PDA

View Full Version : Drivers for NVidia GeForce Go 6150

Varmint260
July 20th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Hey, guys! How's it going?

I'm back after finally getting a notebook of my own, and I know that some will scoff at my buying one with a GeForce Go 6150 in it, but I have done some thinking lately and for my own reasons I decided it would do. I'm not unhappy with its performance in H2Vista.

However, I have made repeated efforts to download Vista drivers for this card (I have Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit) and every time I go to the NVidia website and download the graphics card drivers for 6 series cards on Windows Vista 32-bit, I have a problem. I download the drivers and try to install them, and without fail I get one of two messages. The first is that the setup did not detect any hardware compatible with the drivers (I know it's a 6150, I know it's Vista 32-bit!) or I get a message that I'm not running Vista 32-bit. In either case, it tells me "The setup will now terminate." Maybe I have downloaded the wrong drivers, or maybe it's something more sinister. Can anyone help me?

EDIT: Sorry, guys! I didn't read on the NVidia page that the drivers are not for GeForce Go mobile GPUs. I'll see if HP has anything.

legionaire45
July 21st, 2007, 01:04 AM
What Northbridge chipset is your lappy using? Sometimes they'll integrate the graphics driver with the chipset driver. It's worth a shot =P.

Varmint260
July 21st, 2007, 01:25 AM
Sorry about that; it turns out that NVidia is not supplying drivers for their own Mobile GPUs for Vista. I had to go to HP's website to download the drivers, and they boosted my performance quite a lot.

For anyone who has problems getting drivers for an NVidia Mobile GPU (GeForce Go) for Vista, they want you to go to the website of your computer's manufacturer.

Mr Buckshot
July 21st, 2007, 02:33 AM
why did you do that! My neighbor just ordered a $799 notebook from newegg and it had a Geforce Go 7600 in it...what a pity!

still, the 6150 is not too bad. It's the best IGP, and if it can hit 30 fps in Doom 3 at 640x480 on medium, that's an achievement.

legionaire45
July 21st, 2007, 03:17 AM
why did you do that! My neighbor just ordered a $799 notebook from newegg and it had a Geforce Go 7600 in it...what a pity!

still, the 6150 is not too bad. It's the best IGP, and if it can hit 30 fps in Doom 3 at 640x480 on medium, that's an achievement.
Hell, at a local retailer known for overcharging for most newer notebooks/stuffs I found a $1200 HP/Toshiba (forgot which) laptop with a 2.0ghz C2D, 8700 M, 2 gigs of ram and 240 gigs of HDD space (120gb x 2). The price was after a couple of rebates but I caught onto the deal too late though, otherwise I would have picked one up.

Mr Buckshot
July 21st, 2007, 05:24 AM
My laptop is an older model so it was considered cheap for its time (2.13Ghz Intel Pentium M 770, 1 GB DDR2, Geforce Go 6600, all for $1600 USD, plus a 7200rpm 80 GB hard drive).

Pity...now many superior notebooks cost under $1500, and they even have dual core CPUs (when I bought my notebook, Intel Core (2) Duo did not exist yet).

et_cg
July 21st, 2007, 08:22 AM
Laptop/Mobile video cards have never been supported by the video card manufacturers. The companies in charge of supplying drivers for the mobile chipsets/laptop video cards are the laptop manufacturers themselves.

Mr Buckshot
July 21st, 2007, 11:01 AM
That's funny, the Nvidia official drivers work with my Geforce Go 6600...

Varmint260
July 21st, 2007, 05:55 PM
Okay, it's just mine, then. Anyways, I know that one can get a better deal when ordering online, but I did not have that luxury, and we need not go into why. I'm happy with how this thing is running H2Vista, and that's all that matters.

Mr Buckshot
July 23rd, 2007, 03:55 AM
I don't think ATI/Nvidia offer much support for integrated video cards. I know someone had a Radeon Xpress 200 and the Catalyst drivers didn't work on it because it wasn't supported.