PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Blitzkrieg :(

sickpimpin
July 16th, 2007, 06:37 PM
okay im trying to add the blitzkrieg.dle to the 3ds Max Plugins folder so i can export>save as>blitzkrieg... (or thats what the guide says; under 'creating a developement environment') (http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/hek_tutorial/)

so i copied the blitzkrieg.dle and pasted it into the Plugins folder but when i start 3ds Max it says "error: could not load blitzkrieg.dle"

can anyone help me? the .dle is in a folder under '3ds Max 5' and i have the trial for 3ds Max 9, could that be the problem?

any help would be greatly appreciated :)

teh lag
July 16th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Unfortunately, Blitzkrieg does not work with 3ds9. However, BlueStreak, an exporting script made by TheGhost, does - seach around for it.

sickpimpin
July 16th, 2007, 06:48 PM
k, thanks.

sickpimpin
July 16th, 2007, 06:59 PM
hey, how do you download bluestreak? it says "Download v1.0.1 of the script here" but then it just shows a bunch of text (im assuming html or some other code), and i dont know what to do with it... any help?

teh lag
July 16th, 2007, 07:08 PM
You save the 1.0.1 file as a .ms, and run it from 3ds' MaxScript.

sickpimpin
July 16th, 2007, 07:10 PM
okay well how do i do that? copy all the text then open it with something to save as?

oh wait, it saved it as a max file and the icon says ms, so i'll try to open it.

teh lag
July 16th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Where it says "download the script here," you right-click and save target as. Save it in a location that you can remember as a .ms file.

sickpimpin
July 16th, 2007, 07:18 PM
okay now how do i know if i got it set up right? should it give me different export options?

i opened it from MAXScript inside 3ds Max but i had to search for 'all file types' to find it. then i saved it under Max's Script folder. is that what i was supposed to do? or should i leave it open?

Roostervier
July 16th, 2007, 07:22 PM
You are making this overly complicated. Right-click, Save As, save it to your 3ds max scripts folder, open max, hit the tab that looks like a hammer, click on max script, hit run script, click the JMS exporter script, and export it.

sickpimpin
July 16th, 2007, 07:26 PM
okay so thats what i do when im ready to export each time?

thanks a lot you guys, i had no idea what i was doing :)

legionaire45
July 16th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Imma threadjack your ass =P.

I've been using Ghost's JMS script with Max 8 and 9 and in both cases all the geometry I export with it has literally thousands of errors, usually degenerate triangles. I have tried exporting literally a box and it still barfs out errors and writes nothing to my debug log. My wrl file points out that anywhere there is a triangle that shares an edge with another triangle there is an error. rawr.