PDA

View Full Version : Adding a custom animation?

Jay2645
July 25th, 2007, 04:43 PM
OK, so say I want to make a custom riding position for a vehicle that MC is going to sit on. How would I go about making that, like how many keyframes would it be, and how many animations do I need to make? I'm trying to make MC sit on his Mongoose and grab the handlebars correctly. Also, how would I go about exporting a biped animation? Blitzkrieg doesn't work for those, since they don't have a frame, and linking them to Bip01 doesn't work.

FRain
July 25th, 2007, 04:59 PM
OK, so say I want to make a custom riding position for a vehicle that MC is going to sit on. How would I go about making that, like how many keyframes would it be, and how many animations do I need to make? I'm trying to make MC sit on his Mongoose and grab the handlebars correctly. Look around in TheGhost's tutorial resource, I know I found something there. Also, how would I go about exporting a biped animation? Blitzkrieg doesn't work for those, since they don't have a frame, and linking them to Bip01 doesn't work. Blitzkrieg can export .jma .jmo .jmm .jmt .jmr. *those are animation files*

CtrlAltDestroy
July 25th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Blitzkrieg can export biped systems (both model and animation).

Jay2645
July 25th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Funny thing is, when I try to export, I get the "There is no geometry to export" error I normally get when I try to export something without a frame. If I get rid of everything except the bone structure and try to export the animation, I get a "There are no actors to export" error. I don't know why it does that.
I looked at TheGhost's tutorial resource, and I don't think I saw anything, but I'll look again.

Choking Victim
July 25th, 2007, 09:36 PM
if you used theghosts gbxmodel importer to import the bones you'll need to change all the names of the bones from bip01 to frame, like instead of "bip01 pelvis", it would be "frame pelvis". Be sure to link your model geometry to the pelvis bone too, though that shouldn't matter for animations iirc.

Jay2645
July 26th, 2007, 12:26 AM
Ah, thanks. That worked.
What animations do I need to do for something such as MC in a vehicle? Right now I just have him sitting in it.

CtrlAltDestroy
July 26th, 2007, 12:58 AM
* enter.JMM
* exit.JMM
* unarmed idle.JMA

* represents your seat label name.

Jay2645
July 26th, 2007, 02:59 AM
Ok, thanks.

FRain
July 26th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Okay, Jay has agreed for me to do those three animations for the mongoose.... Welll........... I have done the enter animation using a rigged mc. There is no #right hand or #left hand or #left foot etc on the biped. Do I have to add those in? Also, do I have to have the Bip01/Frame01 in the animation? Or not?

CtrlAltDestroy
July 26th, 2007, 08:23 PM
1. Markers aren't even recorded in animation data.
2. Yes.

FRain
July 26th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Is it called Frame01 or Frame?

Choking Victim
July 26th, 2007, 08:36 PM
you do not need to add the bip01 bone, a biped system creates it for you, theghosts importer doesn't need one, just change all bone names to 'frame _____' (the blank space is the bones name) then export.

FRain
July 26th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Okay, on a completely unrelated note, I am exporting SMG animations FP (the reload specifically) and I get export module failure when I hit export.... Any ideas?

Jay2645
July 26th, 2007, 09:28 PM
I tried to do it myself, and I exported the animations successfully as frame01, ect., but when I try to compile my map with them, the map says that the model and animations are different, so it won't animate. Any fixes?