PDA

View Full Version : Biped/Character Tags and Relevant AI

Reiper
July 17th, 2007, 01:54 AM
I have encountered a problem with a pack of tags that I downloaded and since I am unsure if it is courteous to mention which one, I won't. My problem is that at least half of these actor and actor_varient tags don't work due to other missing tags, such as the hunter actor missing its fuel rod gun tags. Can anyone suggest a method to correct this, or where I can download another complete pack of biped tags (I heard that the one created by TheGhost was good, but I have been unable to locate it). Appreciate any help.

Bastinka
July 17th, 2007, 02:11 AM
Get HEK+ and just pick any Halo singleplayer map with hunters in them, and extract the hunter folder and mace sure to check Rec.

Reiper
July 19th, 2007, 05:58 AM
Thanks for telling me about HEK+. It solved that problem. Concerning specific AI behavior, my bots tend not to run to their destinations. Is there a way to get them to "hurry"?

MNC
July 19th, 2007, 06:10 AM
Depends on what you mean with destinations. Do you have a command list running that? If so, be sure that manual bsp index is checked, and allow initiative disabled.

Reiper
July 19th, 2007, 06:26 AM
I'm not using a command list, but I'm using move positions. My problem is this: For example, I have a cyborg bot with a flamethrower who runs towards his move position, but the cyborg bot using an assault rifle walks towards the same position. Both actor_varient files are identical except the weapon used. I have similar problems with others such as the Covenant bots. In this case, only the hunters rush toward the assigned position while the rest of the group walk slowly. The strange thing is, the first time I inputted the new actor_varients in, the hunters didn't far from their spawn points, but when I reopened Sapien, they settled into their hyperactive movement state with no change to any tag files whatsoever. I have tried restarting Sapien multiple times to no avail. Please advise.

MNC
July 19th, 2007, 07:13 AM
Do the squads have the right moving position state? I don't know what it's called exactly, but it's below the name and actor_variant.

If you messed around with the actor_variant, you should keep it to 1 variant in Sapien, and restart when you changed something. AFAIK it doesn't work while running Sapien.

Reiper
July 19th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but what is AFAIK?

MNC
July 19th, 2007, 07:46 AM
As Far As I Know.

Reiper
July 24th, 2007, 07:10 AM
I have another AI question. I am curious about 3d firing positions, as it makes itself known when using AI to drive vehicles. Feel free to contribute any relevant information.

MNC
July 24th, 2007, 10:24 AM
3d firing positions are for flying AI. Because you can only make AI drive vehicles by checking the AI flying, it thinks the Warthog is a banshee.

So, they're just the same as normal firing positions, only they now use the z coordinates of them too.

Reiper
July 25th, 2007, 03:04 AM
Can I mostly disregard the messages that appear concerning a flying AI in a non 3d firing position and others similar, or should I do something to prevent the errors?