PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] More Armor Premutations

KntTader
July 15th, 2007, 09:04 AM
I found some more Halo 3 Armor premutations check them out

http://flamesoffeenix.wordpress.com/2007/07/09/halo-3-armour-permutations-revealed/

cobra armor
http://flamesoffeenix.wordpress.com/2007/07/08/cobra-armour/

I also found this new weapon called the excavator
http://flamesoffeenix.wordpress.com/2007/07/09/excavator-uncovered/

what do you guys think?:)

Digikid
July 15th, 2007, 09:11 AM
looks awful IMHO. The weapon I mean. Looks like a cross between a Plasma Pistol and a Brutish design.

Sever
July 15th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Flamethrower's back!

Digikid
July 15th, 2007, 09:18 AM
BBQ Brute anyone? I call dibs on the arms! :D

I call this the DARTH VADER or the GUNDAM mask! :D

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1326/762912970_567072c5ba_m.jpg

Zeph
July 15th, 2007, 09:26 AM
that's definately fan made. I mean, how would models get to the public in that form? Besides, they look terrible and aren't even modeled with good technique.

Amit
July 15th, 2007, 09:59 AM
^^^^What I was gonna say^^^^ The other permutations don't even look like they would suit the Mark VI body. The cobra is probably fan made pic and the weapon looks like something out of Unreal Tournament.

KntTader
July 15th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Actually all of the Premutation Pics are from a magazine that came out like 5 days ago.

That Cobra armor is on the cover in the middle of a Magazine
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1283/746283899_a78c3fc322_b.jpg

Also, when Halo 3 beta hackers analylized the Halo 3 Beta code they found five different armor names Cobra, Intruder, Regulator, Ninja, and default

Here I found some more Pics

http://www.halo3forum.com/halo-3-general-discussion/147180-h3-leak-excavator-weapon-and-more-helmet-types.html

Stormwing
July 15th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Personally, I think they look awesome. The Cobra looks nice (at least in the Gamepro pic, since it's colored) , and excavator looks like hand-held pwnage. Like a Brute revolver or something, idk.

I really don't like the Vader/Gundam/Halo-ghast helmet though.

TIA Gangsta
July 15th, 2007, 11:27 AM
^^^^What I was gonna say^^^^ The other permutations don't even look like they would suit the Mark VI body. The cobra is probably fan made pic and the weapon looks like something out of Unreal Tournament.

That picture with the "Cobra" isn't fan made. It's from Bungie and can be seen on their website.
As for the rendered helmets, I believe it's fanmade for the reasons Zeph said.

KntTader
July 15th, 2007, 11:29 AM
I really don't like the Vader/Gundam/Halo-ghast helmet though.

I think that the Gas Mask/Darth Vader one is fake because it looks like the mask from killzone.

However I believe that the Cobra Armor is legit with out a dought.:D

Stormwing
July 15th, 2007, 11:46 AM
I think that the Gas Mask/Darth Vader one is fake because it looks like the mask from killzone.
Which is why i called it halo-ghast, since the guys from killzone are called the helghast. yay, a play on words! I'm so witty :-3

I agree that the cobra's for real though, and there definitely has to be more permutations. only 2 new helmets and armor pieces makes it more of dumb gimmick than a fleshed-out feature.
I wish there was new leg armor tho.

keilg2
July 15th, 2007, 11:55 AM
that's definately fan made. I mean, how would models get to the public in that form? Besides, they look terrible and aren't even modeled with good technique.

god, you criticize everything don't you? :lol:

Snaver
July 15th, 2007, 04:38 PM
I wish it was fan made :\

Roostervier
July 15th, 2007, 05:22 PM
They look horrible.

TeeKup
July 15th, 2007, 05:38 PM
The vader helmet is fucking stupid.

I like the cobra helmet though.

The excavator looks retarded as well.

Digikid
July 15th, 2007, 06:22 PM
For ONCE I agree with Teekup.

Elite Killa
July 15th, 2007, 07:14 PM
I think the only unlockable armor permutations that looks good are the E.V.A. armor and the C.Q.B. armor (but I'd still rather stick to the original Mk. VI). Everything else is obnoxious.

"Excavator" is definently fan-made crap.

Hotrod
July 15th, 2007, 08:08 PM
The last helmet reminds me of Darth Vader's helmet, I don't like it very much...

Veegie
July 15th, 2007, 09:56 PM

"Excavator" is definently fan-made crap.
Everything I just quoted is incorrect.

Rentafence
July 15th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Besides, they look terrible and aren't even modeled with good technique.

How do you know how they were modeled?

Veegie
July 15th, 2007, 10:39 PM
He doesn't. He's just speaking out of pure ignorance, as proven by his previous statement.

Con
July 15th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Fan-made or not, they look like shit IMO.
They could be canceled projects anyway, the name "excavator" found in the beta code is probably just another CE gravity rifle.

OmegaDragon
July 16th, 2007, 02:39 AM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1326/762912970_567072c5ba_m.jpg Looks nothing likehttp://i2.ebayimg.com/03/s/07/86/7c/df_2.JPG . Period.

Also, ^Looks like shit^-----------------------^This one just owns.^

Hopefully it will either be made better or just left out of the game.

DaneO'Roo
July 16th, 2007, 03:09 AM
Um, bad smoothing makes them look awful. That gun looks awesome, wtf are you guys on. I bet they look fucking sick with the skin and normal maps on them.

Archon23
July 16th, 2007, 03:18 AM
I personally want that gun to show up. Its like a Brute Revolver Pistol of awesome. Betcha its shoots some kind of spike.

Roostervier
July 16th, 2007, 09:53 AM
This http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1326/762912970_567072c5ba_m.jpg and this http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42409000/jpg/_42409817_poo1_reuters.jpg look exactly alike. I think the helmet used that as a concept.

Rentafence
July 16th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Is that a blurry image of poop?...

Stealth
July 16th, 2007, 12:20 PM
yes, I think so, and that helmet looks like something I've seen come from legos. :/

Zeph
July 16th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Everything I just quoted is incorrect.

LOL, if those are real, then there are open positions for character development at Bungie about now. The method used to make those are terrible and amateur. I dont know how else to describe it other than I used to try and make things like that. *points at vertical lines*

mech
July 16th, 2007, 01:20 PM
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/2319/excavatorby7.jpg

Wow, are they serious. That looks like something we would see from strider, no joke.

Rentafence
July 16th, 2007, 01:27 PM
I really don't understand what you find wrong with that gun. It looks cool to me.

Veegie
July 16th, 2007, 03:24 PM
LOL, if those are real, then there are open positions for character development at Bungie about now. The method used to make those are terrible and amateur. I dont know how else to describe it other than I used to try and make things like that. *points at vertical lines*
Axiomatic exponential coruscation degression.

TIA Gangsta
July 16th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Sorry, but why would Bungie release those images of the gun like that, and if they didn't, then how could anyone else get it in those positions and not in-game?

thehoodedsmack
July 16th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Sorry, but why would Bungie release those images of the gun like that, and if they didn't, then how could anyone else get it in those positions and not in-game?

They could have extracted it from the Beta. Assuming the models were in the beta files. Hey Veegie, was the "Excavator" model in any of the beta files? You were working on that extractor, right? Over at halomods? Or was that someone else?

Veegie
July 16th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Gee maybe they didn't?...
How fucking thick are you?

Brian2112
July 16th, 2007, 05:36 PM
that gun is ugly. i like the spartan III style helmet though. and the one that resembles a clone commandos helmet

TeeKup
July 16th, 2007, 06:01 PM
That vader helmet is as un-halo as it gets. I just can't stand it.

ImSpartacus
July 16th, 2007, 06:37 PM
They could have extracted it from the Beta. Assuming the models were in the beta files. Hey Veegie, was the "Excavator" model in any of the beta files? You were working on that extractor, right? Over at halomods? Or was that someone else?

i think it was just some commands that were found in the beta like 'press x to enter chopper' kind of stuff. and from that ppl knew there was a chopper, etc,etc.

anyways, i totally believe that there will be a brute pistol of some kind or some other, unannounced weapon for them. that looks to me like a revolver and if it had exploding rounds then it would fit the bungie leak (weekly update they talked about an exploding pistol of doom or soemthing like that).

now will it look exactly like that. ummm, no, but it might base off that spirit. the thing in the e tu brute doc looks damn close, except worse, so i think bungie might be able to take a little time to make something better looking for a placeholder, and they prolly did.

Dole
July 16th, 2007, 07:04 PM
that looks to me like a revolver and if it had exploding rounds then it would fit the bungie leak (weekly update they talked about an exploding pistol of doom or soemthing like that).
Unless it's a TP suppression weapon like the Missile Pod, Chaingun, or Plasma Cannon, that would be redundant; it would eclipse the Brute Shot to the point of nullification.

Veegie
July 16th, 2007, 09:19 PM
It's just a pistol...

Goddamn there is a lot of stupid in this topic.

legionaire45
July 16th, 2007, 10:26 PM
It's an excavator. Obviously Master Chief will dig his way under the Ark and lift it up and throw it at the covenant, yelling out "I AM VEEGIE! I WILL SAVE HUMANITY! FUCK YOU!" He then extracted the brutes AI and replaced them with engineers and threw them all into a well, saving humanity.

Oh, and those helmets look like shit. The only one I like is the original Mark VI helmet.

DaneO'Roo
July 16th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Realy, I thinkhte new pistol looks sick. I'm kind of, imagining it in my head with a texture on it, and if it looks at least 2 times as good as what I've got in my head, the thing looks awesome ingame.

Veegie
July 16th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Also, can we review quickly? In chronological order of course...

They're fan made!
Fine they're Bungie made!
Bungie doesn't know the Halo universe and artistic style like I do, for I am the voice of reason!
The modeling on the model that I don't have is bad

Stormwing
July 16th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Realy, I thinkhte new pistol looks sick. I'm kind of, imagining it in my head with a texture on it, and if it looks at least 2 times as good as what I've got in my head, the thing looks awesome ingame.
Likewise.

I wonder...if an unskinned spiker was leaked months ago, would we think of it the same way as this/these? :eyesroll:

and veegie, that was hilarious.

TheFreak
July 17th, 2007, 12:21 AM
the vader one looks like the clone with a shotgun in swbfII, the clone engineer. and i kinda like the cobra.

thehoodedsmack
July 17th, 2007, 06:19 AM

They're fan made!
Bungie doesn't know the Halo universe and artistic style like I do, for I am the voice of reason!

I agree. People are stressing out too much. Leave it as is, September comes fast.

Zeph
July 17th, 2007, 06:26 AM

They're fan made!

Funny, when did this thread get past number one on the list? I haven't seen you pointing where in the beta code such things are found to where the thread can progress to number 2.

Veegie
July 17th, 2007, 08:35 AM
I really didn't think a literalist approach of all things would be taken... but far be it from me to question how goddamn stupid you can get.

If you're seriously asking for proof that they're from the beta at this point... holy christ. Desperation, meet Zeph.

Dole
July 17th, 2007, 10:47 AM
...but far be it from me to question how goddamn stupid you can get.That's uncalled for.

TIA Gangsta
July 17th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Gee maybe they didn't?...
How fucking thick are you?

Wow, you're pretty simple minded aren't you?

I was saying that "even if they did release it". It's emphasising the fact that these are fake, and Bungie didn't release it.

Now show some respect you pussy.

Veegie
July 17th, 2007, 02:07 PM
That's uncalled for.
Oh sorry, I was under the impression that justification was ruled unneeded when I read Zeph's comments. I guess it's a staff-only privilege. Sorry about that!

Now show some respect you pussy.
Who are you and would you like your hypocrite award in trophy or medal form?

Flyboy
July 17th, 2007, 02:29 PM
No Ma5k? =(

Veegie
July 17th, 2007, 02:39 PM
None.

TIA Gangsta
July 17th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Oh sorry, I was under the impression that justification was ruled unneeded when I read Zeph's comments. I guess it's a staff-only privilege. Sorry about that!

Who are you and would you like your hypocrite award in trophy or medal form?

I don't respect people who don't respect me. I never disrespected you in any way before, so I don't expect someone to come along and start mouthing off at me like that.

thehoodedsmack
July 17th, 2007, 04:54 PM
^ You might try getting used to it. Veegie's got his own way of dealing with things. Though this does seem a little more over-the-top than usual. I'm surprised his posts don't get labelled as "bad" more often. ~(-_-)~

Warsaw
July 17th, 2007, 05:51 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1326/762912970_567072c5ba_m.jpg

If I wanted a helmet like that, I'd play Star Wars: Battlefront (2).

Veegie
July 17th, 2007, 05:54 PM
^ You might try getting used to it. Veegie's got his own way of dealing with things. Though this does seem a little more over-the-top than usual. I'm surprised his posts don't get labelled as "bad" more often. ~(-_-)~
Because I'm right.

thehoodedsmack
July 17th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Because I'm right.

I know. But you're also harsh.

Elite Killa
July 17th, 2007, 06:45 PM
I got an excellent idea!

Why don't we wait until the final game is released and see if those models are Bungie-made or not?

Isn't that the best idea or what??!!!!!111:woop:

Now lets end this mind-less argument over nothing.

Zeph
July 17th, 2007, 07:14 PM
I really didn't think a literalist approach of all things would be taken... but far be it from me to question how goddamn stupid you can get.

If you're seriously asking for proof that they're from the beta at this point... holy christ. Desperation, meet Zeph.

Oh wonderful. Some kids post a news article showing four things they claim is from the beta. The beta was two months ago and not everyone sliced it open to see what was inside. You're suggesting I should believe without a doubt in my mind, why? Oh, that's right, you cant answer because you've been acting like an ass and have accumulated too many warnings. If you're going to go around acting like you're correct without providing the simplest means of proof, it wouldn't cause a stir to add a few years onto your temp-ban.

Atty
July 17th, 2007, 07:59 PM
If you're going to go around acting like you're correct without providing the simplest means of proof, it wouldn't cause a stir to add a few years onto your temp-ban.

While I'm not Veegie nor am I sure if he has said anything to this effect I think he might say something like this:

It isn't my fault that you're too self-sheltered to read nearly every halo related news website other than Bungie... text strings, tag structures, tag references have been an abundance. Is it my fault that you're doing such idiotic things to yourself? Not at all. I'm not responsible in any way shape or form for your ignorance. But hey, it's pretty easy to win a debate(if you could even call it that at this point) when the opposition can't respond. Woop woop, maturity alert!

Also, if you still want to pleed ignorance, here's as much proof as your uncomprehensive mind needs.
http://veegie.yayap.com/Model
"o w8 ITZ STILL PHAKE"
Not is isn't, tool.
Open deadlock.map, go to 4F2E200 and look at BDD3A worth of a data block from there.
"o but u didnt mention da excatavator dat wuz fan made!!!"
No not really. Go to 679800 in Snowbound.map and select 126C6 sized data chunk from that point.

Maybe numeric values can penetrate your wall of arrogance better than factual statements comprised of words can.

DaneO'Roo
July 17th, 2007, 08:04 PM
^win

really Zeph, banning someone and yelling at them so they can't defend themselves is pretty ignorant. Veegie was correcting everyone, and has facts and evidence to support his claim and he gets banned for it.

Am I going to be banned for this post? What happens if someone - reps you.

Roostervier
July 17th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Tbqh, I don't think Veegie really deserved that. He was right and no one was listening, I'd start acting like a jack ass too. There is really no other way to get an idea through someone else's head today.

Also, I don't think he was being that bad >_>

Zeph
July 17th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Dano, I didn't ban him, the warning system did. PMs work when banned, you know and he could have easily IM'd me about it. He might have facts and evidence to support his claims, but he failed to post them before the bit of disrespect that locked him out.

Anyways, no, I dont spend my every waking moment scouring for bits and pieces of things I can only speculate on. I actually find it sad that some people do that.

TheGhost
July 17th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Okay, we'll deal with this behind the scenes.

Locked.