PDA

View Full Version : could someone explain the BR burst process?

kenney001
July 15th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Yeah I have been looking and playing with the heat/charging properties, and i cant seem to find out why what happens, happens. Its all very confusing, so Could someone please explain what the different Heat/Charging fields do in terms of a BR burst? Like explain the process that causes the gun to overcharge only 3 times in a given time and then overcharge for a given time....that sort of thing.

FRain
July 15th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Look in the GBX forums. IIRC, there was a post about it.

Also, I know of two different ways. The one at GBX gives you 2 and 4 burst shots VERY often.

CtrlAltDestroy
July 15th, 2007, 09:04 PM
The most commonly used method is charging:

The charging time should be something low (0.001), so it always "finishes" charging right after the trigger is pulled.

The spew time should be set to a certain amount of time (in seconds) that only allows 3 shots to be fired off. (~0.145)

You should also check "does not repeat automatically" and set the rate of fire to the time between bursts.

kenney001
July 15th, 2007, 09:08 PM
ok that makes sense. But what does heat recovery threshhold, overheated threshold, and heat loss per second have to do with it?

CtrlAltDestroy
July 15th, 2007, 09:13 PM
nothing

kenney001
July 15th, 2007, 09:20 PM
ok thanks. The tags i was using had all the heat things with numbers and i was playing with them, and it would change my burst's ROF and all, but it was quite...random..the results. This simplify's alot. Thanks.