dg
July 13th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Done. Thank you for the link.

Atty
July 13th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Done.

ExAm
July 13th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Done, and forwarded to three more people.

Bastinka
July 13th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Done.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1xXNoB3t8vM

Lolz ^

Skiiran
July 13th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Wait a minute, Aren't you forced to do that because they provide the phone lines?
So without it, you'd have internet, but no phone service? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

ExAm
July 13th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Hackers have opened up the service on other devices, so they may do that with the iPhone. As far as I know, it still retains its service.

Random
July 13th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Hackers have opened up the service on other devices, so they may do that with the iPhone. As far as I know, it still retains its service.

You can use other providers with you iphone via hacking it.

dg
July 14th, 2007, 01:01 AM
The problem with hacking the iPhone is that Cingular/AT&T specifically refit there nationwide network to outfit the phone. The lack of 3G support had them scrambling for better and faster service and no other provider has Visual Voicemail. However awesome it would be to "unlock" it for other GSM providers, it's just not that feasible.

I'm waiting for two things. A) My Sprint contract to expire in 1 and 1/2 years and B) when Apple releases their AT&T-free iPhone "Nano." (http://www.tuaw.com/2007/07/10/iphone-nano-rumors/) (even if it's "unusual and highly risky (http://www.tuaw.com/2007/07/10/jp-morgan-retracts-now-says-no-to-near-term-nano-iphone/)")

Flyboy
July 14th, 2007, 02:46 AM
Wtf, get congress involved with the iphone. thats total bull.

legionaire45
July 14th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Oh come on, it's a petition, it's bound to work, right?

...right?

...I signed it =(.

Emmzee
July 16th, 2007, 12:19 AM
It's not the iPhone. It's AT&T.

legionaire45
July 16th, 2007, 01:11 AM
It's not the iPhone. It's AT&T.
I know how to free the iPhone. Hit it with a hammer. Or better yet, blend it.

Limited
July 16th, 2007, 01:17 AM
Its just a matter of time till u can get it unrestricted.

Were gonna get iphone here in uk by december, its with 02 and 02 rule so its gonna be a blast.

Con
July 16th, 2007, 01:27 AM
When I saw that the iPhone used at&t I was all :smithicide:

Archon23
July 16th, 2007, 02:07 AM
Iphone? with AT&T? Limited wireless? ................:lol:...........:suicide:

Cortexian
July 16th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Done.

paladin
July 18th, 2007, 09:49 PM

Did you actually read what the petition stated?

Flyboy
July 18th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Nope, but I know that congress isn't going to waist its time with a consumer product. Apple and AT@T can sell what they want, weather it's crap or not doesn't concern the government.

Emmzee
July 19th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Nope, but I know that congress isn't going to waist its time with a consumer product. Apple and AT@T can sell what they want, weather it's crap or not doesn't concern the government.
You still have no idea what this is about.

Flyboy
July 19th, 2007, 01:22 AM
Nope. Would you care to explain to me one good reason then why you people think that this is worth the time of congress.

ExAm
July 19th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Would you care to read the fucking article?

Flyboy
July 19th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Dear FCC and Congress,
The iPhone has set the stage for the future of mobile Internet — but bad policies allow companies like AT&T and Verizon to shackle great gadgets to their closed networks.
To free the wireless Internet, the FCC and Congress must use the 700MHz spectrum auction to create an open network that gives consumers:
The freedom to use whatever device we want on any network.
The freedom to choose among many providers in a competitive wholesale marketplace.
The freedom to access any content or services we want through our devices.Conclusion, congress is a bunch of 50 year old men bent on ruling people, they likely don't even know what the iphone is like most people their age,let alone get involved in a consumer product. If this actually going to get changed by both the FCC and Congress then why don't all the other shitty products out in the marked get called for by congress. Your going to have to accept the fact that this is a consumer product meant for consumers and unless apple and At@T are doing something illigal, this is a waist of time made by ignorant computer junkies.

jahrain
July 19th, 2007, 07:16 PM
The PSP is still the true "internet in your pocket".

klange
July 19th, 2007, 07:25 PM
I do believe the Pocket PC fits that description too...

paladin
July 19th, 2007, 08:02 PM

It has nothing to do with the phone itself, its the internet service. AT&T and verizon own the airwaves for that type of wireless signal and are charging huge amounts for use. Basically, in a peanut shell, this petition is to make it illegal for them to do this, thus making the service FREE. or slightly cheaper...

Flyboy
July 19th, 2007, 08:03 PM
If they own the airways, they can charge what they want, no matter how pissed off you are. There isn't a rule in America saying that you can't get pissed.