PDA

View Full Version : [Map] Hang 'Em High BETA Conversion

P13F4C3
July 9th, 2007, 08:19 PM
This is a Hang'em High BETA conversion, Ive tried to match the sky to the original Hang'Em High's, I made this because Hang'Em High is one of my favourite Halo PC/CE maps, And i dont think anyone is converting this one over. The weapon spawns are same/very close to the originals, The only texture that is different is the floor texture, I liked the h2v one better than the original also its higher detail. It contains the correct name ingame instead of "Halo 2 Level". It contains the working custom Map Shot. Ive released a beta so i can get feedback on things that need to be fixed/changed
Credits:
Thanks to lightning for the light shader that i couldnt get working correctly.

Pics:
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p79/woozie64/hangem3.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p79/woozie64/hangem2.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p79/woozie64/hangem1.jpg

Download Beta:
http://files.filefront.com/HangEmHigh+H2Vrar/;8008372;;/fileinfo.html

demonmaster3k
July 9th, 2007, 09:28 PM
hang em high isn't is good as tombstone (but desolation is still gay derelict wasn't that great to begin with)

remake tombstone for h2v

Con
July 9th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Derelict was awesome, mister

Hurrvish
July 9th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Desolation sucked. Every time I play there, I always spawn near the sentinel beam with a SMG. And every time i turn around, theres someone with a sword or rocket standing 6 feet away from me.

Although I must say that Swords on Desolation is the next best thing to Swords on lockout.

Also, TS BR on Tombstone rocks.

Trinx
July 9th, 2007, 10:37 PM
hang em high isn't is good as tombstone (but desolation is still gay derelict wasn't that great to begin with)

remake tombstone for h2v

Wow, get out. Hang Em High is better in every aspect.
Speaking of which, I don't think HeH would work well in H2V (gameplay wise).

Neuro Guro
July 9th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Wow, get out. Hang Em High is better in every aspect.
Speaking of which, I don't think HeH would work well in H2V (gameplay wise).

Thats why they had to redesign Tombstone a bit.

Sever
July 9th, 2007, 10:55 PM
I personally love both the maps in both the games, but they should stay where they are. Just my opinion. That's why I'm doing remakes, not just ports. Great job still, though. Hope this turns out well!

dcemuser
July 10th, 2007, 01:24 AM
Great job with Hang 'Em High!

P.S. Could you please tell us how you got the map shot working? Thanks in advance.

xExus
July 10th, 2007, 05:37 AM
Looks sweet!

To all people who says Tombstone > Hang 'em:Isn't better to have one HeH than not having either Tombstone or Hang 'em High, right? ( ;) )

Terry
July 10th, 2007, 07:54 AM
If you could add fall damage to the map, it could work quite well.

P13F4C3
July 10th, 2007, 09:12 AM
with the map shot all i did was did what the tutorial in guerilla said but now when i recompile its not working, but ill keep messign with it, and ill tell you how i get it working

dcemuser
July 10th, 2007, 10:55 AM

I think H2V actually has fall damage. I know I took it when I jumped off a building in Headlong - which I didn't take any damage in H2X.

dcemuser
July 10th, 2007, 04:31 PM
1. As Lightning mentioned, your lights are 'flickering' because they are too close to the structure. You can fix this by moving them out a little bit, but you should just add "[" to the end of their sub-material name (without the quotes).
2. There are no player spawn points for CTF, so the game instantly ends.
3. There is only one hill in King of the Hill (there should be five I think), and it should encompass the entire sniper platform, not just an oval-shaped region of it.
4. There are no territories (should be 5).
5. There are no oddball spawns (should be 3).
6. The flag bases should only appear in CTF and Assault. Make that happen by unchecking all of the objects' modes besides CTF and Assault.
7. The weapons respawn too quickly. Set their respawn times to 0 to set it to default. Does anyone know what Halo 1 used for respawn timer countdown? I think all weapons, grenades, and powerups used a "On Pick Up" countdown type, so you should use that. Power-ups respawn after 120 seconds, and the rockets respawn after either a minute or two, depending on the map. If you load the level up in Halo 1 Sapien/Guerrilla, you can look at the times that way.
8. I'm not sure if the flamethrower should be replaced by the sword or not... you should ask some other people what they think. The sword is largely viewed as a "n00b" weapon, and probably wouldn't fit in with the level's Halo 1 style.

After you fix those issues, it'll be time to have some classic H1 fun.

Also, I just found out that you can't do map shots at the moment, so don't worry about it.

*offtopic*
Xexus: I didn't know you posted on these forums. I want to let you know that you are probably the best player I've met in H2V, which is saying a lot.

xExus
July 11th, 2007, 08:13 AM
Then you have probably played with the people worst all the time..:rolleyes:

..until you met me, and I'm OK.Not good not bad.

And just a n00b question: How do I get the map in game..? :/

P13F4C3
July 11th, 2007, 09:13 AM
download the map, then go to Documents, then My Games, then Halo 2 then you will see a folder called Maps, place all custom maps in there, it should look something like

C:\Users\<Name-of-User>\Documents\My Games\Halo 2\Maps

Pooky
July 11th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Derelict was awesome, mister

Derilict was THE best arena map.. and the only good map for using covenant weapons on PC

xExus
July 11th, 2007, 10:56 AM
download the map, then go to Documents, then My Games, then Halo 2 then you will see a folder called Maps, place all custom maps in there, it should look something like

C:\Users\<Name-of-User>\Documents\My Games\Halo 2\Maps

Oh, thx a lot dude

Elite Killa
July 15th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Agreed.

Maps like these were a success on Halo 1 because it gave players the suspense and fear about falling over the edge and dying.

Pooky
July 16th, 2007, 12:18 AM
What are you kidding, I rocket jumped around the place <_<

CabooseJr
July 17th, 2007, 01:39 AM
That is a fun remake.