PDA

View Full Version : Tool is being a tool

Tarzan
July 15th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Tool has decided it's not going to make me a debug for the lightmaps command. It claims there are UVW errors, and it was writing them to a debug file with the same name as my map file. And now it's not. On top of that, the ORIGINAL debug file is gone... :eek:

Any ideas?

Bastinka
July 15th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Re-run the command and in your .max of the map, import debug.wrl and see where the blue faces are. Re-UV those faces.

Tarzan
July 15th, 2007, 11:19 AM
hmmm - the errors that show up from that file don't really make sense... but o well. optimize should do the trick.

BTW - I thought lightmaps wrote to the same debug as structure, no?

DaaxGhost
July 15th, 2007, 11:28 AM
I'm not sure. But i think it does.

kenney001
July 15th, 2007, 02:05 PM
no. Lightmaps writes to debug.wrl, while everything else writes to (mapname).wrl
as for them not showing up, i was hoping Daax could answer. Its something to do with vista security and user accounts.....I havent completely figured out the way it works in vista, because i use XP most of the time.

Bastinka
July 15th, 2007, 03:11 PM
hmmm - the errors that show up from that file don't really make sense... but o well. optimize should do the trick.

BTW - I thought lightmaps wrote to the same debug as structure, no?
Optimize completely makes a mess of your model, but if you think it's right then go ahead. Optimize also screws up UV's and can screw up areas you don't want being touched.

Mass
July 15th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Well, you could always not select the areas you don't want to be changed....

Con
July 15th, 2007, 04:13 PM
no. Lightmaps writes to debug.wrl, while everything else writes to (mapname).wrl
as for them not showing up, i was hoping Daax could answer. Its something to do with vista security and user accounts.....I havent completely figured out the way it works in vista, because i use XP most of the time.
You have to turn off User Account Control in the Control Panel.

Tarzan
July 15th, 2007, 09:05 PM
"k - the debug.wrl showed the errors I needed to fix. They were a result of a noise modifier I used. However, since the part that was messed up was the top of some cliffs... I didn't give a rat's a$$ if optimize screwed my faces around. Long story short - I fixed it, thanks for help, and you can't see the area optimize made ugly unless you use (cheat_super_jump) - lol