PDA

View Full Version : Can I PLEASE get my computer POST to SHUT UP?

FRain
July 22nd, 2007, 05:19 PM
God, this is scary, trippy, and ANNOYING for the most part. First off. When I boot the computer, she says "CPU Fan Failed" The CPU fan is fine, but the bracket that monitors the CPU fan is busted. After that, it boots up, and I have a bootloader for Vista and XP on my computer. She then proceeds to say "Computer now booting from Operating System". Yes, you're very smart, aren't you.

BobtheGreatII
July 22nd, 2007, 05:23 PM
So...is anything actually wrong with your computer?

klange
July 22nd, 2007, 05:27 PM
I can't get Award to stfu about some missing USB slots...
Flash a new BIOS?

xhedgehogx
July 22nd, 2007, 08:02 PM
The security camera computer's harddrive at my work is fried. It says to back up files, but the managers are clueless on how to do it without booting into the operating system.

Wakeboy1337
July 22nd, 2007, 08:54 PM
God, this is scary, trippy, and ANNOYING for the most part. First off. When I boot the computer, she says "CPU Fan Failed" The CPU fan is fine, but the bracket that monitors the CPU fan is busted. After that, it boots up, and I have a bootloader for Vista and XP on my computer. She then proceeds to say "Computer now booting from Operating System". Yes, you're very smart, aren't you.

My dad had an Asus mobo that did that. it was an a7v333.

I belive there is an option in power management to not watch the hardware temps and fans.

And for the whole voice I think under the boot tab you can change it to beep.

ExAm
July 22nd, 2007, 09:53 PM
I set my computer to "turn off on CPU fan fail" once. I rebooted, and it shut itself down. Tried again. It shut itself down. I had to clear the CMOS. I think it didn't know what the fuck was going on with the CPU fan at all. That thing was whirring like a turbine.

Phopojijo
July 24th, 2007, 03:40 AM
The security camera computer's harddrive at my work is fried. It says to back up files, but the managers are clueless on how to do it without booting into the operating system.Attach it as a secondary harddrive to a functioning computer?

Just sayin'...

TPE
July 24th, 2007, 04:04 AM
I set my computer to "turn off on CPU fan fail" once. I rebooted, and it shut itself down. Tried again. It shut itself down. I had to clear the CMOS. I think it didn't know what the fuck was going on with the CPU fan at all. That thing was whirring like a turbine.Yeah try that.
http://www.dewassoc.com/support/bios/bios_password.htm