PDA

View Full Version : graphics problems

beele
July 15th, 2007, 07:38 AM
I play halo 2 on my pc. but the strange thing is that in some parts of some maps I get good Fps and in other parts the Fps goes down to 7 or 8, while there is nothing in that part of the map that should be giving this as a result. (this is for multiplayer). In the campaign I get good FPS (30<-->80) during cutscenes, but when playing it sometimes goes down to the 7 or 8 FPS when there is a fight going on. I find this very strange, because in the cutscenes there are fights too and the Fps does not go down there.

So i decided to overclock my card. I did it with rivatuner 2.02 and the latest nvidia drivers (for my 7600GS AGP). While my score in benchmarks (3dmark 06) goes up, my Fps goes up too but the places where I've got low Fps before will give the same Fps (and halo 1 performence goes down in total). When I lower the res and detail in halo 2 the problem does not change or get any better.

Is there anything I can do to improve my Fps (In 2 months I will have a laptop with an 8600 GT :), but till then I want to play halo 2 on my desktop)

Here are my pc specs:

Intel pentium D 3.0GHz
1.5 GB RAM DDR
Nvidia Sparkle GeForce 7600 GS with 512MB DDR2 (AGP8X)
ASUS P5P800SE 800MHz FSB
Nvidia 162.22 beta drivers (tried other drivers too, same problem)
All not needed programs are closed, even avast antivirus.