PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a keyboard

}_50Æ{_|ñeا†«O
July 24th, 2007, 04:07 PM
So, in all that, I gforgot to get anew keyboard. I need something with high quality keys, and some of those volume controls and fancy displays. Weee doesssn't caaree abouuttt the priccccce.

Zeph
July 24th, 2007, 04:14 PM
You shouldn't care about features. Get a keyboard that your hands properly fit in and is comfortable for you.

Rob Oplawar
July 24th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Weee doesssn't caaree abouuttt the priccccce.

orly?

http://www.maltron-usa.com/twohand.htm

Atty
July 24th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Optimus Keyboard then.

G15 too. :-3

Stealth
July 24th, 2007, 06:11 PM
hell, get a role up keyboard. heh thouse things look cool. but not as cool as stainless steel keyboard.

Con
July 24th, 2007, 06:14 PM
hell, get a role up keyboard. heh thouse things look cool. but not as cool as stainless steal keyboard.
Stainless steal keyboard?

Does that mean I could steal it from you and leave no trace? :-3

jahrain
July 24th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Stainless steal keyboard?
Lol stainless steal keyboard. Don't want to stain your keyboard much? :-3

legionaire45
July 24th, 2007, 07:00 PM
I have a G15, its is awesome but there isn't as much support for the LCD as I would like. The CPU/Ram usage meter is absolutely awesome though.

Dr Dmoney
July 24th, 2007, 07:10 PM
the g11 is the same as the g15 other than it does not have the lcd screen.

TPE
July 24th, 2007, 09:46 PM
I have a G15, epic keyboard. it lights up to my music :awesome:

Its actually a good deal for the price. some of those MS MC keyboards are like $120

Mr Buckshot
July 24th, 2007, 10:53 PM
I use a 1990's keyboard that connects via a PS/2 connection (I'm amazed my cyberpower desktop actually has that port). It cost $20 when I bought it. The ink on the number pad keys is a little faded but still legible.

Seriously, what is up with all these fancy expensive keyboards? To me, they're just overpriced junk that's meant to be shown off to the less fortunate. The only reason for me to upgrade will be when my old keyboard finally stops working. I mean, I don't think a fancy keyboard will give me an advantage in gaming or anything. Same goes for my mouse - cost $10. I know that some of these newer keyboards have LCD screens and special hotkeys and the like, but really, how often would you use those? Hell, I don't even use my number pad very often...

50, I recommend you stick with whatever keyboard you have unless it's broken or is really that uncomfortable. Money may be no object to you, but if I were you I'd take that money and buy new video games.

Rob Oplawar
July 25th, 2007, 09:45 AM
srsly tho, I recommend a wireless Logitech. The keys are generally nice and quiet, they're pretty cheap, and the batteries last about 6 months, in my experience. I think it's worth replacing batteries every once in a while to have the convenience of a keyboard that isn't tied down to the back of your computer. Of course wireless is a relative term, because you still have to have the receiver plugged in, and the keyboard needs a rough line of sight on it to operate.

Pooky
July 25th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Seriously, what is up with all these fancy expensive keyboards? To me, they're just overpriced junk that's meant to be shown off to the less fortunate.

Or, it could be because people like things that look pretty, and I personally use all the functions of my G15 constantly, especially the switch that disables the windows key.

mR_r0b0to
July 27th, 2007, 09:11 AM
:D
Logitech G11 (that on-keyboard screen isn't worth the extra $30 or so :p)
Logitech MX1000 (awesome mouse)

I liek it cause everything matches. and they're comfortable.

Warsaw
July 27th, 2007, 12:04 PM
I use a Saitek Eclipse I. The back lit keys come in handy when the ambient lights are switched off. There are several models, including an Eclipse II. The keys won't wear off, and the board is comfortable. I has three volume control buttons (I don't use them) and a keyboard brightness control.

As for the mouse, I use a RAZER Plasma Diamondback in blue. The 1600dpi is quick and responsive, and the mouse is comfortable (to me anyways).

Cortexian
July 27th, 2007, 10:38 PM
I use a Saitek Eclipse I. The back lit keys come in handy when the ambient lights are switched off. There are several models, including an Eclipse II. The keys won't wear off, and the board is comfortable. I has three volume control buttons (I don't use them) and a keyboard brightness control.

As for the mouse, I use a RAZER Plasma Diamondback in blue. The 1600dpi is quick and responsive, and the mouse is comfortable (to me anyways).
We use the same keyboard :awesome:. Only reason I didn't grab an Eclipse II is cause I thought the silver finish was ugly.

I kinda want a G15 because I'm getting into MMORPG games now, and those G keys look mighty helpful.

Warsaw
July 28th, 2007, 12:50 AM
I want the same keyboard I have now, only in the silver finish with black keys. I want to turn my whole system into what I dub the "quicksilver" look, where everything is silver and glows blue.

Cortexian
July 28th, 2007, 04:45 PM
I want the same keyboard I have now, only in the silver finish with black keys. I want to turn my whole system into what I dub the "quicksilver" look, where everything is silver and glows blue.
Then get the Eclipse II, it's chrome, and you can select blue backlight.

http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/images/product/pcp/eclipse2.jpg

Hell, screw the G15, just hook me up with one of these:
http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/images/product/pcp/compad.jpg
http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/cupro.htm

Warsaw
July 28th, 2007, 08:52 PM
The Eclipse II is pretty nifty, but the straightness of the wrist rest kills it...

As for the game keypad, I'll stick to my normal "WASD-ECX" setup.