PDA

View Full Version : Error correction

Reiper
July 26th, 2007, 09:14 AM
I have not been able to find help on correcting errors during the structure stage of mapbuilding and am now requesting some concerning what to do with .wrl files. Thank you in advance.

Bastinka
July 26th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Import them into 3ds max, it'll prompt you with a little thing that has 3 checkboxes. Make sure to uncheckmark all of them, then click ok. Look for the colors that the errors cave you.

CtrlAltDestroy
July 26th, 2007, 09:17 AM
First, what are the errors that the tool prompt gives you?

Reiper
July 27th, 2007, 03:22 AM
Here's a sample error: ### ERROR found z buffered triangles (red)
I have to provide this one even though I'm not actually sure its a significant one, i.e. the only issue I have with the model in Sapien is that the ground has no texture and turns out solid green, because in my delerious state, I deleted the previous .jms which had the errors, and I am reluctant to reexport it for the reason that it takes about an hour. From memory however, I believe the errors were something like this: ### ERROR edge 23542 (some error). I am sure that it was not an open edge issue.

Reiper
July 27th, 2007, 11:49 PM
I would like to bring my last post about the z buffered triangles error back to current attention as it has received no feedback and I am quite anxious to continue editing that map.