PDA

View Full Version : Object Properties in 3DS Max 8

boltdwright
July 24th, 2007, 10:21 PM
I was wondering how to fix this one bug I've been hating and another bug. The first one is that I want to change highlighted sections of the square to be in a solid color not this mesh color as in the picture below
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k267/Wright_D/Problem1.jpg

And another problem I wanted to fix is when I'm finshed extruding a section of polygons and want to attach them to the wall, I did the first step and delete the face, but when i go to select the vertices to make the new Face a line connects them, but when i get to a corner i see a doted triangle line, how do i fix that?

If you guys could help me in anyway that would be awesome. As some of you already know I'm new to this and just wanting to get a little help then I wont be bugging you guys as much....Thanks

-Wright

Llama Juice
July 25th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Watch a few modeling tutorials, it doesn't matter if they're Halo related or not, just watch some "Beginning 3ds max" videos.

Your first problem you were talkin about.... I'm not really sure if I inderstood you correctly.. but... try hitting F2

Good luck!

boltdwright
July 25th, 2007, 05:36 PM
what does F2 do? And for modeling should I use edible Mesh or Poly

Vicky
July 25th, 2007, 06:17 PM
what does F2 do? And for modeling should I use edible Mesh or Poly
F2 keeps selected what you have selected without turning it red, so you'll see the original color (in ur sreenshot somewhat beige color). I believe h2v doesn't like polys so prefferably use meshes, or convert your polys back to meshes.

Ki11a_FTW
July 25th, 2007, 10:46 PM
F2 is also good for saving fps

boltdwright
July 25th, 2007, 10:55 PM
okay ty for your help!

Do any of you have help on how to fix the second problem with the verticies?

boltdwright
July 29th, 2007, 07:29 PM
okay. Is this s GFX card problem or is there a way to make whats selected in RED to look like whats selected in green. Its really jaged and changes to what the green highlighted area looks like when I change the view. you know whats going on?
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k267/Wright_D/Problemwith3ds.jpg

Bastinka
July 29th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Thats just a low poly quick render that 3ds max makes to save FPS and stop your pc from lagging up.

boltdwright
July 30th, 2007, 09:58 AM
any way to fix it?