PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] New weapon?

Hotrod
July 17th, 2007, 09:21 AM
I was looking at one of the Halo 3 pictures and I noticed that one of the Spartans was holding a new weapon.

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/3641/spartanvarients2ob0.jpg

And a close up view of it

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/9734/untitledoy6.png

It reminds me of the MA5k or a Battle rifle without a scope. It could be anything.

Hunter
July 17th, 2007, 10:13 AM
it luks a bit like CMT's new AR kid of weapon, forgot what kid of weapon it is.

Stormwing
July 17th, 2007, 10:15 AM
yeah. MA5k.

sure, it's possible, but considering we only see half and besides the scope it could very well be a Battle Rifle. (even the best artists forget little details!)

Hotrod
July 17th, 2007, 10:19 AM
yeah. MA5k.

sure, it's possible, but considering we only see half and besides the scope it could very well be a Battle Rifle. (even the best artists forget little details!)

Still, I'm sure the artists wouldn't forget something like that. It's more than a little detail.

Stormwing
July 17th, 2007, 10:34 AM
It's just a scope. It's a pretty stylized piece (at least the stuff in the background is), so I wouldn't be surprised...I mean, look at that hog? is that a hog? barely!

and as an example...I saw an amazingly realistic rendering of two F-18s on a forum once. the second one had no tail wings.

I had to remind the guy to add them in after 15 or so other posts. :p

Veegie
July 17th, 2007, 03:05 PM
The GamePro cover hid the Ninja permutation with the portable turret in his hands, until Bungie re-released the unchanged picture on Bungie.net after they announced permutations officially on their website.

If that wasn't a BR, I'm almost positive that it would be completely concealed, much like their previous patterns.

Elite Killa
July 17th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Hasn't anyone noticed yet that the Blue Spartan in the front of the cover is holding his energy sword in his left hand? Just wanted to throw that in there.

I'm not so sure if this "new weapon" is a new weapon at all. As Stormwing said, it's a drawing. I would speculate that to be a new weapon if that was a screenshot taken ingame. It could just be a Battle Rifle with the scope hidden behind the blue spartan's thigh. Or the illustrator just forgot to throw in the detail.

Choking Victim
July 17th, 2007, 07:46 PM
it luks a bit like CMT's new AR kid of weapon, forgot what kid of weapon it is.
How can you mispell kind twice? and luks? is this a joke? Anyway, that's probably just a battle rifle, ive noticed when most artists draw, distant things tend to lack detail. Take a look at the Warthog in the background.

Syuusuke
July 17th, 2007, 10:03 PM
What warthog...

Oh that warthog =P

Dole
July 17th, 2007, 11:55 PM
It could just be a Battle Rifle with the scope hidden behind the blue spartan's thigh.
The BR's scope is at the back of the rail.

Pr3dator
July 18th, 2007, 08:14 AM
This is a drwing and could be a mistake :D

Huero
July 18th, 2007, 09:01 PM
sfsdfsfsd bastard
I was about to post this >:U

ImSpartacus
July 19th, 2007, 09:29 AM
That hog looks fucked up. It's like a minivan-dunebuggy love child with a turret on the back.

Reclaimer
July 19th, 2007, 01:08 PM
That hog looks fucked up. It's like a minivan-dunebuggy love child with a turret on the back.

Aggred, it looks kinda like a G.I joe jeep with A-team van

Berkut
July 20th, 2007, 08:40 AM
It's a piece of art. While it may hold some vague clues as to what's in store, simply assuming that just because something is in the painting it'll be useable ingame is plain stupid.

ShadowCloud
July 20th, 2007, 11:31 AM
It's just a scope. It's a pretty stylized piece (at least the stuff in the background is), so I wouldn't be surprised...I mean, look at that hog? is that a hog? barely!

and as an example...I saw an amazingly realistic rendering of two F-18s on a forum once. the second one had no tail wings.

I had to remind the guy to add them in after 15 or so other posts. :p
Yeah, i agree with you it does look like battle rifle, some artist do forget details.

Hotrod
July 20th, 2007, 12:05 PM
It's a piece of art. While it may hold some vague clues as to what's in store, simply assuming that just because something is in the painting it'll be useable ingame is plain stupid.

I just created the thread to see what people thought about the picture, and say my opinion on it. I never said that it was definatly something new. We will only know the truth when the game comes out.

xtremestunt
July 22nd, 2007, 04:04 PM
its a BR, cuz the battle rifle's scope is more in the front in halo 3 but it looks kinda like a FAMAS:eyesroll::XD:

Archon23
July 22nd, 2007, 04:37 PM
O RLY?

http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/5224/orlyay9.png

Huero
July 22nd, 2007, 04:43 PM
Either it's a mistake or a new weapon.
You guys can't just go
"ITS NOT A NEW WEAPON"
When you don't know that it isn't. :I

Hotrod
July 22nd, 2007, 06:16 PM
Exactly. As I said before, we'll only find out if it's a new weapon or not once the game gets released.

Boba
July 22nd, 2007, 11:06 PM
I was looking at one of the Halo 3 pictures and I noticed that one of the Spartans was holding a new weapon.

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/3641/spartanvarients2ob0.jpg

And a close up view of it

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/9734/untitledoy6.png

It reminds me of the MA5k or a Battle rifle without a scope. It could be anything.
It's a Human Carbine. It only appears in certain maps, like Valhalla. It's in EGM.

et_cg
July 22nd, 2007, 11:49 PM
Well, simple:

Why do humans need three rifles types in Halo 3, when covies have two?

Warsaw
July 23rd, 2007, 12:39 AM
Why does Halo 3 have so many weapons with overlapping functions? Seems pointless to me.

Bad Waffle
July 23rd, 2007, 12:48 AM
because THEY CAN, GOD DAMMIT.

Warsaw
July 23rd, 2007, 01:00 AM
It actually takes away from the game. You are never at a loss, because your Covenant foes will always have an analogous weapon to your human one, and if there is no Covenant weapon around, there will be a human one of almost the same general effectiveness somewhere for you to fall back on.
It makes the game too easy.

Dole
July 23rd, 2007, 01:31 AM
It's a Human Carbine. It only appears in certain maps, like Valhalla. It's in EGM.
So essentially it's an MA5K like he suggested (at least by CMT's standards), right?

Boba
July 23rd, 2007, 03:44 AM
So essentially it's an MA5K like he suggested (at least by CMT's standards), right?Yeah it's not a carbine, it's a normal Battle Rifle, I just wanted to see if you guys would believe me. :d

Huero
July 23rd, 2007, 07:30 AM
It actually takes away from the game. You are never at a loss, because your Covenant foes will always have an analogous weapon to your human one, and if there is no Covenant weapon around, there will be a human one of almost the same general effectiveness somewhere for you to fall back on.
It makes the game too easy.
There doesn't always have to be an analogous one, because you can always go head to head with the same weapon. It doesn't take away from the experience. And besides, when did more guns equal less fun?

Archon23
July 23rd, 2007, 09:20 AM
When each gun has its own counterpart.

It's simply not fun when each gun has another gun that functions in almost the same way. Takes a way the fun from a game IMHO.

Warsaw
July 23rd, 2007, 08:59 PM
That's exactly what I was saying, only, with more words...yeah.

FRain
July 23rd, 2007, 09:51 PM
I think it's a BR without a scope.

Warsaw
July 23rd, 2007, 10:23 PM
So do I. I think everyone is over-speculating Halo 3 at this point. Just wait for the game's release.

Hotrod
July 24th, 2007, 01:23 PM
So do I. I think everyone is over-speculating Halo 3 at this point. Just wait for the game's release.

I already said this twice, now let's let this thread die, please.