PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] 7/7/07 is here

DaneO'Roo
July 7th, 2007, 03:55 AM
http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=lovebungie

:awesome:

Not much, but I believe theres gunna be some more awesome coming very soon.

TIA Gangsta
July 7th, 2007, 04:34 AM
My laptop decides to fuck up on THIS VERY DAY, out of all fucking days.
It's really pissed me off...

Can anyone post any screenshots of what I will probably be missing today?

thehoodedsmack
July 7th, 2007, 05:48 AM
They've posted 3d quicktime movies of the brute chopper, E.V.A. Spartan and C.Q.B. Spartan. So... anyone know how to extract models from a 3d quicktime file?

Elite Killa
July 7th, 2007, 09:31 AM
My little cousin turns 7 today. :lol:

Seriously, I'm not lying. He does.

DaneO'Roo
July 7th, 2007, 09:48 AM
They've posted 3d quicktime movies of the brute chopper, E.V.A. Spartan and C.Q.B. Spartan. So... anyone know how to extract models from a 3d quicktime file?

Aren't 3d quicktime movies just quicktime movies recorded with a panning camera motion?

CtrlAltDestroy
July 7th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Yeah, they're just a string of images. :/

TIA Gangsta
July 7th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Fixed my laptop internetz and what shit is this?
Man, so much for all the hype...

Con
July 7th, 2007, 10:44 AM
My little cousin turns 7 today. :lol:
Seriously, I'm not lying. He does.
Creepy...I turn 16

SMASH
July 7th, 2007, 11:17 AM
WTF rocket is that!?!

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/8457/wthrocketas1.png

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/3748/wthrocket2ht0.png

Anyone care to model it?

Lightning
July 7th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Missile Pod.

FRain
July 7th, 2007, 11:50 AM
*COUGHMISSLEPODCOUGHCOUGH*

Missile Pod.

Edit: God damnit lightning.

Con
July 7th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Where does the missile come from? All I see at the front is a giant lego technic rod:

http://media.peeron.com/ldraw/images/0/3705.png

Atty
July 7th, 2007, 12:19 PM
If you've got a 360 don't forget to download the free new theme and picture pack. They are gone after today.

Warsaw
July 7th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Someone will post them on the internet, don't worry.

Digikid
July 7th, 2007, 01:14 PM
yuck that EVA suit is HORRIBLE.

Every time I see it this is what it looks like to me.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3000/bugspartandi6.jpg

Warsaw
July 7th, 2007, 01:17 PM
EVA looks better than the CQB version.

Digikid
July 7th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Other way around IMHO....but none of them look better than the standard Armor.

Terry
July 7th, 2007, 01:57 PM
EVA looks better than the CQB version.

I actually think the CQB looks pretty cool. EVA makes me want to throw up, though.

Dole
July 7th, 2007, 02:10 PM
1. WTF rocket is that!?!

2. Anyone care to model it?
1. You haven't seen this yet? :eek:
2. How about you. I know you will anyway. >_>

Creepy...I turn 16
Creepy... I turn 16. Tomorrow. :)

SMASH
July 7th, 2007, 10:48 PM
I would but my comps down :(.

But I'm happy that you think i am compitant enough to do it :).

Dole
July 7th, 2007, 11:01 PM
Dude, I feel bad saying this, but... that looks like Strider could've modeled it.

Given, the entire thing wouldn't have had any polygons with more than three sides and there would've been about ten stray vertices and fucked-up UV's, but to an extent that does look like his work.

-£§- §age
July 8th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Is it possible to make the missile pod a vehicle so as to use third person perspective?

Random
July 8th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Dude, I feel bad saying this, but... that looks like Strider could've modeled it.

Given, the entire thing wouldn't have had any polygons with more than three sides and there would've been about ten stray vertices and fucked-up UV's, but to an extent that does look like his work.

Its not that bad, anyhow you are not examining it in great detail when you are playing. It shoots missiles that kill people and vehicles so as long as it looks like something that shoots missiles I have no problem with it.

Arteen
July 8th, 2007, 02:50 PM
If you've got a 360 don't forget to download the free new theme and picture pack. They are gone after today.
If only my 360 wasn't currently being repaired, I would have. Also...

We also, not coincidentally, arranged another surprise that by early tomorrow morning, will have worked its way through the interweb and its cavernous tubes – the Blastacular Map Pack, free for everyone, and then subsequently, the new maps that comprise it will be rolled fully into matchmaking (not for a few weeks). So even the folks who already bought ‘em get to enjoy an aspect of the freebie.
Too bad I already bought the maps, then my 360 red-ringed before I even had a chance to try them out, which means completely wasted money. At least it's great for everyone else.

:(

Pooky
July 8th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Those 3D quicktimes are a really fascinating optical illusion... I played with the Chopper one for like 10 minutes

Limited
July 8th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Chopper one had shit quality imo. Other two were the best :D.

In the eva one, the spartan is about to rape the crap out of that base with his gun.

TIA Gangsta
July 8th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Those 3D quicktimes are a really fascinating optical illusion... I played with the Chopper one for like 10 minutes

Illusion? How so?

Oh, and open the Brute Chopper one (the one not damaged), and get it into a position where you're looking at the right side of it at an angle. See the lighting at the top tip of the vehicle? Remind you of something?
E3 Teaser Trailer :XD:

TeeKup
July 8th, 2007, 03:20 PM
I love that CQB. :3

Pooky
July 8th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Illusion? How so?

because it's just a bunch of images strung together, but if you rotate at a decent speed it looks like a 3D render

TIA Gangsta
July 8th, 2007, 03:47 PM
because it's just a bunch of images strung together, but if you rotate at a decent speed it looks like a 3D render

Oh, but the armour ones weren't images were they? If you rotate them at a steady speed, you see the spartan is breathing. How can they gather those images while still showing a smooth flow of animation?

Pooky
July 8th, 2007, 05:01 PM
because they took a lot of frames... :|

DaneO'Roo
July 8th, 2007, 08:50 PM

How? It's just a model. Maybe they just wanted a missle pod. Of course it's going to end up like a cylindrical shape. It's the actual texture and bump map that make it look like an actual weapon, as opposed to strider. The people at bungie, as we know are not crap modellers. This is exactly the look they wanted with the missle pod. I personally think it looks kick ass, but we need to look at the entire package, not just the model.

Elite Killa
July 8th, 2007, 09:31 PM
The only thing I disliked about the misslepod was how I'm locking on to a target and the target just gets out of reach after I fire.

Terry
July 8th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Oh, but the armour ones weren't images were they? If you rotate them at a steady speed, you see the spartan is breathing. How can they gather those images while still showing a smooth flow of animation?

...Because he was animated while breathing. Notice how he isn't breathing when you're not playing the animation backwards or foward?