PDA

View Full Version : Child scenarios

Choking Victim
July 24th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Do any *experienced* singleplayer modders know anything about child scenarios? what their used for, are they merged with the parent scenario after being compiled into a cache file? can the parent read scripts in the child scenario or vice versa? Anyone who can help, it will benefit the community later on. guarenteed sex

MNC
July 24th, 2007, 12:27 PM
I'm a singleplayer modder sans the experienced and I have no idea what you mean with child scenario and parent scenario. As far as I know there's only 1 scenario, even bungie used 1 scenario for SP.

Choking Victim
July 24th, 2007, 12:44 PM
i dont think so, i believe bungie had 2 or more scenarios for large maps like a10, b40, c10, and more. but when you open in sapien they are merged. I'm not sure how, but i think that it merges the child scenarios section if you open a scenario in guerilla. This would explain the duplicate camera points, cutscene flags, and recorded animations in most larger maps like a10. and it also explains why i can't compile scripts extracted from a10.

EDIT: Lookie:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
object name 'looking_panel_center' exists in 'a102' and 'a10'... this will certainly fuck shit up

i got this error while experimenting with merging scenarios lols at bungies comedic debug statements.