PDA

View Full Version : Visual Basic 2005 and Tool

korori
July 21st, 2007, 01:38 PM
Ok i decided to play around with VB I started an app but i would it to be able to compile maps, bitmaps, compile jms files, as well as set radiosity level with a slide bar. Any one know how i would go about in doing this. I tried but all i can get it to do is run tool. Do i need to declare something. Please help me.

Bad Waffle
July 21st, 2007, 01:41 PM
what?

DaaxGhost
July 21st, 2007, 02:19 PM
Ok i decided to play around with VB I started an app but i would it to be able to compile maps, bitmaps, compile jms files, as well as set radiosity level with a slide bar. Any one know how i would go about in doing this. I tried but all i can get it to do is run tool. Do i need to declare something. Please help me.
Uh, i have made programs. with c#,and j#, and other stuff. c++; But VB.Net. uh, you should really make this app in c# or c++. becuase there have more codes. Ask FireScythe he knows tons.

korori
July 21st, 2007, 04:05 PM
Thats the thing i only know how to program in VB. I know its possible i just dont know how to go about it

jahrain
July 21st, 2007, 04:29 PM
What do you not know how to do? Open and save data to binary files? Processing the data into compiled formats? It would be easier just to make a GUI based application that sends commands to tool.exe, but thats something I don't know how to do in vb.

DaaxGhost
July 21st, 2007, 04:31 PM
You can make batch files that sends commands to tool.exe.

Con
July 21st, 2007, 04:35 PM
You can make batch files that sends commands to tool.exe.
This is what most people do for commands they need to redo all the time, but if you want to make an app that will enter the commands for you, like a visual interface, where you can put in specific values...

AppActivate(Path.Text)
Windows.Forms.SendKeys.Send("your command here")

This makes your tool window the active window, then sends commands to it.
Path.Text would be the name of the command prompt window when you're running tool. For me atleast, it's the path to the cmd.exe located in my CE root dir.

DaaxGhost
July 21st, 2007, 04:51 PM
But that "code" you put on; you have to have the buttons/or the right keys on the form. or else it underlines it all and gives an error.

klange
July 21st, 2007, 10:48 PM
You could use the shell function...
shell ("[tool location]\tool.exe [options]")

DaaxGhost
July 21st, 2007, 11:03 PM
You could use the shell function...
shell ("[tool location]\tool.exe [options]")
Thats one way, if you were using c#, or c++ i would be able to help. :\

korori
July 21st, 2007, 11:15 PM
Well i wish i knew how to use c++ but im so used to VB. And its the only thing i have had any training in too.

Limited
July 22nd, 2007, 11:00 PM
I hope your not asking for us to dish out code to you that does it all, after seeing very little effort on your side.

I'd suggest making batch files that you auto delete after use (maybe give an option to not delete to save for further use)

you just got to learn how to read and write to files, basically thats most of it done.