PDA

View Full Version : Sun in custom sky

Rentafence
July 25th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Im trying to make a cusotm sky and all is going well, but I have a problem wit the sun. I placed the marker in max outside of the sky itself with all the planets and what, but when im actually in Sapien moving around with the camera, I noticed the sun seemed to cchange positions, so I moved closer to it and I was able to actually move all around it, in back, above, around, ect. It seemed like it was just sitting inside the sky just a bit away from the map, unlike all the planets that are unreachable. How do I fix this? Is there some other way to make a sun other than a marker with a lens flare?

Ki11a_FTW
July 25th, 2007, 05:19 PM
could make it a glowing bitmap :-/

demonmaster3k
July 25th, 2007, 05:33 PM
it would have to have a lense flare to actually be believable tho

Bastinka
July 25th, 2007, 08:26 PM
it would have to have a lense flare to actually be believable tho
Jeez, your sig breaks the rules.

could make it a glowing bitmap :-/
True, thats always an option.

kenney001
July 25th, 2007, 08:44 PM
you do not controll the sun with a marker. You controll the sun at the bottom of your sky tag under "lights". look at existing ones to see what settings to use.

you controll where it is with the direction controlls: Y is how far around the Z axis to rotate it, or Yaw or in other words how many degrees left or right. and P is how far to rotate it on the Y or X axis, or how far up in the sky it is.

TO make the sun appear to be a ......sun and not just a point of radiosity, you just add a lens flare, but dont specify a marker or else it will not appear.

Rentafence
July 25th, 2007, 08:51 PM
you do not controll the sun with a marker. You controll the sun at the bottom of your sky tag under "lights". look at existing ones to see what settings to use.

you controll where it is with the direction controlls: Y is how far around the Z axis to rotate it, or Yaw or in other words how many degrees left or right. and P is how far to rotate it on the Y or X axis, or how far up in the sky it is.

TO make the sun appear to be a ......sun and not just a point of radiosity, you just add a lens flare, but dont specify a marker or else it will not appear.

Thanks, that solved my problem.