PDA

View Full Version : New Tower, New Problems

Metkil5685
July 7th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Well, yesterday I got a new tower. My dad and I got all the compenents(sp) out and put them in the new tower. Everything got connected, but a few wires. Two to be exact.

- Black and white wires leading into a 3 pin connector. The wires are on the outside two pins connection holes

- Red and black wires leading into a 4 pin connector. The wires are on the outside two pins connection holes.

Another bonus I got, was the fact that when I booted it up, there was no audio. I'm still using the intergeted(sp) audio ports. Mic and Line Out work fine, but Line In does not. I did make sure my volume was up. I did make sure there were in the right ports.

If it helps any. My mother board is an Intel D845GVSR and my tower (with 500W PS) is a Dynex DX-500CC. I just wanna hear me games. Any help would be fantasic(sp).

P.S. - For those that don't know what (sp) stands for, its spelling. That means I know I spelt it wrong.

legionaire45
July 8th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Is this a pre-built machine that you upgraded or something?

if not, have you installed all the drivers for it?

klange
July 8th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Components, Integrated, Fantastic

I agree with legionaire, sounds like you're missing sound drivers.
The two cables that you have disconnected are for your front panel, right?
You'll have to look around, it took me twenty minutes to find out where to plug in my power button when I was building a PC out of spare parts.

Metkil5685
July 8th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Well drivers did nothing. As for the cables. I don't know. I'll look a put more tonight, but I'm getting a new sound card anyways.