PDA

View Full Version : #H2V on IRC

TheGhost
September 8th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Ninja_Life writes to inform me that he has set up an IRC channel on irc.gamesurge.net for Halo 2 Vista discussion.

If you're unfamiliar with IRC you can read a tutorial on how to use it here (http://www.ircbeginner.com/ircinfo/mirc.html).

The channel name is #H2V on the irc.gamesurge.net server.

PlasbianX
September 8th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Sweet. Im in IRC almost 80% of my life, so ill regular here.

Meh.. he didnt set it up if i have channel admin when i join it @_@. Let me double check if its registered. If not, i can register it, as ive registered over 12 channels now.

EDIT2: Hmm, now i dont have admin now that the Channel Server showed up. So it looks like he did set it up. Theres no topic or welcome message, so if anyone does have admin powers for this, type /channel and add a channel message, and !topic to change the topic.

EDIT3: $5 says ill always be the only one in here.

Katana
September 8th, 2006, 03:04 PM
I registered the channel earlier today. I hadn't really done any detailed set up because I wanted to check in with Ghost first.

I don't expect there to be a ton of people in there just yet, but I do encourage forumers to set up IRC and hang out at the channel. Everybody's welcome to idle whenever they like and hopefully when the site begins to grow we can have a good number of people in there. IRC is always a great place to be for any kind of community.

I'll be changing options and adding user levels as well as giving ops to current admins and moderators.

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
September 8th, 2006, 05:29 PM
I'll be on it most of the time now. I was thinking about setting one up for the forums, but I decided not too. Glad to see you did. Don't forget to make me an op or whatever it is. ;)

__Blaz0__
September 9th, 2006, 07:15 AM
Hey all. Nice Katana. As I was saying yesterday, I am getting excited about H2Vista. Almost feels like when Halo PC first came out, but a bit better. I would like to take part in the IRC and whatnot. I will play nice. ;)

TheGhost
September 9th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Hey, welcome Blaz0!

StankBacon
September 9th, 2006, 11:41 PM
katana only made it so he has @

>.>

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
September 9th, 2006, 11:42 PM
No. Dr, and I have @ status also. And Jcap.

Teroh
September 11th, 2006, 01:13 AM
As long as it doesn't turn into #gbh, I'll go in there.

Rescudo
September 11th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Is there a webbased IRC client I can use? I don't think I want to reinstall mIRC and all that stuff.

PlasbianX
September 11th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Chatzilla. Or, gamesurge has one on its website:
http://www.gamesurge.net/chat/

TheGhost
September 11th, 2006, 01:44 PM
I'll see if I can install any mods that allow direct integration of vBulletin and IRC.

PlasbianX
September 11th, 2006, 02:07 PM
There might be a few. I know you can intergrate a chat option that will start up a java client in your broswer and connect to whatever server and channel it is setup for.

Rescudo
September 11th, 2006, 04:00 PM
I'll see if I can install any mods that allow direct integration of vBulletin and IRC.

That would be awesome. For now, I'll be using this:

Chatzilla. Or, gamesurge has one on its website:
http://www.gamesurge.net/chat/