PDA

View Full Version : Yoyorast Island V2 Dead Line!

yoyorast
July 21st, 2007, 10:06 AM
Hi guys!
No screenshots or any new info regarding the content here, but you just have to know that the map is progressing well and has entered in the final stage of development.
I didn't stop to modify and update the model til my last update after teting the some alpha builds made by TheGhost who kept make new ones as I was modifying the model.. but this process is going to be ending in the coming few days as I'm starting to be almost statisfied of the work I made on it.. (just one or two more modifications and one more hopefully final build and that's all).. But then there'll still be some huge work to do, less depending on me directly, I'll just direct and coordonate the guys working on their parts..
But What I want to say here, it's that it's going to be a real chalenge because we have 11 days from now to do the job.. yeh, you red well (you can read again if you want lol..) After that I'm leaving for one month and won't be able to work til september and same for TheGhost.
So, I really want to ask the members of my team to make the work I gave (or the one I'll give soon) top priority! I know you have lifes and all, just forget all :happy: jke.. Come on guys! we can make it!
TheGhost, there is some big work coming : integrating the musics, populating, making the gametypes, integrating the scripts, fixing the textures, fixing the clipping problem etc..
CtrlAltDestroy keep it up with making the scripts man the sooner the better.. D4NO keep it on the doors' textures and don't forget the new custom hog version to texture.. Baturkin be prepared to put the new hog version ingame and don't forget the custom horn for vehicles (I'm sending you the one missing for the ghosts soon)..
Polar would be good if the new page news and new forums would be there before the map, good luck..
and finally Madzwork, man I desperatly need to contact you man, I use to try to speak to ya on AIM but no answer.. As you were ok some time ago to let your H3 Mongoose live in my map.. I'm wondering if you changed your mind or.. Man you must contact me please or answer my messages there's very few time left now.. If someone knows him, please do something to make him contact me by PM or AIM...
And be the guys concerned by the betatesting be prepared cause it's coming very soon, in the next few days (I'll contact you).
Thanks so much to all of you, I can't do it alone, let the ultimate CE map live! The Countdown has begun...

Love De Lux
July 21st, 2007, 10:52 AM
Je t'aime \o/

Can't wait to get this in my /MAPS/ folder.

EDIT : TA VU TA VU ! j'ai tué ton topic.

Bad Waffle
July 21st, 2007, 12:56 PM
ditto.

DaaxGhost
July 21st, 2007, 02:21 PM
Je t'aime \o/

Can't wait to get this in my /MAPS/ folder.

EDIT : TA VU TA VU ! j'ai tué ton topic.
what he said..

Terin
July 21st, 2007, 03:10 PM
Good luck! Hopefully we'll see a lot of servers with it when it comes out.

DaaxGhost
July 21st, 2007, 03:28 PM
Everyone is gonna like this map. and if they don't i'm gona...well let's not say anything yet...hehe..

Archon23
July 21st, 2007, 03:50 PM
I hated yoyorast Id probably hate this too.

:)Nah I loved Yoyorast. Can't wait to see V2 guys!

Con
July 21st, 2007, 03:52 PM
From the main forum, all I could see of this thread's title was "Yoyorast Island V2 Dead"

I was like D:

Archon23
July 21st, 2007, 03:53 PM
^ I know thats what I thought too.

fatso784
July 21st, 2007, 04:00 PM
Yeah I saw that too. I was about to commit suicide...
Great job Yoyorast Team I've been waiting for this for months... or has it been years? lol

DaaxGhost
July 21st, 2007, 07:39 PM
I'll die of it. D: D:.

DaneO'Roo
July 22nd, 2007, 05:43 AM
Lol, I better hurry my ass up then :downs:

Jay2645
July 22nd, 2007, 10:58 AM
NOOOO!!! Yoyo V2 is dead! Fucking Dead! WHY?????????!!!!!!!11111oneoneoneone
Oh well, at least I have that food nipple waiting for me back at the starship, because, boy, have I worked up a big, grunty, thirst.
*Rereads Yoyo's Post*
Now if feel like an idiot.
Anyway, should be out 8/2/07, eh? 4 days from Archive being up on Halomaps, which means...
*Takes forever to do math in head*
It will be on Halomaps 3 days after it is released.

OK, retarded antics aside, can't wait for the V2, I played the leaked version, liked it better then V1, and if what you say is true, then I am going to kidnap your babies in the dead of night. Wait, you didn't hear me type that. Or read that. Or whatever you did.

Para Vous Français?
I probably butchered that. Can anyone tell me how to spell "I have to go to the bathroom." in French?

DaaxGhost
July 22nd, 2007, 11:22 AM
Para Vous Français?
I probably butchered that. Can anyone tell me how to spell "I have to go to the bathroom." in French?

Meh, huv 2 g0 tto teh bunroom....idk...i just felt like saying that..

Okay, Yoyorast do you have any pics yet.?

yoyorast
July 22nd, 2007, 02:52 PM
Meh, huv 2 g0 tto teh bunroom....idk...i just felt like saying that..

Okay, Yoyorast do you have any pics yet.?

Yes I have pics hehe:p

about the toilets thing : "Je dois aller aux chiottes"

DaaxGhost
July 22nd, 2007, 05:06 PM
uhh in english..lol

Archon23
July 22nd, 2007, 06:16 PM
LETS JUST USE AN ONLINE TRANSLATOR!

"I must go to toilets" ...........Lets put that back in.

"Je dois aller aux toilettes"

Never using one of those things again.

DaaxGhost
July 22nd, 2007, 06:47 PM
lol. I'm really happy for this yoyorast island v2 map! its gonna be friggin awesome!

AAA
July 22nd, 2007, 07:09 PM
Yoyo, Could you release some pics? :o!!

Hotrod
July 22nd, 2007, 08:22 PM
Para Vous Français?

Right, what you meant to say was : "Parlez-vous Français". I have no clue to where you got the "Para". Anyways, I'm glad to see that this is almost done, I've been waiting a very long time to play this.

Limited
July 22nd, 2007, 10:57 PM
Deadline? Uh oh, if they dont meet it yoyorast island v2 will be dead :(

Good news it hopefully will be finished soon, just hope it isnt a massive task you are undertaking :D

DaaxGhost
July 22nd, 2007, 11:03 PM
I'm really happy to hear that YoyoRast Island v2 is coming out. I'm just on the verge of doing my :eekdance:.

DaaxGhost
July 23rd, 2007, 02:16 AM
are you being sarchastic noob1n8r..1 month will kill me if i don't see PICS yoyorast!

P.S: I will die if i don't see pics.

Love De Lux
July 23rd, 2007, 02:44 AM
Yes I have pics hehe:p

about the toilets thing : "Je dois aller aux chiottes"

It's more like "J'ai une grosse commision a faire" :)

You silly parisian :p

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/8615/haloce2007060903505059lz3.jpg

AAA
July 23rd, 2007, 02:51 AM
hey! he made the ghost's road to teh hill longer!....so that means...Warthogs too!....Eeeks? Thnx for teh pic Lux

Love De Lux
July 23rd, 2007, 04:28 AM
hey! he made the ghost's road to teh hill longer!....so that means...Warthogs too!....Eeeks? Thnx for teh pic Lux

yoyo posted it long time ago. Eh.

Love De Lux
July 23rd, 2007, 05:20 AM
"hey guys, i'm posting in french so i'm cool right?"

"Eh les mecs, je poste en francais, donc je suis cool pas vrai ?"

What's babel fish, by the way ? Is that a translator, or something ?

Love De Lux
July 23rd, 2007, 12:29 PM
Oh, ok !

D-9 so far ! :lol:

yoyorast
July 23rd, 2007, 12:56 PM
I'm really annoyed.. Still no answer from Madworkz :confused2: I'm trying to speak to him on AIM everydays (he is online) and never answers.. I don't know what to do.. wait for him to answer hopefully before the deadline or let pass the deadline and wait til he answers and send the Mongoose? Or release the map without H3 Mongoose..? Guys! Please HELP ME.. If you want his Mongoose in V2, just send him a PM to motivate or wake him up.. this is depending on you also.. Thks

Love De Lux
July 23rd, 2007, 01:38 PM
If you don't have any answer, release the map without the moongosse.

AAA
July 23rd, 2007, 05:24 PM
NO!!!! We need that ther Mongoose to keep this map Awesome!!!! MADWORKS WILL YOU ANSWER HIM!!?!??!

ExAm
July 23rd, 2007, 05:38 PM
When you go by the shortened version of the topic name, as presented in the forum index, it looks like it says "Yoyorast Island V2 Dead". I almost shit myself until I saw the actual topic name.

Jay2645
July 23rd, 2007, 07:53 PM
Yeah.
If you have to, use Killa's ATVs. I have a slightly modified version of them, if you want it. Nothing too fancy, I just added a handlebar, new physics, took out the driver's guns and the horn, and added a second seat. Well, technically, not a second seat, just that little metal thing in the back can be sat on.
I like calling it the Jaygoose, but the folder's name is jmongoose (You know, like the npelican), so that way you don't get them mixed up.

Limited
July 23rd, 2007, 09:22 PM
Did you private message him yoyo? Hes been on lately you see, if you sent it a few days ago (or more) he will have defiantly seen it :D

TheGhost
July 23rd, 2007, 09:26 PM
The Mongoose that KiLLa released after the original Yoyorast Island came out was really good and really difficult to flip. I don't know if anyone has it around though.

FRain
July 23rd, 2007, 09:32 PM
Wow, I saw this and I would have seriously gone crazy if it said "dead" and not "dead line"

yoyorast
July 24th, 2007, 04:48 AM
Did you private message him yoyo? Hes been on lately you see, if you sent it a few days ago (or more) he will have defiantly seen it :D

ye ye , everyday I try to speak with him on aim..

DaneO'Roo
July 24th, 2007, 04:52 AM
Well, maybe you'll have to use the old mongoose if it can't work out, but we have to keep trying

I'll see if I can get it from him. He likes me :P

Though, I have alot of difficulty getting a hold of him. I got landed in a group chat with him the other day and he talked.

yoyorast
July 24th, 2007, 04:55 AM
The Mongoose that KiLLa released after the original Yoyorast Island came out was really good and really difficult to flip. I don't know if anyone has it around though.

The thing is that I don't want to have ATV just because it's aTV.. the 1st thing I wanted is when teleported to the ATV place is the ability to take a vehicle but not alone.. cause usualy when you're teleported there, you're not alone.. and in V1 thee was no way to protect and follow someone of your team to protect him.. cause I want to encourage team play.. so the idea for V2 is no longer (when you just catch the flag) to have one way by feet and another by ATV but more like one way if you're alone and want to walk and another if you are 2 guys and want to ride...

I'm very ok to have killa's one in V2 but it must be a new version.. as I told him in gearbox forum.. : Hi man! If you feel like making it.. I'd be more than happy to have yours in V2 if you changed some things, like take off the ability to to fire while driving as you said, have the cam able to turn all around the atv (like for a hog) , make the back seat seatable (and the chief should have a real seat smooth for his fragil a**) (it's only possible to seat there facing the back I guess but that'd be ok) , rework the physics to make it easier to drive and that should rock like hell.. Frankly man, if you succeed, then the baby gets in the place where it was born again.. let the legendary alliance live again http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/images/smilies/gbxsilly.gif But Killa, you have only like 5 days..http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/images/smilies/gbxomg.gif

Jay2645
July 24th, 2007, 08:52 AM
The thing is that I don't want to have ATV just because it's aTV.. the 1st thing I wanted is when teleported to the ATV place is the ability to take a vehicle but not alone.. cause usualy when you're teleported there, you're not alone.. and in V1 thee was no way to protect and follow someone of your team to protect him.. cause I want to encourage team play.. so the idea for V2 is no longer (when you just catch the flag) to have one way by feet and another by ATV but more like one way if you're alone and want to walk and another if you are 2 guys and want to ride...

I'm very ok to have killa's one in V2 but it must be a new version.. as I told him in gearbox forum.. : Hi man! If you feel like making it.. I'd be more than happy to have yours in V2 if you changed some things, like take off the ability to to fire while driving as you said, have the cam able to turn all around the atv (like for a hog) , make the back seat seatable (and the chief should have a real seat smooth for his fragil a**) (it's only possible to seat there facing the back I guess but that'd be ok) , rework the physics to make it easier to drive and that should rock like hell.. Frankly man, if you succeed, then the baby gets in the place where it was born again.. let the legendary alliance live again http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/images/smilies/gbxsilly.gif But Killa, you have only like 5 days..http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/images/smilies/gbxomg.gif
Everything you stated has already been done, except for smoothing the seat for MC's ass, and the camera. But other then that, it's done.

yoyorast
July 24th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Everything you stated has already been done, except for smoothing the seat for MC's ass, and the camera. But other then that, it's done.

Yeh every thing here and there on diferent ATVs but not everything in the same one.. good anims with the chief seated corectly like the killa's one + all I said above.. and it always misses the most important at least for my map.. the 2nd seat..

Jay2645
July 24th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Yeah, I'm redoing the animations for it anyway, I was going to have to get around to it sometime.

Rosco
July 24th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Lol, Lobo drove up to me once so I could get in the back and it didnt work :(

AAA
July 24th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Let me get this straight. You need to get in contact with him just to ask if you can still use the Mongoose? (not saying this in a non-important manner)

yoyorast
July 24th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Let me get this straight. You need to get in contact with him just to ask if you can still use the Mongoose? (not saying this in a non-important manner)

I already talked to him on AIM and he accepted, he was about to send it to me a few hours later when he would be at home.. I missed the apointment and then he didin't answered anymore ever..

yoyorast
July 24th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Yeah, I'm redoing the animations for it anyway, I was going to have to get around to it sometime.

Make the old one as I told in the post earlier and If it's perfect on evey points it get in the Island..