PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Video problem

SMASH
July 19th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Ok, so I got a new mobo with onboard video but I'm using my ATI X1900 GT. The default in the BIOS is for it to be on my PCI Express slot, so the BIOS are set right, but anywhere in Windows, if I need to see info about my video card, it just says no info. In DXDIAG, I'm getting absolutely nothing on my video, but no errors as well. In the Device Manager there are 2 Devices that are probably the video cards, but one has an error sign by it. I've tried disabling one and leaving the other on then rebooting for both, but nothing seems to work...

3DSMax and Photoshop run very nice, but anything like H2Vista and even the scoring for my comp rates my video as a 1.0 but it really is a 5.4 when it can find my video card...

SMASH
July 19th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Guys, sorry for the double post but this is really urgent.

Darkness
July 19th, 2007, 09:44 PM
You set the pci-e as default but did you disable the onboard one?

mR_r0b0to
July 19th, 2007, 09:49 PM
drivers?

SMASH
July 19th, 2007, 11:24 PM
You set the pci-e as default but did you disable the onboard one?

It's an ASUS mobo, theres no option to disable it in the BIOS, and I've checked long and hard.

drivers?

I've actually been having problems with them as well, I'll install them, then I'll go to uninstall them, and it'll say there's nothing installed...

Darkness
July 20th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Are you sure you have the vista drivers? and what vista re you using 32 bit or 64 bit

SMASH
July 20th, 2007, 12:59 PM
64 bit, and yes, I've been to ATI.com several times and downloaded the drivers for 64 bit Vista.