PDA

View Full Version : [MAP] Solo Dangercanyon Public Beta 2

MNC
July 24th, 2007, 11:27 AM
This is a singleplayer map using the BSP of Dangercanyon, as I thought the BSP was created nicely to put a certain path to it.
Please, no flaming, please judge this map by its content, not the reused BSP.

The M beta is the final beta. After M there will be no betas, only the final. If you want to call it final >_>

What does it have:
A custom single player path in a BSP by Bungie.
Some Halo 2 music.
Working cutscenes
Some pelican.
A new sky/radiosity - Thanks to the people that helped me in that thread.
Alot of glitches to work out.
New! - Objectives. Thanks bip0lar_bear! (Or is that © to you ross?)
Some more in the latest M beta - play to find out.Known Glitches:
The marines at the beginning chatting is a bit of a mess.
The level ends at the end - you'll notice it. It'll be dramatic. :awesome:
There are quite some conversations in the newest beta, and there were some reports that everything would mix up, ie.: the conversations play after you load a checkpoint past the conversation. I have no fix for this yet. It might be a point where you really can't continue, after the flood. You'll have to restart from a previous checkpoint. The lockup I can fix, the conversation errors... I dont know.
There are other minor AI glitches, but most are unnoticable.
After you get the tank, the door might close again if you wait too long. Just get to the holo panel and open it up again. The pelican is a bit messy in flying away, but this can be disregarded :awesome:Pictures

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/MasterNeoChief/Solo/haloce2006-05-1416-33-02-01.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/MasterNeoChief/Solo/peli02.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/MasterNeoChief/Solo/c_dropship01.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/MasterNeoChief/Solo/hog02.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/MasterNeoChief/Solo/cutscene01.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/MasterNeoChief/Solo/hog01.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/MasterNeoChief/Solo/haloce2006-05-1416-33-26-76.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/MasterNeoChief/Solo/cutscene02-1.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/MasterNeoChief/Solo/haloce2006-05-1416-34-39-25.jpg
Download - Version L
Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XOV79200
Halomaps: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=3076

Download - Version M - Newest! As of 19-11-2007
Rapidshare: http://rapidshare.com/files/56803894/solo_dangercanyon_m.rar.html

Please report any bugs you encounter. And be gentle on the critique :awesome:

New screens will be coming soon.

Special thanks to;
Tiamat for his pelican
P0lar bear for the help in scripts/objectives.
L33T for scripting help
Alot more other for help/support.

Rosco
July 24th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Ah so you're MasterNeoChief, I remember the first beta on gbx, it was quite fun. Downloading.

thehoodedsmack
July 24th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Good job. I love SP levels. Keep it up, and consider doing a custom BSP for your next release. :)

Wizardman
July 24th, 2007, 11:38 AM
i played the final, it was good but i got stuck alot.:XD:

Ki11a_FTW
July 24th, 2007, 12:00 PM
looks like fun, downloading now

MNC
July 24th, 2007, 12:08 PM
i played the final, it was good but i got stuck alot.:XD:

Hmm, Final. What final? There's the old beta from GBX and this new beta, j and l.

hoodedsmack: I strongly want to do that too, and I'm learning to model stuff in the meantime. :D

Ki11a_FTW
July 24th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Just played it, it was fun :-D

Dropshp crashes alot 0_0

MNC
July 24th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Just played it, it was fun :-D

Dropshp crashes alot 0_0
Haha, yeah, the cutscene has been edited already, the dropship is safe and sound.

Ki11a_FTW
July 24th, 2007, 03:55 PM
:-) good

DaaxGhost
July 24th, 2007, 11:18 PM
I like it!

Hotrod
July 25th, 2007, 03:39 PM
I just finished playing this, and I have to say, it's quite good. You should keep the same BSB as you're using now, at least for the first final release. You couls have a different BSB for a V2. I hope that you continue the story using different MP maps because that ending just makes me want to have more. I have a few ideas that you might like that I'll send you through PM.

TPE
July 25th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Eww megaupload... soo slow. I will edit when I play it

Call me a retard, but I cant get it to open. i tried with the console, and by making a lan game (exceptions)

Hotrod
July 25th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Type map_name solo_dangercanyon_l (l = L not i) with the console and it should work.

MNC
July 25th, 2007, 06:36 PM
The BSP for this will just be Dangercanyon. I'll just have to make up a funky name. XD I'm going to look at your ideas in a minute. I dunno if I'll continue with the storyline, but we'll see. But I'll run out of BSPs some time :P

Ralex123
July 26th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Can you put this map on Halomaps? Appreciate it.

Wizardman
July 26th, 2007, 01:37 PM
uh sorry about last post, it wasnt FINAL it was solo_dangercanoyon_j. but i think i will download this one.

MNC
July 26th, 2007, 03:52 PM
You should download it :awesome:

As for Halomaps, I'll be uploading right now.

TPE
July 26th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Wow i just got done and it kicked so much ass. though the music got kinda repetitive. over all it was very awesome.

DaaxGhost
July 27th, 2007, 12:45 AM
I like it, Good Job MNC!

MNC
July 31st, 2007, 10:45 AM
Anything people like in particular? Or dislike, for that matter.

Also, I updated the first page, I've got an HaloMaps link: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=3076

Con
July 31st, 2007, 11:59 AM
moar checkpoints :( I died at the room with the elites and went all the way back to the hunters grr rawr. Mb more checkpoints but also more enemies. Otherwise, really fun!

Masterz1337
July 31st, 2007, 12:59 PM
Do infinity next :).

Tweek
July 31st, 2007, 01:48 PM
do solosolo next, MASTERZ!

Ki11a_FTW
July 31st, 2007, 05:59 PM
Do infinity next :).

^ i was thiking that

And NMC, get a new gfx card

t3h m00kz
August 7th, 2007, 02:44 AM
Very good use of the voice acting.
I liked the scenery you added, the holograms in the middle were like "Whoa."
The Flood being in there was kinda cool.
Great music
Fluent animations
Great overall idea
Satisfied me when I finished ;)

I feel the Marines didn't help very much, never followed around where you wanted to go.
Slight lack of weapons.
Not very many checkpoints, very frustrating having to fight the hunters again after making it to the final room.
I felt like there should have been a powerup on the opposite side of the canyon, where the teleport and two turrets are.
The ending animation of the covenant drop ship clipped through the wall xD
The hologram in the middle doesn't do anything... to my knowledge. 0_o

Great work, hope to see more stuff like this ;)

StankBacon
August 11th, 2007, 06:39 AM
just played this..

it was pretty good, i enjoyed it.

but like conscars said, i died at the elites and went back to the hunters...lol

SMASH
August 11th, 2007, 09:04 AM
There was a bug I found with the flood, if I let them get close, they'd stop right in front of me and I'd just melee them 3 times and kill em.

Pooky
August 11th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Very good use of the voice acting.
I liked the scenery you added, the holograms in the middle were like "Whoa."
The Flood being in there was kinda cool.
Great music
Fluent animations
Great overall idea
Satisfied me when I finished ;)

I feel the Marines didn't help very much, never followed around where you wanted to go.
Slight lack of weapons.
Not very many checkpoints, very frustrating having to fight the hunters again after making it to the final room.
I felt like there should have been a powerup on the opposite side of the canyon, where the teleport and two turrets are.
The ending animation of the covenant drop ship clipped through the wall xD
The hologram in the middle doesn't do anything... to my knowledge. 0_o

Great work, hope to see more stuff like this ;)

I dont get why everyone's upset about the checkpoints... I never died once on this, on Legendary. It was easier than most of the Campaign.

Masterz1337
August 11th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Can anyone confirm if the AI throw nades in this map?

MNC
August 12th, 2007, 05:55 AM
They don't. Yet.

There are about 3 powerups hidden in the map so far, plus a Rocket on the beginning, but that's not really hiding it...

Gamerkd16
August 17th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Not sure if this is true or not, but I believe this guy is stealing your map and taking credit. Just thought I would like to tip you off about it.

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=3133

I played the entire map and it is exactly the same.

MNC
August 20th, 2007, 03:13 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

Gamerkd16
August 20th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

Possible rep? :D

DaaxGhost
August 22nd, 2007, 12:51 AM
I'd rep it up. :D

MNC
August 22nd, 2007, 01:48 PM
Meh. Dennis won't remove it, to tie in with the leaks-untrusty-own-fault kind of thing. Oh well, I don't blame him. You guys know which one is real.

Rosco
August 22nd, 2007, 03:48 PM
Meh. Dennis won't remove it, to tie in with the leaks-untrusty-own-fault kind of thing. Oh well, I don't blame him. You guys know which one is real.

Just ask him to rename the auther. :eyesroll:

Ki11a_FTW
August 30th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Dennis is a pain in the ass with that stuff, once my map was leaked a while ago and he wouldent change the name or nothing. "you should keep the map t yourself and trustworthy people:words::words:"

Gamerkd16
August 30th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Well he is managing a 130 terabyte server. Cut him some slack.

On a side note, MNC's wasn't a leak. It was already available for download, anyone could easily just download and then re-upload it.

MNC
September 20th, 2007, 09:13 AM
According to that guy, he apparently added some stuff. New "colors" for elites >_> I should feel honored. Maybe.

New update everyone. Check the first post.

nooBBooze
September 20th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Rapidshare hates me. :_(
If you hate me too, dont do anything about that. If you dont up it to halomaps pls.
And before you settle for anything, just remember: me gots the power to give yar reps! D:

MNC
September 20th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Harhar, the thing it, rapidshare has great upload speed for me :( And Halomaps doesn't. I'll upload it tomorrow, out of time for today.

I uploaded the new pictures, take a look and see if you even want to download.

nooBBooze
September 22nd, 2007, 11:23 AM
Is it up yet? [/pushy]

Oh and would u mind if i made a proposal?:
I think it really would make life easyier and this map funner if youd set heroic or even legendary as the standart difficulty. that way no dev haxing (yes, its really haxing for me as i merely use the console to ban ppl from my server and i dont feel like get sucked into this whole halo pro world too much) would be needed to change it to a more challenging diff.
Its really a shame playing on normal on this level. you just run through it, shoot some enemies [and even if you dont they cant do much damage] and really run through it until you eventually finish it waay too fast.

MNC
September 22nd, 2007, 01:09 PM
Tell you what. I can't really put it on legendary/heroic for the first time. Even though you guys might "pwn", there's always going to be people who think it's too hard for the first time. So I'm going to add a simple script that will put up the game difficulty a notch everytime you complete the level. That won't be much trouble, since the level is completed fast anyway.

Okay?

Edit: Also, no HaloMaps yet, I'm making some minor fixes to the map, including the difficulty thing.
The one biggest problem that I have is this: I've got several conversations in the map. Some work fine. But as soon as 1 doesn't work, the one after that fails to work too. But if I revert to my last checkpoint after the first convo that didn't work, I hear that conversation and the other ones that didn't work mixed up. After that every convo works again.
It looks like some sound cache trouble, but flush doesn't work. Isn't that big of a deal to progress through the level, but it would certainly add a touch of reality. Help is extremely appreciated.

jngrow
September 22nd, 2007, 02:02 PM
nvm.

MNC
September 22nd, 2007, 02:35 PM
If you downloaded the newest, the map is called solo_dangercanyon_m, not L.

Hotrod
September 22nd, 2007, 03:41 PM
Maybe you could add some new content in the final version, like weeapons, vehicles?

MNC
September 22nd, 2007, 03:51 PM
Wish I could, but I'd like to keep everything Halo related, (Some Halo 2/3 weapons would be nice) but I can do horsejack making of weapons and vehicles.

I did however, compiled my first JMS file this afternoon. Guess you should keep a sequel in mind ;)

Hotrod
September 23rd, 2007, 11:35 AM
Wish I could, but I'd like to keep everything Halo related, (Some Halo 2/3 weapons would be nice) but I can do horsejack making of weapons and vehicles.

I did however, compiled my first JMS file this afternoon. Guess you should keep a sequel in mind ;)

Ya, some Halo 2/3 weapons would be a good idea. A sequel would be nice, seeing that this mission isn't very long, but it's quite fun. I want to know what happens after the Elite escapes. Anyways, keep up the good work on this, and come out with a final soon enough.

MNC
September 23rd, 2007, 02:23 PM
A sequel is one of the biggest things I want to do. I also want to bring the story more into the map. I find it sad that I can't find a way to make conversations work properly. Yet. Conversations cutscenes and music is what I think really a way to connect you to the story. If you can call this having a "story".

But with the freedom of a custom BSP I can definitely work something out.
Also, anyone have a beam rifle or carbine laying around? ;)

Ki11a_FTW
September 30th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Yeah, but i dont think you want them. I have some from kenney's headlong beta map he let me use but i cant give them to the public. If you want the old tags rip them form cold rush :haw:

im gonna get CE again just to play this

Is there much added?

MNC
September 30th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Yeah, it has a more complete feel to it, alot of things were missing from the previous beta.

Also, I think Dennis rejected the beta from halomaps, I think cos I forgot to include my email >_>

Ki11a_FTW
September 30th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Its on halomaps

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=3243

i played it, it was fun. You gatta add a part after the commander escapes from the dropship. Like mb make the flood attack everything, and you have to escape

Abdurahman
September 30th, 2007, 06:29 PM
I always try to start it on a lan server but everytime it gives me exceptions! How do I play it?

Ki11a_FTW
September 30th, 2007, 07:29 PM
in console type map_name solo_dangercanyon_m

Abdurahman
September 30th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Ah ok Thanks a lot!

Vernancelet
October 4th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Mine doesnt work. It gives me exceptions for some reason. :(

jeffro11
October 5th, 2007, 01:44 AM
read 2 posts up. you get an exception if you host as a MP game.

Gamerkd16
October 14th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Well that GameGodLazy uploaded a video of "his" map to youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDyiH2noC1c

Damn, that video sucks.

MNC
October 14th, 2007, 02:23 PM
You certainly know how to find this kind of stuff xD
I really should start protecting my maps... Need to spread some before givin'.

Well, he gave me credit, look for his topic on Halomaps. Ignore my first comment on that video... I think people will hate me for that for not looking around first ><

Shadow5561
October 15th, 2007, 02:41 PM
I just played the map:embarrassed: But anyway I was impressed.

The cutscenes were better then most. In most cutscenes that are fan made they just have the camera hovering around the chief or that stage or something. Your cutscene actually had the chief move.

The stage was fun but was really short and kinda easy.

Johnson and his squad get killed way to easily.

The flood were easy, the sword elite in camo sucked because I'm a good sniper and I had a sniper and killed him.

The ending I thought the chief was going to jump on the dropship but he didn't (couldn't be that cool could it?).

The part where you have to destroy the covenant turrents was easy, I just threw a plasma at one then that blew up and a banshee came down, I grabbed that and basicly I could dominate all the covenant.

The wraiths I just threw a couple plasmas on it and that blew up.

The crashed pelican added a nice touch to the stage.

Overall for a final beta it was pretty good. Not the best but it was good (kinda easy :p).

MNC
October 15th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Banshee problem noted, I've done that sometimes myself :P
As for the easy part, I've added snipers, which can be a pain in the butt. And in Heroic? Damn, 2 hit kills. And you know how triggerhappy Jackals are...
Wraiths, you just threw a couple of grenades... Well, sorry, that's just the way the Wraiths are made.

Marines are just there for a bit of story reference... They don't do that much, except for that rocket dude that tends to hit you more than the enemy...

Glad you liked it, though.

Pooky
October 15th, 2007, 09:38 PM
The wraiths I just threw a couple plasmas on it and that blew up.

What difficulty were you on, it takes quite a bit more than 2 stickies to blow up a Wraith on Legendary

Shadow5561
October 18th, 2007, 05:55 AM
What difficulty were you on, it takes quite a bit more than 2 stickies to blow up a Wraith on Legendary

I don't knwo, I just type map_name (map name here) then click enter. I think it was normal.

MNC
October 18th, 2007, 07:19 AM
If you want something harder, start the map, type game_difficulty_set hard and then map_name solo_dangercanyon_m again. If you want legendary, type impossible instead of hard.