PDA

View Full Version : Tiamat's Coldsnap Pelican tags

MNC
July 16th, 2007, 02:17 AM
I was wondering if Tiamat released his coldsnap pelican tags. I know of the npelican from Hugeass. I'd like to use it in future releases. I could just rip them, but I want permission of some sort to use it in public releases.

Con
July 16th, 2007, 11:01 AM
I don't know, but good on ya for wanting permission. It didn't stop half the shitty mods on halomaps, though :smith:

Elite Killa
July 16th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Here's a script maker I found on Halomaps that lets you do something similar to the Pelican on coldsnap.

Pelican pickup script maker version 1 (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=2889)

MNC
July 16th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Egh, I'm not interested in syncing pelican pickup. Besides, I don't need more than objects_attach since I mostly do campaign.

No, I'm more interested in the pelican because of the chaingun in the back.

ExAm
July 16th, 2007, 08:18 PM
I'm not really fond of the detached camera. I find it's harder to steer with the way he did it.

Flyboy
July 16th, 2007, 09:06 PM
It's not harder to steer, just harder to go back down because the hog/tang/ghost will fall slower than the pelican, causing a "Bounce effect." It's a pain in the ass for me seeing as the pelican is the only reason I play that map.

ExAm
July 16th, 2007, 09:35 PM
That's not what i'm talking about. The detached camera makes it harder for me to steer, no matter whether I'm carrying a vehicle or not.

TeeKup
July 17th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Tiamat is in college or having fun outside right now. The chances of him releasing the tags are slim. :/

Amit
July 17th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Hasn't he already released it as N-Pelican on HaloMaps?

p0lar_bear
July 17th, 2007, 12:32 PM
That's the Hugeass pelican, which is just a pelican with a cockpit.

Amit
July 17th, 2007, 03:47 PM
O right, wait wtf? How didn't i see that he already mentioned n pelican in his first post.

ExAm
July 17th, 2007, 05:05 PM
That's the Hugeass pelican, which is just a pelican with a cockpit.
And rocket pods, and a machine gun.

p0lar_bear
July 17th, 2007, 10:53 PM
And rocket pods, and a machine gun.

Oh yeah... :saddowns:

Amit
July 18th, 2007, 09:56 AM
LOL, I can't believe i forgot again, I look like a retard. Remember in Coldsnap when Tiamat was able to get the pelican to pick up vehicles at those Landingpads, I wish he would make more maps like that, just not as big.

MNC
July 22nd, 2007, 05:00 PM
So, would you guys have any trouble with me releasing something with his tags? Ofcourse credit where credit is due.

p0lar_bear
July 22nd, 2007, 10:58 PM
Personally, I don't. Once upon a time, I might have, but e-policing ripped tags being used in other maps is as wasteful as trying to prove a moot point; feels good, but is a complete waste of time.

While it is always better to contact the creator ahead of time, sometimes that's not possible. Just make sure that whatever you're using WORKS 110% and isn't for a stupid cause (like ripping the longsword tags to make a longsword nuke map).

However, this is my own point of view; other people may not agree with me. I speak for myself and only myself.