PDA

View Full Version : 9800 GTX info

mech
July 25th, 2007, 10:10 PM
1. By Q4 2007 (Xmas) NVIDIA will be releasing their GeForce 9800 series GPUs.
Unlike previously expected the codename for nVidia's next generation GPU will NOT be "G90" but instead be "G92".

I have some info form NVIDIA insider about the upcoming G92 graphics processors.

G92 will be released in November 2007 timeframe in the form of "GeForce 9800" series.

"G92" GeForce 9800 GTX specs.

- 65nm process technology at TSMC.
- Over one billion transistors.
- Second Generation Unified Shader Architecture.
- Double precsion support (FP64).
- GPGPU native.
- Over one TeraFLOPS of shader processing power.
- MADD+ADD configuration for the shader untis (2+1 FLOPS=3 FLOPS per ALU)
- Fully Scalar design.
- 512-bit memory interface.
- 1024MB GDDR4 graphics memory.
- DirectX 10.1 support.
- OpenGL 3.0 Support.
- eDRAM die for "FREE 4xAA".
- built in Audio Chip.
- built in tesselation unit (in the graphics core"
- Improved AA and AF quality levels

Pros.

65nm process will allow for better yields and better power consumption. power consumption will be lower than that of a GeForce 8800 GTX.

GeForce 9800 GTX will be over two times faster than a GeForce 8800 Ultra in real world games and applcations.

Release date : November 2007. There will be TWO products at launch: The flagship GeForce 9800 GTX and the second fastest GeForce 9800 GTS.

price for the GeForce 9800 GTX will be 549-649 USD.

price for the GeForce 9800 GTS will be 399-449 USD.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/discussion/3953.html (http://www.xbitlabs.com/discussion/3953.html)

Cool, now to get some money.

I don't want to by a new mobo :saddowns:

FRain
July 25th, 2007, 10:14 PM
You know, I really thought they will have gone somewhere else in a different series because now people are going to get confused between ATI 9800 or GeForce 9800.

legionaire45
July 25th, 2007, 10:52 PM
You know, I really thought they will have gone somewhere else in a different series because now people are going to get confused between ATI 9800 or GeForce 9800.
No. Just no.

ATI doesn't produce, market or advertise that card anymore. There is no way you can mix them up unless your a time traveling retard from when Half Life 2 first came out.

Imma be getting myself a Geforce 9800 and will be like this when I install it:
sT66fnzQ-Bs.

Terin
July 25th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Audio chip? I guess the next card is going to be able to play HHDDVVBBDVDs and MP48s...

Con
July 25th, 2007, 11:22 PM
Imma be getting myself a Geforce 9800 and will be like this when I install it:
wtf did that kid get, pokemen or something?

bleach
July 25th, 2007, 11:48 PM
ATI 9800 - If you have this card, donate it to the Salvation Army. You should (and can) get a better AGP or PCI-Express video card. < Nvidia Geforce 9800 - Geforce 9 series...the next best offerings of Nvidia?

Warsaw
July 26th, 2007, 01:12 AM
ATI and AMD really need to step up their game. They are getting hammered by nVidia and Intel.

FRain
July 26th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Audio chip? I guess the next card is going to be able to play HHDDVVBBDVDs and MP48s...

Damn you I was about to post that...\

Also, it's HHDDWDDBVD. :eng101:

Masterz1337
July 26th, 2007, 01:40 AM
Bah, and I just bought my 8800. How big is the 9800 going to be anyway?

DaneO'Roo
July 26th, 2007, 01:47 AM
fuck Ati, I've always been a Nvidia hoe.

this is awesome

FRain
July 26th, 2007, 01:54 AM
1337, dream PC specs updated.

mech
July 26th, 2007, 02:16 AM
It's probably going to be about the same size as an 8800 series card.

I'm probably going to sell my card and save up for this one, it's a beast.

Damn step up is only 90 days ;_________________________________________________ ;

Amit
July 26th, 2007, 10:12 AM
HAHAHA, good thing I didn't buy that 8800GTS.

Cortexian
July 26th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Aww, not much more then the 8800 GTX, I shoulda waited.

EDIT: Nvm, I <3 Memory Express, they have an optional "step-up" type program, for one full year on their BFG cards. <3.

AAA
July 26th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Damn, and it wasn't long ago their 8800 came out, these guys are fast....Well, we can expect some pretty kickass shit from the future consoles. Future consoles are always the ones that bring the most awesome games and then bring it straight to computer.

EDIT: Were these specs comfirmed?...

Limited
July 26th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Damn, sounds sexi. Dont worry masters it will give you time to save up for it lol..

wtf did that kid get, pokemen or something?Or some other card game thingy.

If I was there I'd have taken it off him, ripped it up and watch him cry :)

Dr Dmoney
July 26th, 2007, 07:48 PM
I have a 8800gts 640mb. I am going to wait until the 10 or 11 series comes out. No need for a upgrade unless it is substantial

DaneO'Roo
July 26th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Damn, sounds sexi. Dont worry masters it will give you time to save up for it lol..

Or some other card game thingy.

the kid got a blastoise

cmon, who WOULDNT be happy

Cortexian
July 26th, 2007, 08:19 PM
the kid got a blastoise

cmon, who WOULDNT be happy
Me, Blastoise are mean and annoying, the little turtle they spawn from are much more adorable.

Con
July 26th, 2007, 08:26 PM

Or some other card game thingy.

haha, I would pay to see that

}_50Æ{_|ñeا†«O
July 26th, 2007, 09:29 PM
This is ridiculous IMO. They're really jumping the bandwagon. Most monitors have refresh rates of 100 Hz, so getting 250 frames is pointless.

Xetsuei
July 26th, 2007, 09:33 PM
This is ridiculous IMO. They're really jumping the bandwagon. Most monitors have refresh rates of 75 Hz, so getting 250 frames is pointless.

ftfy

Atty
July 26th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Actually, LCD standards changed this year. It should be 100Hz all around.

legionaire45
July 26th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Xetsuei™;109487']

This is ridiculous IMO. They're really jumping the bandwagon. Most monitors have refresh rates of 100 Hz, so getting 250 frames is pointless.
ftfy

This is ridiculous IMO. They're really jumping the bandwagon. Most LCD monitors have refresh rates of 60-75 Hz, and CRTs from 65 to in the 100's so getting 250 frames is pointless.
ftfy.

and who gives a flying fuck if we can't see over that many frames, thats not the reason we spend $800-1000 on something that will be outdated in 6 months to a year. Its all about the e-peen growth of being able to say "I GET 10,000 FPS IN HALF LIFE 2!"

AAA
July 26th, 2007, 09:51 PM
My montior goes 75Hz but, on games, I keep it at 60Hz.....Not satisfied with the computer I got, but it's a computer...and Halo works on it. I can ask for this baby on Christmas =D

}_50Æ{_|ñeا†«O
July 26th, 2007, 09:56 PM
It will be a long time even before the games are so graphically demandanding that the frame rates GeFroce 8800 produces will approach the monitiorrs capabilitirs. Probably 2 years. The GeForce 8800 was already way over powered. 700+ Mb of video memry? Most games want a third of that?

Zeph
July 26th, 2007, 09:57 PM
This proves to be very confusing as earlier it was said it didn't have 1 TF of processing power. It was close, but it said it didn't have it.

Cortexian
July 26th, 2007, 10:04 PM
It will be a long time even before the games are so graphically demandanding that the frame rates GeFroce 8800 produces will approach the monitiorrs capabilitirs. Probably 2 years. The GeForce 8800 was already way over powered. 700+ Mb of video memry? Most games want a third of that?
Crysis falls out of the "Most games" category.

}_50Æ{_|ñeا†«O
July 26th, 2007, 10:05 PM
This should have been introduced in another 2 or 3 years, when there might be a demand for it.

[Jamaican accent]They be cranking out dem video cards faster than those game makers can make games[/Jamaican accent]

Crysis falls out of the "Most games" category.
Crysis isn't rerpresentative of the average game currently, more like the average game in a year. And plus, even a single 8800 GTX will be able to run thegame maxxed out on full settings.

Warsaw
July 26th, 2007, 10:44 PM
However, Unreal Championship 3 might require such a demanding card with the level of detail present in the game. Even Unreal Tournament 2004 can bring my GeForce 7800GT to a slow walk on a couple of its Assault style maps. If that is any indication of a trend, I suspect that a single 8800GTX may not be able to run it (UC 3) on maximum without hiccuping frequently enough to get annoying.

TheGhost
July 26th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Niiice. I'm loving it. Every year around Christmas time these come out. It's a shame that I seem to buy a new graphics card every year though.

legionaire45
July 26th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Niiice. I'm loving it. Every year around Christmas time these come out. It's a shame that I seem to buy a new graphics card every year though.
Its not a shame, its an obsession <3.

And if I remember correctly games like Call of Jaurez maxed out still make 8800's lag. Trust me, within 6 months to a year the 8800's will be lagging.

Atty
July 26th, 2007, 11:01 PM
Yeah, CoJ made 8800's wimper with some extra AA. The free 4xAA sounds nice though.

et_cg
July 26th, 2007, 11:36 PM
BLASTOID!!!! MUAHAHAA.... lol, I loved that video.

But yeah, when does Nvidia ever slow down? Never. They come out with all these good little candy treats that cost as much as it will to raise our first children.

As for it being a good thing, it is. They keep making good moves, imo.

Zeph
July 26th, 2007, 11:49 PM
You people saying this hardware is way ahead of the games in development now are correct. What you dont realize or mention is that games are developed for the visible hardware. Afterall, how can you put into production what you can not create. Great leaps in hardware will quickly be followed by great leaps in software. Game developers would have used 1GB of memory for GPU utilization ten years ago if it was available.

Dr. Laura Schlessinger
July 27th, 2007, 12:07 AM
What happened to the good old age of gaming where the parents could enjoy a game of Pong with their children? Now, these games come on "2 teraflop" diskettes and whatnot and frankly, they are too complicated. It has bred a society of "teenage wasteland" where if you dont know a "9000Geoforce" from an "intel 92g" from one another then you are instantly herded off into a section where "forum members" horrifically e-bully the "lower class".

What happened to the good old days where kids went outside, saw the sun, played hopscotch and played hide and seek? Society really is on a moral low.

FRain
July 27th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Actually, I still do. Maybe not hopscotch and hide and seek, but I do go outside, on a trampoline. Maybe I'll go swimming. Who knows? All I say is that you being here saying that we have no life is incorrect. We all have one, we just spend lots of time here in a community.

Phopojijo
July 27th, 2007, 12:17 AM
However, Unreal Championship 3 might require such a demanding card with the level of detail present in the game. Even Unreal Tournament 2004 can bring my GeForce 7800GT to a slow walk on a couple of its Assault style maps. If that is any indication of a trend, I suspect that a single 8800GTX may not be able to run it (UC 3) on maximum without hiccuping frequently enough to get annoying.
(and a bit of a bitchslap) Its Unreal Tournament 3, they're not planning an Unreal Championship game... not even for the Xbox 360.

But yea -- it can get a bit heavy under high load if you have a very texture-intensive game with a very HDR-intensive framebuffer set.

Dr. Laura Schlessinger
July 27th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Actually, I still do. Maybe not hopscotch and hide and seek, but I do go outside, on a trampoline. Maybe I'll go swimming. Who knows? All I say is that you being here saying that we have no life is incorrect. We all have one, we just spend lots of time here in a community.

Young man, (hopefully you are still young and haven't wasted your life up already) can you tell me your real name? I am just trying to help heal this "community" with some words of knowledge--i understand that you might not be warm to my teachings but its only in your best interest, and if you ignore and push it away then you're only hurting yourself. I wish that you wouldn't do that!

Xegrot
July 27th, 2007, 12:22 AM
What happened to the good old days where kids went outside, saw the sun, played hopscotch and played hide and seek? Society really is on a moral low.

I get to go outside and see the sun every day... in the hottest hours of the day... on a track... for the next two weeks...

Darn-ded summer school. I should have taken P.E. freshman year. :(

et_cg
July 27th, 2007, 12:25 AM
I get to go outside and see the sun every day... in the hottest hours of the day... on a track... for the next two weeks...

Darn-ded summer school. I should have taken P.E. freshman year. :(

Haha, my last week of summer school is next week. It feels like it's been going all summer. The class is called "Wellness."

On another side note, I ride my bike around 15 miles everday, I at least run a mile, I walk half a mile or more, and at home I make constant checkups outside.

Yeah, I've been going to summer school for five weeks, and it's two sessions I've had to go to. English, which was making up for a lost credit in my 3 high school transitions. And Wellness, which is a course they never offered in my other schools.

OmegaDragon
July 27th, 2007, 12:38 AM

Basically what you just said that the people in this froum do not have a life out of the internet, but you are completely wrong.

The people in this forum know when they need to take a break from the computer and go outside to do something other than sit in a chair watching whatever they find on the internet. They may not be playing hopscotch or hide and seek, but they go out with their friends to see a movie or just hang out.

And the bit about the e-bullying, is a bit too exaggerated. I have no idea where you got that we outcast those who don't know the difference, if you are referring to the posts in this topic, then that is but a mere debate between the power and functionality of the cards.

I just got reminded of that guy that came here complaining about us, telling us that we need to get off our computers and see the outside for once a few months ago. What was his name?

Zeph
July 27th, 2007, 12:52 AM
on topic now

Warsaw
July 27th, 2007, 12:54 AM
(and a bit of a bitchslap) Its Unreal Tournament 3, they're not planning an Unreal Championship game... not even for the Xbox 360.

But yea -- it can get a bit heavy under high load if you have a very texture-intensive game with a very HDR-intensive framebuffer set.

Unreal Tournament 2007 was renamed Unreal Championship 3 last I heard :confused:.

OmegaDragon
July 27th, 2007, 01:02 AM
Unreal Tournament 2007 was renamed Unreal Championship 3 last I heard :confused:.

Phopo is right, they did change it to Unreal Tournament 3.

Warsaw
July 27th, 2007, 01:10 AM
Ah, that is news to me. Thanks for the update :p.

They need to settle on a name.

Boba
July 31st, 2007, 08:36 PM
Young man, (hopefully you are still young and haven't wasted your life up already) can you tell me your real name? I am just trying to help heal this "community" with some words of knowledge--i understand that you might not be warm to my teachings but its only in your best interest, and if you ignore and push it away then you're only hurting yourself. I wish that you wouldn't do that!
Is some king of joke going on that I'm not aware of? Sorry to go off topic Zeph, but I'm kind of, uh, confused on whats happening here.

Roostervier
July 31st, 2007, 08:51 PM
It is someone imitating this idiotic, babbling liberal. In the past, this person insulted the whole community, claiming we were wasting our lives or that we are all socially crippled. She also said that some members mother called her and spoke about this board, and she is now trying to "help us."

Boba
July 31st, 2007, 08:53 PM
It is someone imitating this idiotic, babbling liberal.
Oh. I thought it was some inside joke. A stupid inside joke. Anyway, carry on with the topic, sorry to bother you guys.

Warsaw
August 1st, 2007, 01:00 AM
Actually, Schlessinger is an idiotic, babbling conservative. I did my research as soon as I saw the name. Not that I have anything against Jewish people, but she is the definition of "useless Jew."

ExAm
August 1st, 2007, 06:10 AM
The short-sightedness of some "intellectuals" baffles me.

Emmzee
August 2nd, 2007, 01:59 PM
Actually, Schlessinger is an idiotic, babbling conservative. I did my research as soon as I saw the name. Not that I have anything against Jewish people, but she is the definition of "useless Jew."
Know what happened to the Jews?

The Holocaust.
:godwin:

legionaire45
August 2nd, 2007, 07:23 PM
Know what happened to the Jews?

The Holocaust.
:godwin:
lollerskates.
http://fukung.net/images/3889/Pope&#37;20Evil.jpg
Darth Ratzinger agrees.

And to be honest, Nvidia and ATI have been slow as of later. ATI had trouble getting R500 and R600 out the door on time, and Nvidia has been twiddling its thumbs it seems. Normally both would stay on a 6 month new product/product update cycle, but it seems this trend is no more. Whether it be due to AMD internal politics or Nvidia being fat headed due to the 8 series or a little bit of both.

Dal
August 2nd, 2007, 11:33 PM
Dammit!

Would anybody like to purchase a very near-new 8800 GTX? >.>

Xetsuei
August 3rd, 2007, 01:22 AM
Does anyone want two fairly new eVGA 8800GTX KO ACS3s? >_>

ExAm
August 3rd, 2007, 02:21 AM
Dammit!

Would anybody like to purchase a very near-new 8800 GTX? >.>How much? :P

Skiiran
August 3rd, 2007, 02:27 AM
Xetsuei™;131061']Does anyone want two fairly new eVGA 8800GTX KO ACS3s? >_>
How much?

ExAm
August 3rd, 2007, 04:14 AM
Me first >:U

mech
August 3rd, 2007, 10:45 AM
I'll take it Xet :)

Dal
August 4th, 2007, 06:43 AM
$480?

flibitijibibo
August 13th, 2007, 05:08 AM
I'll take one!

Warsaw
August 19th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Actually, if it were by God and patented by Jesus, the specifications would say only the following:

-Limitless potential and possibilities.