PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Halo 3 E3 Trailer Analysis

keilg2
July 15th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Ok, guys here you go. It is an analysis of the 2007 E3 Halo 3 trailer, a MUST SEE

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3652909542250933970&q=e3+trailer+halo+3+analysis&total=3&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Zeph
July 15th, 2007, 11:34 AM
That's not Sargent Johnson.

edit: Also, that sounds nothing like Truth, Mercy, or even Regret.

keilg2
July 15th, 2007, 11:35 AM
:cool:hay, it looks like him lol;) its kinda hard to tell because the graphics and the game engine have been changed and he probably will look a little different then he was in H2

edit: well, they probly changed voices around like they did with a lot of other things such as the graphics.

Zeph
July 15th, 2007, 11:57 AM
That's a white guy who gets brute kicked. He's tanned well, but he's white. Either that, or half-black-half-white. With the lighting, I still lean towars white. Seeing how Truth's voice came from the writer's brother, if memory serves, I doubt they'll change his voice. Besides, I'd be wondering what the fuck they're thinking if they didn't put something about sequel voice actor work in their halo 2 contract.

keilg2
July 15th, 2007, 12:14 PM
That's a white guy who gets brute kicked. He's tanned well, but he's white. Either that, or half-black-half-white. With the lighting, I still lean towars white. Seeing how Truth's voice came from the writer's brother, if memory serves, I doubt they'll change his voice. Besides, I'd be wondering what the fuck they're thinking if they didn't put something about sequel voice actor work in their halo 2 contract.

well the prophets in halo 2 where poorly done. specifically the voices, a lot of things were completely re-done from scratch in halo 3 (e.g. the brutes:p) and again it is hard to tell on a you-tube vid because of the low pixes which make it, yea... :suicide:

so again everything was re-done including the prophets.

Skiiran
July 15th, 2007, 12:44 PM
You don't know this. The voice sounds much closer to either a Brute or an Elite, as well, and since we're fairly certain that the Prophets went to Earth to find the Ark, and the voice stated that their world would BURN (which, might I add, is counter-intuitive to finding something), that nearly eliminates the chance it's a prophet.

You also can't kill Sgt. Johnson. Since the guy the Brute kicked is, I assume, DEAD, that rules out the possibility of it being Johnson. That's also like saying Johnson is the only African American Marine, which would be foolish.

Masterz1337
July 15th, 2007, 03:53 PM
well the prophets in halo 2 where poorly done. specifically the voices, a lot of things were completely re-done from scratch in halo 3 (e.g. the brutes:p) and again it is hard to tell on a you-tube vid because of the low pixes which make it, yea... :suicide:

so again everything was re-done including the prophets.
What are you talking about? The vid is in 720p, an the prophets were great in h2. Awsome voice acting as well.

Stealth
July 15th, 2007, 04:04 PM
MrG93-6AbtI
if it is a YouTube video use the YouTube tags. Kthanks
And in reply to Zeph's post it might be truth or some one else, but I have a feeling that it is truth. and maybe that guy getting kicked by the brute was asian? or maybe from mexico or something.

teh lag
July 15th, 2007, 04:11 PM
or maybe from mexieo or something.

....Where? :raise:

E isn't... even remotely close to c...

Elite Killa
July 15th, 2007, 04:14 PM
I'm guessing the narrating voice in the beginning of the trailer could be the new main brute chieftain (like Tartarus, for example). He also forgot to mention that one of the brutes were wielding a blue plasma rifle. He even paused at the exact moment.

Stealth
July 15th, 2007, 04:18 PM
I'm guessing the narrating voice in the beginning of the trailer could be the new main brute chieftain (like Tartarus, for example).
but it doesn't sound brute like.

Zeph
July 15th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Mannerisms put the voice at the beginning to be a brute.

AAA
July 15th, 2007, 05:40 PM
at the end of the video. it reminds me kinda of the end of Halo 1....Master chief is looking down at a platform that seems to be projecting something. and looks down and gives that movement to it like "omg, this is impossible." So, Idk...kinda wanted to throw that out there. i think theres no complete information to prove thatt, but for some reason.......I think the world's going to end...and maybe they'll have another secret ending after Legendary that the world won't end....mb? (those varieties of endings would suck but it's a couple thoughts)

TeeKup
July 15th, 2007, 05:52 PM
The Marine Sergent that got kicked was Sgt. Stacker, I like him cause he's funny.

The voice puzzles me, it can't be an elite because they formed a loose alliance with humanity. Only time will tell.

Digikid
July 15th, 2007, 06:20 PM
but it is not course enough to be a brute.

Boba
July 15th, 2007, 06:30 PM
I'm guessing the narrating voice in the beginning of the trailer could be the new main brute chieftain (like Tartarus, for example). He also forgot to mention that one of the brutes were wielding a blue plasma rifle. He even paused at the exact moment.
Picture?

Elite Killa
July 15th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Picture?
When you watch the trailer analysis and when it reaches 4:39, there's your picture, buddy.

Skiiran
July 15th, 2007, 07:33 PM
but it is not course enough to be a brute.
Compared to Halo 1, The Arbiter's voice isn't coarse enough to be an Elite, either. What's your point?

Elite Killa
July 15th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Compared to Halo 1, The Arbiter's voice isn't coarse enough to be an Elite, either. What's your point?
When was the Arbiter in Halo 1?:hist101:

Skiiran
July 15th, 2007, 08:02 PM
When was the Arbiter in Halo 1?:hist101:
He wasn't... What does that have to do with anything?

I'm sorry, I worded that wrongly. I meant to say compared to the elites' voices from Halo 1, The Arbiter's initially sounded too not-gruff-enough to be an elite voice.

Hotrod
July 16th, 2007, 10:04 AM
The video doesn't work for me. What kind of stuff is there in the video?

Roostervier
July 16th, 2007, 10:23 AM
The trailer and a guy saying what he thinks about it, while occasionally stopping the video to point out a few things in the background.

Hotrod
July 16th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Such as what?

thehoodedsmack
July 16th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Such as "Johnson" being kicked by a Brute. Though nothing has confirmed it to be Johnson. Also the Prophet hologram, 343GS "projecting Cortana's image", though again, nothing has confirmed that he's projecting it. And several other things that can't really count as an analysis, but more as what the speaker thinks.

Elite Killa
July 16th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Such as those holographic machines showing the Prophet of Truth like the ones in halo 2 showing the Prophet of Regret. There's a new grenade type that looks like a flash grenade. Then there's just some other random stuff he says. He makes a lot of errors too. For example, at the beginning, he says that the voice narrating in the beginning of the trailer sounds like the Prophet of Truth, even though it sounds nothing like him. He also says that the human fighting the Brute Captain (red armor) is Sergeant Johnson, because he looks "black", but is really Sergeant Stacker.

Stealth
July 16th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Such as those holographic machines showing the Prophet of Truth like the ones in halo 2 showing the Prophet of Regret. There's a new grenade type that looks like a flash grenade. Then there's just some other random stuff he says. He makes a lot of errors too. For example, at the beginning, he says that the voice narrating in the beginning of the trailer sounds like the Prophet of Truth, even though it sounds nothing like him. He also says that the human fighting the Brute Captain (red armor) is Sergeant Johnson, because he looks "black", but is really Sergeant Stacker.
read below.

edit: well, they probly changed voices around like they did with a lot of other things such as the graphics.
for now, we don't know who's voice it is, and for now I'm thinking it is truth's voice, cause you may not of thought of this, but what if the translator(SP?) in Halo 2 removed the acent(SP?) of thruth which you can clearly hear in the video. and here is one more idea, some times when people are mad, their voice changes and you can pick up more of their acent, in Halo 2 Truth was clam, and wasn't yelling much.

TeeKup
July 16th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Such as "Johnson" being kicked by a Brute. Though nothing has confirmed it to be Johnson. Also the Prophet hologram, 343GS "projecting Cortana's image", though again, nothing has confirmed that he's projecting it. And several other things that can't really count as an analysis, but more as what the speaker thinks.

I just said it was Sgt Stacker....

thehoodedsmack
July 16th, 2007, 08:51 PM
I just said it was Sgt Stacker....

Great. I said it wasn't Johnson. Why are we arguing?

Archon23
July 16th, 2007, 09:04 PM
You know that might not even be Stacker but just another sarge. I mean I don't remember seeing the scar on his eye in the trailer. I'm gonna have to look more closely.

ExAm
July 16th, 2007, 09:26 PM
but it is not course enough to be a brute.It's likely a brute, and judging by the context it's being said in, probably the newest Brute chieftan, as has been said. It's most logical, since the Elites, or most of them, have sided with the Humans against a common enemy. An elite wouldn't be likely to be talking, especially since they were cast down in the ranks as the Brutes replaced them. They wouldn't be giving these charismatic speeches against those who hate those they hate.

DaneO'Roo
July 16th, 2007, 09:30 PM
wtf, some people are stupid. As soon as I heard the E3 trailer, I knew that voice at the start was a brute within a milisecond of hearing it. It is in NO way a prophet. It sounds more like a brute chieftan.

AAA
July 16th, 2007, 10:09 PM
dudes....idiots. i think it's that monster Master chief and the Arbiter incountered in the chamber and who Cortana is being held captive with right now. Sounds about right, right?

Archon23
July 16th, 2007, 10:12 PM
So in other words you think its the Gravemind?

Edit cause I forgot this part:That doesn't make sense. For one thing the voice in the trailer is COMPLETELY different. Not to mention the Gravemind talks slower and in rhyme.

It's obviously a Brute.

AAA
July 16th, 2007, 10:13 PM
So in other words you think its the gravemind?

precisley

itszutak
July 17th, 2007, 12:21 AM
precisley
I have some bad news...

You are, legally speaking, deaf.

Ki11a_FTW
July 18th, 2007, 11:00 AM
The Marine getting trashed in the beggining of the trailer does not look like Johnson, but to me he acts like him, punching a brute, pssht that will never work. And i always though the beggining were the voice was talking was the Arbitor, thats the closest i can related to.

It also sounds much much like an elites accent.

Zeph
July 18th, 2007, 11:11 AM
If you're going to 'relate' the voice to something else, why dont you listen to it first and save yourself the trouble.

Ki11a_FTW
July 18th, 2007, 11:23 AM
i was listening to it like 5 times before i posted my opinion Zeph.

Btw i love your avatar

Reaper Man
July 18th, 2007, 11:37 AM
BAHAH the guy who's giving the analysis has such an effeminate voice.

Halo2Vista
July 18th, 2007, 02:26 PM
That's not Sargent Johnson.

edit: Also, that sounds nothing like Truth, Mercy, or even Regret.

if you follow the game in h2v you kill regret and mercy dies with the covenant city and truth ran like a little bitch with the icon.

so definently truth or a brute leader, or even GRAVEMIND.

ExAm
July 18th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Not Truth, voice is different, not the Gravemind, for the same reason, not an elite, for reasons I've explained already, so it's definitely a brute. Why do some people still not see this?

Ki11a_FTW
July 18th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Why not an elite?

Archon23
July 18th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Yes the Elites would surely say that our planet is turning to glass after the Brutes slaughtered their entire political party.

Besides that doesn't sound like an elite at all.

Roostervier
July 18th, 2007, 03:38 PM
When I watched the trailer for the first time, I thought it was a brute right off the bat. How can you debate this? It sounds nothing like anyone or anything else.

DaneO'Roo
July 18th, 2007, 03:42 PM
When I watched the trailer for the first time, I thought it was a brute right off the bat. How can you debate this? It sounds nothing like anyone or anything else.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:P timo
tbh

Ki11a_FTW
July 18th, 2007, 03:46 PM
crap wtf my edit didnt show up, ill tell you later

paladin
July 25th, 2007, 10:34 AM
That actually wasnt that good of an analysis.

Warsaw
July 25th, 2007, 08:16 PM
If it is indeed a Brute, then it is one geezer of a Brute.

Skiiran
July 26th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Tartarus was, like, OLD. It's not that much of a stretch to assume the new chieftain would be old as well.

Warsaw
July 26th, 2007, 01:02 AM
He didn't sound like that though. Big discrepancy. This guy sounds semi-feeble, like he could barely even lift a gravity hammer.

keilg2
July 27th, 2007, 11:58 AM
That actually wasnt that good of an analysis.

hay i didnt make it, i just found it. And if anyone can tell me how to record my voice onto a vid like that i will make one "better".

BTW: that vid left A LOT of stuff out!

Hotrod
July 27th, 2007, 08:36 PM
He didn't sound like that though. Big discrepancy. This guy sounds semi-feeble, like he could barely even lift a gravity hammer.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. I show people a Brute's voice and then I shoe them that voice and they still say "no, it's a Brute" even though you can clearly see that it's not. I think that they just changed Truth's voice in Halo 3 just like they did with Miranda Keyes.

Warsaw
July 28th, 2007, 12:44 AM
The other thing to note is that the voice in the video has the overtones placed on it that Truth's voice had.

keilg2
July 28th, 2007, 12:37 PM
That's exactly what I'm thinking. I show people a Brute's voice and then I shoe them that voice and they still say "no, it's a Brute" even though you can clearly see that it's not. I think that they just changed Truth's voice in Halo 3 just like they did with Miranda Keyes.
thats what i said but no one listens :(

ExAm
July 28th, 2007, 02:26 PM
I still think that it sounds much more like something a Brute would say. The voice is too deep.

Warsaw
July 28th, 2007, 03:16 PM
The voice is not deep at all. Tartarus's voice was deep. This sounds closer to Truth than any Brute.

ExAm
July 28th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Not what I think after comparing Truth to the voice in the trailer for myself.

Archon23
July 28th, 2007, 05:16 PM
The voice in the trailer is too deep for Truth in my opinion.

Hotrod
July 28th, 2007, 06:13 PM

As I said, they could have changed the voice since Halo 2. Also, the voice in the trailer isn't rough enough to be a Brute.

Warsaw
July 28th, 2007, 08:49 PM

But nowhere near deep enough for a Brute.

ExAm
July 28th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Don't base your view of Brutes' voices on Tartarus alone. I've heard brutes that sound like this before, more or less. Besides, not every brute has the same voice.

Archon23
July 28th, 2007, 11:14 PM
And the voice in the trailer has that kind "rasp" or whatever you call it common in brute voices.

Con
July 28th, 2007, 11:44 PM
I think it's a brute, IMO the prophets don't speak like that.

DaneO'Roo
July 29th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Durh people, it's a Brute!!!!!! The prophets were EXTREMELY British, and didn't sound much like a "faked demon voice". The prophets had stereotypical upper class british accents, with no grunt or rasp... This sounds like a brute.

Warsaw
July 29th, 2007, 12:42 AM
And Brutes are extremely Brutish and don't have Scottish accents. Listen to the tone and pitch of the voice for crying out loud, and stop trying to convince yourself otherwise.

ExAm
July 29th, 2007, 01:31 AM
I'm sorry, but why don't you listen? We've all done comparisons for ourselves, and have made up our minds! Don't try to convince us otherwise! I've explained already why it couldn't be Truth, and I've given a highly probable reason for the slight difference between this voice and other brutes' voices. Scottish!? What!? I have a high degree of respect for you, but I have a hard time understanding how you could think that is a Scottish accent. Trust me, I've played with Scots before online, and I couldn't understand one word they were saying, their accents were so thick. Sean Connery is among the more soft-accented of Scots, and even he sounds 100% more Scottish than the voice in the trailer. I can imagine you might think the accent to be Scottish (ish) from the way he pronounces the word "glass", but nothing more suggests "LOLSCOTTISH!!!" to me.

Warsaw
July 29th, 2007, 01:58 AM
Doesn't have to be thick to be Scottish. I know of no other accent that would pronounce the word "glass" in the same fashion.

To be honest, I am getting sick of this argument. Every reason on every side has been stated more than ten times I'm sure, so we might as well have every thread pertaining to the matter locked, because they are not going to get anywhere.

ExAm
July 29th, 2007, 02:23 AM
Doesn't have to be thick to be Scottish. I know of now other accent that would pronounce the word "glass" in the same fashion.

To be honest, I am getting sick of this argument. Every reason on every side has been stated more than ten times I'm sure, so we might as well have every thread pertaining to the matter locked, because they are not going to get anywhere.I heartily agree :)

Archon23
July 29th, 2007, 02:27 AM
And honestly. I don't see the entire point in this argument anyway. It might be Truth saying it, it might be a Brute. Either way its a bad guy telling us that its hopeless for the human race and we need to prove them wrong by kicking some serious covenant ass.

Pooky
July 29th, 2007, 03:19 AM
Doesn't have to be thick to be Scottish. I know of now other accent that would pronounce the word "glass" in the same fashion.

To be honest, I am getting sick of this argument. Every reason on every side has been stated more than ten times I'm sure, so we might as well have every thread pertaining to the matter locked, because they are not going to get anywhere.

some parts of France, I think. I agree however.

keilg2
July 29th, 2007, 01:02 PM
well it would make sense that it was the prophet of truth with a new voice makeover.

Archon23
July 29th, 2007, 01:12 PM
I'm going to say this again: Who cares who's voice it is? If I get to blow covenant to all hell I'm happy.

Hotrod
July 29th, 2007, 05:06 PM
I'm going to say this again: Who cares who's voice it is? If I get to blow covenant to all hell I'm happy.

I agree, and I think this thread should be left to die, or be locked.

Skiiran
July 29th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Guys.

It could be a Sharquoi.

Hotrod
July 29th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Guys.

It could be a Sharquoi.

I'm pretty sure that Sharquois are Drinols, and they don't look very smart to me.

Skiiran
July 29th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Well, they can supposedly be infected by the Flood, meaning that they're most likely sentient. It's possible some of them could talk.

keilg2
July 31st, 2007, 01:45 PM
Guys.

It could be a Sharquoi.

whats a Sharquoi?

Archon23
July 31st, 2007, 01:46 PM
The Drinol. Or thats what most people assume. We do know however that it is a covenant race or should be a covenant race.

keilg2
July 31st, 2007, 01:46 PM
oh lol

keilg2
July 31st, 2007, 01:47 PM
edit: i lagged and it posted twice sorry, just delete this post.

m13120
August 6th, 2007, 06:41 AM
I can't help but laugh at you all, except for those who think this argument is stupid. You all are trying to convince each other to think, basically it's:
"STFU WAT U THINK IS WRONG WAT I THINK IS RIGHT"

We all have our own opinions and views of things, the voice in the video being one of them. If someone thinks it's a prophet, and you think it's a brute, you can each believe what you want, but you shouldn't go around trying to make people believe in what you believe. Respect each other's opinions.
Seriously, you guys sound like my Dad's friend when he argues about politics, it's sickening.

And yes I know this thread is about a week old, but I also wish to state what I think about the analysis. It was poorly done in some ways and pointed out things we could see for ourselves.

And :XD: @ speaker when talking about Miranda.

Rosco
August 6th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Forums were invented for it, don't give lectures on what people already know.

ImSpartacus
August 10th, 2007, 06:02 PM

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l155/andrewgaynor/sgtJ.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/VickSr/johnson.jpg

prolly already seen these, but its johnson, unless he has a twin

ExAm
August 10th, 2007, 08:06 PM
That guy's still not black. He's someone else.