PDA

View Full Version : ExAm's Restoration Project Files

ExAm
July 10th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Here are the files I made, which led to my Shader Patch. I am posting them here, if anyone would like to compile them into a CE bitmap file. Readme included in the zip. If you do compile them, upload the file here. I'm sure the community could benefit from a CE version of the file.

Link (http://files.filefront.com//;8016293;;/)

Apoc4lypse
July 10th, 2007, 04:28 PM
hmm these are pretty neat, I like the Assualt rifle, what was this being made for? Were they for pc origionaly or wha?

I might use some of these for a map if thats alright, I'll credit you, dont worry lol, I really like the AR.

EDIT: O ok they were from pc, uhm in halo ce you can't really compile a main bitmap file that works for all the maps, each map uses its own bitmap tags, unlike pc which shares one bitmap.map file. So idk if it would be possible to compile them into a bitmap.map and use them on all maps, I don't think its possible...

ExAm
July 10th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Bitmaps.map is right there in the CE maps folder. At least it would work for the standard maps.

Flyboy
July 10th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Yet screw with all the others. I've tried applying standard shaders to the CE bitmaps. Fucks everything up in a big ol' exception.

ExAm
July 10th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Maybe you messed it up yourself.

AAA
July 11th, 2007, 03:36 PM
OMFG I've been wating so long for the patch for CE THANK YOU!!! +Rep.

p0lar_bear
July 11th, 2007, 04:36 PM
OMFG I've been wating so long for the patch for CE THANK YOU!!! +Rep.

Except it's not a CE patch; he's looking for someone to make one.

Is there an injector that will read and edit a CE bitmaps.map?

AAA
July 11th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Except it's not a CE patch; he's looking for someone to make one.

Is there an injector that will read and edit a CE bitmaps.map?

Yeah, I realized that after I downloaded it. Didn't want to edit my post anyway.

Well, What p0lar_bear asked ^^^^

ExAm
July 12th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Apparently you have to compile the bitmaps with the HEK.

p0lar_bear
July 12th, 2007, 11:10 PM
afaik, tool can't compile metafiles like bitmaps.map :(

ExAm
July 13th, 2007, 01:47 PM
>_>

Strange.

Apoc4lypse
July 14th, 2007, 10:00 AM
>_>

Strange.

no, not really, meta files are just a name for data files that are really only used with hmt which was programmed by monoxide...

basically what I'm trying to say is, halo pc modding is completely different from halo custom edition modding, because the software used to mod halo pc was made by fans of the game, so its very different... at least when your talking about file types and methods of modding.

Halo CE was made by gbx well, the tools used to mod CE were ported from bungies origional dev kit for halo I think, then kind of altered by gbx I'm guessing then released.

Sort of how halo 2 vista employed "hired gun" to make the dev kit for public use.

So yes this is why tool doesnt read meta files, it was never programed to do such a thing, it compiles .tiff files into .bitmap files which are then used in shader files, which are then also compiled into a map file... :D sounds simple dont it?

p0lar_bear
July 14th, 2007, 11:12 AM
no, not really, meta files are just a name for data files that are really only used with hmt which was programmed by monoxide...

basically what I'm trying to say is, halo pc modding is completely different from halo custom edition modding, because the software used to mod halo pc was made by fans of the game, so its very different... at least when your talking about file types and methods of modding.

Halo CE was made by gbx well, the tools used to mod CE were ported from bungies origional dev kit for halo I think, then kind of altered by gbx I'm guessing then released.

Sort of how halo 2 vista employed "hired gun" to make the dev kit for public use.

So yes this is why tool doesnt read meta files, it was never programed to do such a thing, it compiles .tiff files into .bitmap files which are then used in shader files, which are then also compiled into a map file... :D sounds simple dont it?

I wasn't referring to .meta files; I was talking about bitmaps.map.

ExAm
July 14th, 2007, 11:38 AM

I meant that it's strange that you can't just compile a bitmaps.map file so it fixes the bitmaps for any maps that draw from that file.

MNC
July 14th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Would it be possible to just update the AR tags and let users place them in the custom maps?

ExAm
July 14th, 2007, 03:23 PM
No idea. I know nothing about compiling any sort of file.

AAA
July 14th, 2007, 08:06 PM
well does anyone? I don't know how, I would like most of these shaders to go into Halo CE though =( [/tired of crappy AR shaders on default maps]

MNC
July 19th, 2007, 06:14 AM
I'd love to see these in Halo. Contact anyone who has the slightest clue of shaders and get these in CE :D

Neuro Guro
July 19th, 2007, 07:26 AM
Its possible, just need the bitmap files to work with, then manually update the shaders for the weapons. Make sure they work right and release the tags for the updated weapons. Someone should probably update the shader for the ring and compile/release a updated UI.map.

AAA
July 19th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Its possible, just need the bitmap files to work with, then manually update the shaders for the weapons. Make sure they work right and release the tags for the updated weapons. Someone should probably update the shader for the ring and compile/release a updated UI.map.

:o +rep each day for one week for the guy that does this!!! (not joking)

Digikid
July 19th, 2007, 06:36 PM
the system will not allow you to do that.

AAA
July 19th, 2007, 06:39 PM
I know that. I know how to work around it.