PDA

View Full Version : H3T_Bloodgulch (pre alpha) released.

FRain
July 22nd, 2007, 01:36 AM
Sorry about the deletion, but Zeph asked me that I add pictures, I asked the Fapper to repost the thread, but he hasn't, so since I have pictures, I'll repost it myself.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3U0BA3TZ (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3U0BA3TZ)

I will upload to filefront ASAP. FileFront is down ATM, so I couldn't upload.

Halo 3 Team (H3T) Blood Gulch
This project wasn't that hard. Many stuff I had already done already and just threw it in a map.

Halo 3 Changes:
Assault Rifle damage is alot higher.
Assault Rifle has new animations.
Brute Spiker added. (props to EP_Killa)
Spartan Laser Sortof added, it is in the form of a plasma pistol in the center. I was having a hard time with the splazer animations and models, so I just thew it on a plasma pistol.
Shield Grenade Added (props to Kirby_422)
2 LAAG turrets on each base added (props to TheGhost)
New Shotgun Animations added. (props to EP_Killa)
Battle Rifle added.

In the future:
Assault Rifle needs a new model and shader. The only new thing about the AR is damage and anims.
Brute Spiker animations are hella outdated. Will fix ASAP.
Shotgun Animations aren't so halo 3 but they are good. I might redo them (sorry killa)
The plasma pistol SL looks seriously fucked up in FP. Will fix.
Spartan Laser Animations and Models are going to definitely be done. That's #2 on my list.
Detach Turret script will hopefully be added.
EP_Killa's boarding script added.
Battle Rifle has h2 anims, will fix ASAP.
New HUD psbly?
AR anims look liek total shit. Will fix.

Props to:
Bungie: for making an awesome halo map. It's horribly overplayed, but you gave me a map to edit on when I had no other choice.
Kirby_422: Shield Grenade. Awesome. I might have to revamp them because you can fire out but not fire in.
TheGhost: LAAG Turret. I love these turrets. So fun to play on :D Also thanks for the BG scenario files. I hid your name somewhere. Hehehe, find it.
EP_Killa: Brute Spiker and Shotgun animations. Love em. Thanks a bunch!
Scooby Doo: Well, the spartan laser will be in the mod, just not this build.
Thanks to all. And to all a goo- zzz ZZZ zzz ZZZ zzz ZZZ zzz ZZZ zzz ZZ- WHA? To all a good night.

Pics:

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5056/12700238gf9.jpg

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2035/52667895xv8.jpg

DrunkenSamus
July 22nd, 2007, 01:40 AM
Woah, pretty cool. Ya' know, I wish there was some type of mod that would change all of the weapon's animations but would leave everything as is.

FRain
July 22nd, 2007, 01:42 AM
Wait, is that sarcasm or what?

DaneO'Roo
July 22nd, 2007, 03:56 AM
Whos spiker is that?

Archon23
July 22nd, 2007, 04:50 AM
Read the quote in the first post

Brute Spiker Added. (Props to EP_Killa)

DaneO'Roo
July 22nd, 2007, 05:27 AM
Yes, I'm not blind, but that is obviously not EP Killas. Looks more like the ripped halo 3 one to me.

phase
July 22nd, 2007, 07:24 AM
Amazing no one has trolled FlaminRain yet.

Choking Victim
July 22nd, 2007, 09:06 AM
This isn't that great, why release? Animations need work, Assault rifle is alright but the melee and reload anims don't end on the same place as the idle animation making it jerk around unnaturally. The spiker animations are totally horrible, while moving mc's left hand comes into view making it look like he's runnin around with something in his hand. You can shoot through the bubble shield, I guess thats it since thats all that was in this 'pre alpha'. I know you said you would fix them, but still its worth mentioning.

AAA
July 22nd, 2007, 09:43 AM
You really should get some beta testers....by the way, do you know where EP Killa got that Spiker?

Con
July 22nd, 2007, 10:18 AM
Let's all play a game called, Who's Work is it Anyway?™

I go first! Hey, that's my Spiker skin!

+1

EDIT: Ban Killa already? He's a worthless piece of shit and I don't care if I get warned for saying that.

Roostervier
July 22nd, 2007, 10:40 AM
Also, you don't have to be visually impaired to notice that that spiker is HUGE. Change the third person scale.

Also also, those shields don't sync (I remember seeing somewhere).

Lightning
July 22nd, 2007, 10:45 AM
You do realize there is no such thing as a "Pre-alpha", yes?

Modded bloodgulches rock, btw.

Roostervier
July 22nd, 2007, 10:58 AM
Also, these types of maps, "testing" maps, as I call them, are meant for testers... not really everyone D:

kenney001
July 22nd, 2007, 11:25 AM
oh and PLEASE get rid of those animations. The only decent one is the AR ready animation. Other than that, It is quite obvious you didnt use IK, which makes a HUGE difference. The spiker's skin looked horrbile in FP, and whats with the random left hand popping up and down on the left side of the screen? Messed-up overlays mb?

I dont see anything special here. Keep it up though.....

FRain
July 22nd, 2007, 01:05 PM
oh and PLEASE get rid of those animations. The only decent one is the AR ready animation. Other than that, It is quite obvious you didnt use IK, which makes a HUGE difference. The spiker's skin looked horrbile in FP, and whats with the random left hand popping up and down on the left side of the screen? Messed-up overlays mb?

I dont see anything special here. Keep it up though.....

It's quite obvious I didn't use IK? Well, you're wrong. I ONLY use IK. Killa uses the normal rig. Random left hand? He's holding the spiker with one hand.

ICEE
July 22nd, 2007, 01:11 PM
fix the assualt rifle. its overpowered, shoots too fast (10 rps is needed) and the rifle doesnt even aim at the reticle. the shotgun animations need work, and the spiker needs to actually shoot spikes

Roostervier
July 22nd, 2007, 01:13 PM
It's quite obvious I didn't use IK? Well, you're wrong. I ONLY use IK. Killa uses the normal rig. Random left hand? He's holding the spiker with one hand.
Then you should take it as you need to work on your animating... a lot.

ICEE
July 22nd, 2007, 01:14 PM
also i keep seeing this hand appear when i hold the spiker... its like the chief is waving at the enemy. make him hold the spiker in two hands. the chief ALWAYS uses two hands. its his style, even on little guns

Ki11a_FTW
July 22nd, 2007, 01:21 PM
Yes, I'm not blind, but that is obviously not EP Killas. Looks more like the ripped halo 3 one to me.

False.

Roostervier
July 22nd, 2007, 01:21 PM
People commonly use two hands when armed with a weapon to, "steady" the weapon, so that when they fire it, they may hit the target with less error.

mistercheif
July 22nd, 2007, 01:22 PM
as ironclad said all those errors, are exactly exactly as i would of put it . As me and ironclad were playing we found it easy to get kills (he got midrange kill with shotty :/ ) bouble sheilds arn`t that good :( some times i would through them and i wouldn't even get in it. Although i found it realy fun so good job. (also im getting ironclad to put ai in it because not alot of people will have the map, no offence.)

Ki11a_FTW
July 22nd, 2007, 01:28 PM
Everyone cool off withe spiker, i animated it quickly.. just to get it ingame, and the fp uses the AR skin, i told Rain to change that...

And with the shotgun, the power was cranked up a little because as most of us know, the halo 3 one has only 6 shells to fire before reload.

Roostervier
July 22nd, 2007, 01:31 PM
Everyone cool off withe spiker, i animated it quickly.. just to get it ingame, and the fp uses the AR skin, i told Rain to change that...
1) Wtf? AR skin? Who the shit would use that for the fp of the Spiker? 2) I thought Rain animated it. Now we have two stories. Which one should I believe? Either way, judging off on how people are reacting to the anims (I refuse to download the map) you just aren't good at animating. I can make a quick set in 10 minutes that at least don't look shit.

Ki11a_FTW
July 22nd, 2007, 01:44 PM
1. I animated it, but told him to re animate it

2. I used the spiker skin bu tool mixed up the shaders so it uses the ar one.. i already fixed it on my tag set, but he didnt

3. I can make new animations that actually look good, those other ones just got messed up, i mean the camera in 3ds max was inthe wrong posision, i made it in 5 minutes, ill post a new video later

FRain
July 22nd, 2007, 01:50 PM
No, don't worry killa, these guys are obvious jackasses that don't READ THE README that says I'm REDOING THE ANIMATIONS FOR EVERY GUN and that the ANIMATIONS ARE HELLA OUTDATED.

Choking Victim
July 22nd, 2007, 01:51 PM
No, don't worry killa, these guys are obvious jackasses that don't READ THE README that says I'm REDOING THE ANIMATIONS FOR EVERY GUN and that the ANIMATIONS ARE HELLA OUTDATED.
then why release a build with features that aren't even close to what will be in the final product?

FRain
July 22nd, 2007, 01:52 PM
Because someone kept PMing me about a bloodgulch beta. They got what they want, now they can leave me alone.

Ki11a_FTW
July 22nd, 2007, 01:54 PM
I told him that we should just do a video preview first, but he wanted to release a map

I cant\havent even play it atm, so i really know much about the SL, AR, or BR.

Roostervier
July 22nd, 2007, 02:23 PM
Because someone kept PMing me about a bloodgulch beta. They got what they want, now they can leave me alone.
They didn't get a beta, they got a "pre alpha."

bleach
July 22nd, 2007, 02:38 PM
I don't have money to wastes on Mega Uploads, i don't know how to use it. Can you just leave the map the way it is protect the map and upload to halomaps?
EDIT: NVM...

ICEE
July 22nd, 2007, 03:23 PM
the map should be protected though. though i did rip the spiker to fix the way it fires. sorry. OCD.

bleach
July 22nd, 2007, 03:25 PM
well, if we want to use the tags in the map, we have to get permission, put them in the credits, and possibly put their names in a secret room or something. Please keep it open though.:)

kenney001
July 22nd, 2007, 03:54 PM
sorry for giving honest crit. I saw the 3p spiker that used the real skin and it looked quite nice, so I could tell it just had the wrong skin applied to it. Sorry about that part. The part that im worried about is the model: It is a box, and looks hardly like its h3 counterpart. Take a look at CMT's because they got pretty dam close with the modeling.

FRain
July 22nd, 2007, 05:25 PM
Well, shit, it seems that I forgot to protect the map file. Go ahead and rip, I don't care. This is far from pre alpha.

DaneO'Roo
July 22nd, 2007, 05:33 PM
False.

oh, thats right, It's not bungies, It's Cons.

rofl ripper

Xetsuei
July 22nd, 2007, 05:39 PM
EP Killa you might as well just confess.

FRain
July 22nd, 2007, 06:56 PM
Okay. Please provide some form of proof that the skin is connor's. If it is, I will gladly take it off.

AAA
July 22nd, 2007, 07:00 PM
EDIT: Ban Killa already? He's a worthless piece of shit and I don't care if I get warned for saying that.

Hey! Someone finally said it! Now all we need is someone to do it. and yes, I knew that was yours. Look too similiar to the one from the early betas. Next to that I bet EP asked for the skin from that "hacker" that destroyed Teh Lag's Baby Wraith. So, Ban him already please? yes, yes, mb?

and Flaming Rain? You should really consider making some actual progress before you give a beta. Then maybe we would actually want you to continue with the map and not think it was so poor...No offense to you man, I would realy like to see how this turns out. I'm sure it'll be great.

CtrlAltDestroy
July 22nd, 2007, 07:15 PM
"Killa's":
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8886/rippeddsq1.jpg
Taken from your map.Con's:
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/2600/spikahhyv9.jpg
Red shit is an antirip.

The reason for the map inversion is cause, I think, he took the bitmap from an xbox mod (http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=55511).

AAA
July 22nd, 2007, 07:19 PM
all

AAA
July 22nd, 2007, 07:20 PM
all we have are guesses, nice find though. That could be it.:raise:

teh lag
July 22nd, 2007, 07:22 PM
all we have are guesses, nice find though. That could be it.:raise:

That IS it. It's the same bitmap, only at lower res and flipped vertically.

Nice job stealing again.

FRain
July 22nd, 2007, 07:24 PM
That is it. I will ask connor if I can use it, and since I didn't know that it was his, EP Killa has been demoted from the team from helper to helper if I can't ask anybody else because this really won't happen.

He's off the team unless otherwise.

Choking Victim
July 22nd, 2007, 07:25 PM
Honestly I think this mod should be re-cancelled until you guys get your act together. It's all just turning out to be a mess so far.

FRain
July 22nd, 2007, 07:28 PM
Honestly I think this mod should be re-cancelled until you guys get your act together. It's all just turning out to be a mess so far.

I wouldn't put it into those words. It is a mess, but I'm not going to cancel it. It'll just be worked on while I clean up the mess.

Roostervier
July 22nd, 2007, 07:30 PM
IAWTP.

I also suggest re-canceling it until further notice. When you get your shit sorted out, then bring it back. >_>

FRain
July 22nd, 2007, 07:32 PM
^ See above post.

Hotrod
July 22nd, 2007, 07:42 PM
To tell you the truth, this isn't all that good. The shotgun animation are very bad. The gun is almost in the middle. The Assault Rifle animations aren't that bad, they just need to be retouched. The Spikers FP is bad, and the bubble shield textures need to look better. Also, the SL needs a model, but I know that you don't have one yet.

Pyong Kawaguchi
July 22nd, 2007, 07:45 PM
its looks nice, try to move the ar up a little bit and

fix the ar speed
fix the sucky anims for the weaps
and fix the buble sheild...

FRain
July 22nd, 2007, 07:46 PM
Actually, yes I do have a model, it just was giving me trouble and the person kept bugging me.

Hotrod
July 22nd, 2007, 07:56 PM
Actually, yes I do have a model, it just was giving me trouble and the person kept bugging me.

Ok, well that makes sense. Keep up the good work once you get your team working well.

HDoan
July 22nd, 2007, 09:03 PM
"Killa's":
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8886/rippeddsq1.jpg
Taken from your map.Con's:
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/2600/spikahhyv9.jpg
Red shit is an antirip.

The reason for the map inversion is cause, I think, he took the bitmap from an xbox mod (http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=55511).
Conscar owns at skinning :eek:

ShadowCloud
July 22nd, 2007, 09:59 PM
Were is the CMT section? i can't find it anymore?

Masterz1337
July 22nd, 2007, 10:05 PM
It's in the community section up top.

People never learn do they?

Choking Victim
July 22nd, 2007, 10:10 PM
over time shadowcloud has shown he's incapable of learning. nice sig masters :)

Archon23
July 22nd, 2007, 10:10 PM
Not only that but hes outdated by a longshot.

ICEE
July 22nd, 2007, 11:30 PM
the only reason i could find the cmt section was because its on my favorites list. lol

TPE
July 23rd, 2007, 03:17 AM
Kinda ironic that killa hasn't posted since the comparisons where posted.:o

DaneO'Roo
July 23rd, 2007, 04:19 AM
I agree. Well, there goes his credibility

Tweek
July 23rd, 2007, 06:37 AM
i maeck lolz

Ki11a_FTW
July 23rd, 2007, 12:32 PM
hey i was grounded off the computer, and i have a life unlike the many rest of you

FRain
July 23rd, 2007, 12:33 PM
Oh, you have a LIFE? Well, in the past 4 months I've made about 4 moves to 3 different homes, not to mention apartment changing every month.

Ki11a_FTW
July 23rd, 2007, 12:35 PM
I wasnt talking to you rain

and for the last damn time i got the skin off of filefront, i dont steal TEH LAG >_<

Rain , i knew if id get involved in this id get critsized for something, im out of this, find some one else

Rosco
July 23rd, 2007, 01:21 PM
hey i was grounded off the computer, and i have a life unlike the many rest of you

You have a life because your mom and dad forced you off the computer.

GG

Roostervier
July 23rd, 2007, 01:22 PM
Either way, it's Connor's skin, and he didn't give permission.

STOLEN.

Pred1ator
July 23rd, 2007, 01:27 PM
i like the ar animations

Ki11a_FTW
July 23rd, 2007, 02:03 PM
You have a life because your mom and dad forced you off the computer.

GG

hahahah wow ok

CtrlAltDestroy
July 23rd, 2007, 02:53 PM
What? Did he help you realize how stupid your statement sounded?

Ki11a_FTW
July 23rd, 2007, 02:56 PM
no, but its not true

Con
July 23rd, 2007, 03:08 PM
You know your argument's failing when you have to resort to petty little insults like that. Please, leave.

Ki11a_FTW
July 23rd, 2007, 03:11 PM
i was just saying.... they think i should be here every second to post

But thanks, i think ill stay

Con
July 23rd, 2007, 03:15 PM
of course it wasn't an insult :downs:

but really, I think you need to change your act or leave, and by your choice to stay you only have once choice left.

Ki11a_FTW
July 23rd, 2007, 03:18 PM
i really dont even know what i did wrong to be honest

Con
July 23rd, 2007, 03:30 PM
Point 6:
http://www.peace.ca/kindergarten.htm
did you by chance skip kindergarten?

FRain
July 23rd, 2007, 03:43 PM
Hey, yo, take this to PMs. Don't fuck up my thread.

Choking Victim
July 23rd, 2007, 03:45 PM
^ too late.

Rosco
July 23rd, 2007, 03:59 PM
i was just saying.... they think i should be here every second to post

But thanks, i think ill stay

Yes, and you saying you're grounded leads me to believe the only way you have a life is when your mom and dad force you off the pc, therefore you can't post.

Archon23
July 23rd, 2007, 04:18 PM
Hey, yo, take this to PMs. Don't fuck up my thread.

Rain your just going to have to embrace the fact that all your threads will become flame wars eventually.

Masterz1337
July 23rd, 2007, 04:31 PM
Jeeze guys cool it. I believe EP Killa didn't know it was CMT's.

Con
July 23rd, 2007, 04:50 PM
He didn't know who's it was at all, but that doesn't give him the right to take it and use it without credit.

Ralex123
July 23rd, 2007, 05:14 PM
Keep it up Flaming. Fix out the bugs and stuff the other people posted. Then it'll play better.

Ki11a_FTW
July 23rd, 2007, 05:42 PM
Yes, and you saying you're grounded leads me to believe the only way you have a life is when your mom and dad force you off the pc, therefore you can't post.

To be precise, he grounded me off my laptop, but i still have 3 other computers with all my editing shit and internet. believe me, i could have posted.

But there was a party and..... you know i like them

bleach
July 23rd, 2007, 06:03 PM
so when is all of the crap going to be fixed? HUD, Weapons, vehicles, etc.?

FRain
July 23rd, 2007, 08:13 PM
I am not giving any updates for the next week so I can catch up. I finally got the JMS exporter to work, w00t, so animations, models and stuff will be in soon.

demonmaster3k
July 23rd, 2007, 08:27 PM
spiker looks too big

Elite Killa
July 23rd, 2007, 08:51 PM
If the CMT maps are protected, how exactly did Killa get the skin?

I haven't downloaded yet, but from all of this negative feedback, it's probably best for me to refrain from downloading.

FRain
July 23rd, 2007, 08:52 PM
He said he got it from filefront, I don't believe that, but I think he got it from a H2X mod.

Ki11a_FTW
July 23rd, 2007, 08:59 PM
I did >_<

Archon23
July 23rd, 2007, 09:28 PM
Link to the skin on filefront then?

Xetsuei
July 23rd, 2007, 09:32 PM
I did >_<

My ass.

FRain
July 23rd, 2007, 09:33 PM
Bet anything it'll come out of your profile.

DaneO'Roo
July 23rd, 2007, 09:52 PM
i like the ar animations

fag

why are all the losery people losers?

AAA
July 23rd, 2007, 09:59 PM
fag

why are all the losery people losers?

That was sweet, where'd that come from?....

DaneO'Roo
July 23rd, 2007, 10:03 PM
:/ from me of course

Roostervier
July 23rd, 2007, 10:15 PM
Yeah... I thought Pred was gone for good? People who leave should stay left.

UrKungFuSux
July 23rd, 2007, 11:36 PM
You guys, just chilllllll mannn. I think this case should be reviewed before the flaming begins. But in the meantime, if you would please upload the map elsewhere, I could test it more in depth. D= comps crashing

OmegaDragon
July 23rd, 2007, 11:55 PM
I think this case should be reviewed before the flaming begins.

A bit too late for that -_-

Ki11a_FTW
July 23rd, 2007, 11:58 PM
My ass

yeah, its ugly

DrunkenSamus
July 24th, 2007, 01:24 AM
After looking through the comments...theres no way this thread will be locked. Everyone is just so friendly. It's like MXC...only without pain. And Guy is having the time of his life.

No, Seriously this has turned into a flame thread. Burn marks as far as the eye can see.

TPE
July 24th, 2007, 04:00 AM
Ok so killa you got it from file front, fliped it upside down, made it 256X256. I think you could of saw the "conscars was hear"

And all the sudden you said you got it from a H2X mod.

wow ffs if your going to lie, get the story straight.

also im not proud of the fact i dont have a life, but im proud of the fact my parents dont ground me from the computer

:mysterysolved:

Rosco
July 24th, 2007, 06:34 AM
To be precise, he grounded me off my laptop, but i still have 3 other computers with all my editing shit and internet. believe me, i could have posted.

But there was a party and..... you know i like them

I'm sure people who have lives have fucking 4 computers.

Berkut
July 24th, 2007, 06:38 AM
But I thought he didn't wanna be a nerd no more :confused2:

SuperNova
July 24th, 2007, 06:43 AM
Wow, I was going to keep lurking but this takes the cake.

Killa stop trying to stretch your E-peen, you aren't getting anywhere and never will. There's more of a chance of stealth having a better go at real life than what you call yours. Parties are fun, but they do NOT make you cool, I mean rossmum might spend every dieing second on his pc but atleast he doesn't have 4 PCs.

Slowly walking down the hall, faster than a cannon ball.. where were you while we were getting high...

Dr Nick
July 24th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Hey, me and ross have something in common!

But yeah, Killa you're quite annoying.

termin8or123
July 24th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Flaming what happened!?? =\

Apoc4lypse
July 24th, 2007, 04:07 PM

why bother with release then, just wait till there redone then release, then we dont get everyone anoyed..

thats just my opinion... as for everyone else, they shud calm down and stop acting like a nuclear bombs gonna explode because they dont like somthing. :confused2:

we get it, you don't like it, no need for further conversation unless you have constructive crit that makes sense. Not just... "your horrible at animating" jee thanks for stating the obvious, want to elaborate a bit, or did you really need that one extra post added to your post count.

I'll admit it, I dont like seeing release threads with crap in them, it wastes my time, but what I hate more is seeing people make stupid pointless replys that only make the thread longer and more annoying to read through, its just as bad as the guy who made the thread in the first place.

/rant

this stuff makes me :XD: :dramabomb:

EDIT: ok.. I didn't read the whole thread, but idc lol...

There's more of a chance of stealth having a better go at real life than what you call yours. Parties are fun, but they do NOT make you cool, I mean rossmum might spend every dieing second on his pc but atleast he doesn't have 4 PCs.

what the hell is this thread even on about... its so off topic that reply didnt even make sense to me, no topic relation what so ever. Theres a reason PM's exist.

:lock:

Con
July 24th, 2007, 04:12 PM
I think this thread needs a lock :X

FRain
July 24th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Agreed. Lockhammer placed. Repost in 3 days.