 01:15 PM
wtf random dont go back to that.

how can i beta test if all teh bugs are already worked out

anyways i want to see the new sky. the other one looked cool but it didnt quite match the map. made it look like a floating island

Mass
July 11th, 2007, 01:22 PM
ganon and I just had a little private beta session, and the new teleporters we added are quite nice in my opinion, they didn't really change the game, just added another level of play.