PDA

View Full Version : Your names

}_50Æ{_|ñeا†«O
July 26th, 2007, 12:57 PM
How did you think of yours?

50 AE is the caliber for a Desert Eagle.. Because I consider weapons to be one of the most important aspects in an FPS game.

Neo.. Well, I just think that style is very important in games too..

And as for al the symbols.. I'm related to the vikings...

Atty
July 26th, 2007, 12:58 PM
My name was given to me by the Gods, hence my Godly nature. :downs:

Aerowyn
July 26th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Aerowyn... ah, jeez, everyone asks about how I got my username.

Most people think I got it from LotR.

Aerowyn is a character in a story of mine (that I haven't written yet), and I came up with the name by accident while playing Gauntlet Legends for N64.

The archer character's name was "Aero" I think, and I wanted to change it but I ended up mashing buttons and a "w" showed up. Trying to fix that turned into a "y", then I figured that was kinda cool and put the "n" on the end.

Voila. Aerowyn.

}_50Æ{_|ñeا†«O
July 26th, 2007, 01:05 PM
OT : How do you change the titles under your name?

Dole
July 26th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Go into User CP at the top right corner of this page, click "Edit Profile" at the left-hand side display, and then go to "Change User Title" near the top of the page.

Anyway, Dole is a memorial (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=108068&postcount=11).

Lightning
July 26th, 2007, 01:18 PM
I'll give anyone 5 guesses as to what my last name is, and that in turn will explain my username.

:P

(Aerowyn, you don't count D: )

Aerowyn
July 26th, 2007, 01:19 PM
I'll give anyone 5 guesses as to what my last name is, and that in turn will explain my username.

I DO SO COUNT. D:

*runs off crying*

Rentafence
July 26th, 2007, 01:33 PM
So once upon a time, http://www.rentafence.ie/

And thats how I got my name. The end.

Emmzee
July 26th, 2007, 01:34 PM
My name is Robert Stengel. I live in Moline, Illinois. Come molest my house.

On topic: My name is lost in the sands of time. I think I got it while thinking up a name for Ocarina of Time. People keep stealing my name. It makes me sad.

JunkfoodMan
July 26th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Well, My name originated from the game Age of Mythology.
There was a cheat, called JUNK FOOD NIGHT which gave you 1000 Food. I signed up for a website (I forgot which one) And made it into JunkfoodMan.

Reaper Man
July 26th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Terry Pratchett book, Reaper Man, I used it when I was still new to Halo and changed names on average every week, but this one stuck.

CtrlAltDestroy
July 26th, 2007, 01:51 PM

Bolt. ;d

Lightning
July 26th, 2007, 01:53 PM
.. ffs D:

IPBJT!
July 26th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Mine is really obvious.

InnerGoat
July 26th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Rec0 graced my with his wisdom... or something.

Reaper Man
July 26th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Mine is really obvious.
Quite, it stands for "I prefer big, juicy tits" amirite?

Con
July 26th, 2007, 02:09 PM
I'm sure I've told most of you this story before, so I'll make it simple:

Con's Cars: http://conscars.vze.com/

back like 4 years ago I used to make cars for Need For Speed, the name just stuck. I guess it wasn't a very creative name at first, but I saw this dude's site (http://www.andrewscars.com/) (which got me into the whole game modding thing in the first place) and followed suite.

PhillihP
July 26th, 2007, 03:13 PM
My real name's Phillip, but I like it better with the extra h because that makes it a palindrome. :D

TeeKup
July 26th, 2007, 03:55 PM
I saw Chronicles of Riddick where he killed that one dude with his "teacup". I thought that was so brutally awesome that I kept TeeKup as my name, spelled with 2 e's and a K to make it original.

Whenever you see me in Halo or some other game, just get the image of a bloody porcelain teacup thrust into your chest. :downs:

Thats when Whiplash came up with Teekie McTeekinheimer, then Jayden with Teekerbell. Everyone mostly knows me by Teekie though.

et_cg
July 26th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Mines a result of years of refining and general forging. It's first incarnation results from the website NeoPets.

It was coolguy34122, haha. I don't know how, but I was just lazy and chose one of the first ones. I added the numbers up and it was my age at the time, 12.

After a while I got tired of that and got all depressed from the family life. So I decided, why be a coolguy, when you can "kill a coolguy?"

It then turned into killacg. People would pronounce it killacug or killack. I always corrected them with the correct way of saying it as "killa-cee-gee." I told them to call me killa. But being the trend it was to add the word killa to everyone's name at the time I was deciphering a new move.

It all happened around the time I was forming a new studio, and a website for it. Which the website is dead, but I still maintain the studio, http://www.et-mod.com/. It was my love of my life for a while. And to top all that off, I just stuck with the et base. I came up with it for no apparent reason, or connection. I just wanted a name apart from others.

The cg is mainly my obsession with computer graphics now. But after that whole, long, drawn out story, everyone will probably think I'm a lame old twelve year old at heart.

The end.

Or is it?

Atty
July 26th, 2007, 05:06 PM
My name originally on the Internet was Headshot45 on Gearbox, which became Atticus45 on XBL. Because everyone referred to me as Atticus I had my name on Gearbox changed to Atticus. After a few months the general intelligence of that forum fell dramatically, although no where near what it is now, and Atticus became too hard to pronounce or even spell. From there it became Atti, dropping the cus, and then I think TheGhost was the first to use the y instead of the i for AttyKissy, a name very favored by Kornwoman. So when I came to this forum to register shortly after it's creation, when it was apparent it would become a place of much :awesome: I used Atty, because everyone and their sister on the internet was referring to me as that.

If you care to know, Headshot45 came about from my Halo PC/CE clan of the day, the 45 being mandatory. Atticus, a popular clothing brand, just sounded cool to me so I used it.

And so middle aged men, children, and the FBI, that is how my name came to be.

Emmzee
July 26th, 2007, 05:23 PM
These stories are long.

I chose the name Emmzee as an extension of MZ, which was two letters chosen at random when I had to type in a save file name for Ocarina of Time on my N64. When I graced the Internet with my presence, I decided MZ was the lazy way of saying it, so I lengthened it to Emmzee, which it has remained ever since. I'd say the real first time I ever used Emmzee as it is spelled today was 1999, when it was my IGN for Tribes. Since then, people have been stealing my name, trying to emulate my awesomeness, but only succeeding in pissing me off.

Syuusuke
July 26th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Three simple words:

Prince of Tennis

mech
July 26th, 2007, 05:48 PM
What is prince of tennis?

Also, obsession with battletech.

TPE
July 26th, 2007, 05:50 PM
TPE=The Public Enemy

original name= Retardlad

Rentafence
July 26th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Atticus, a popular clothing brand, just sounded cool to me so I used it.

You didn't get it from To Kill A Mockingbird? I thought someone said you did on Gearbox, or some forum. I remember reading it somewhere...

Atty
July 26th, 2007, 05:57 PM
You didn't get it from To Kill A Mockingbird? I thought someone said you did on Gearbox, or some forum. I remember reading it somewhere...No. I didn't read To Kill a Mockingbird until after I had decided on that for a name. I got it from the clothing brand.

FRain
July 26th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Prepare to dive back into 2004....

(FLASH)

On Christmas of 2004 I recieved Halo PC, which I was wanting so bad, because you could play mods and stuff. I was looking at CE for ages and wanted it. I finally got it. I downloaded my first map... EngineRoom Beta... Yes, EngineRoom. By Kornman I tink...

I was still New001 at that time. I was thinking of a name I could go by. I originally sought out WiperViper because I *at the time was 12* would "wipe out like a viper" so I made my name WiperViper.

I ended up wanting to make a machinima which went horrible, called TheBezerks.. I became [BZ]WViper. After that I joined [KAS] (kick ass stunts) and became [BZKAS]WVpr.

Later, I became WViper430, which was my new name on GBX. I started out as Halo2hCE... God I was annoying back then. *goes into profile*

After that, I pulled a mistake and got myself banned from GBX, along with like 2 other people.

This was perfect timing when I got banned, as I was going to move from Tacoma to Gig Harbor in about 3 weeks. I lurked the GBX forums until I moved. This is about july 2005.

Well, since I moved, I obviously changed IP's. I then a month after I moved, signed back up at GBX.

While I was thinking of a name I reached into the fridge and grabbed me a bottle of 1 liter TalkingRain... I was like -ohai I could be TalkingRain.

After about about a year back at GBX TalkingRain got kind of old, and it didn't sound that good. I was thinking of something else....... Ah! I knew it! FlamingRain, FlamingRain is alot cooler than TalkingRain.

Yes, I'm only 15, not 16.

(FLASH)

Welcome back to 2007. I could elaborate, but I don't want to.

Archon23
July 26th, 2007, 06:35 PM
One word:

Starcraft.

STLRamsFan
July 26th, 2007, 06:36 PM
I'm a Rams fan, enough said. :downs:

dg
July 26th, 2007, 06:53 PM
The "945" I used to have at the end of my name was simply a set of numbers that stuck with me. Nothing about 9 = 4 + 5.

I had my named shortened to "dg" simply for minimalistic purposes. The two letters stand for my first and last name.

itszutak
July 26th, 2007, 06:55 PM
This starts in the year 2000. :O

Well...when I first used the internet at the age of 9, I used the username "hafu", since I was...well, a 9-year-old bionicle fanboy. About a year later, that changed to "Anake", which is Maori for "alone". (Hey fuck you I was 10 <_<).

Then I found halo, about two years later. Changed my name to "Goldelite", which I used on runescape. (Again, I was 12, so bugger off.)

About a year or so later, I tried signing into another forum, but ONOES WTF WHO STOL MI USER. So I thought up a new one. "Itszutak". I was 13, and so I had no idea how dumb that sounded.

So far that has stuck, but only because I love hearing people pronounce it on XBL.

Well, actually, I hate it.

I really should change my name, but I'm lazy now.

Syuusuke
July 26th, 2007, 06:56 PM
No, it's good actually.

Limited
July 26th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Budweiser bottle had the words "Limited Edition" written on the side, loved the beer. I needed a name and some one else gave it to me (read from the bottle lol)

Emmzee
July 26th, 2007, 07:49 PM
I'm a Rams fan, enough said. :downs:
Really? I thought you liked the Steelers.

2006 SUPERBOWL WIN GOES TO...THE STEELERS!

ONI
July 26th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Running Program: Incrimination

Downloading personal user information...

Data stored for future reference

Hotrod
July 26th, 2007, 08:05 PM
I got mine from a friend, who took half my name and added 3 random letters to make something.

Cortexian
July 26th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Freelancer, spawned from the awesome cool factor of Freelancer (http://www.microsoft.com/games/freelancer/) when it first came out.

Afterwards, and sometimes still, I use Xero, which is pronounced "Zero". It just stands out.

Jesus, you should see my cousins main gamer name, "Indigoaura", damn it's cool.

n00b1n8R
July 26th, 2007, 08:30 PM
i'm noobinator cos I terminate noobs.

(I use 1337 in it because it let me fit my name in halo with a clan tag :P)

thehoodedsmack
July 26th, 2007, 09:30 PM
My username was bestowed upon me in a most painful way. It was an early summer's day. Near the end of the school year. I was in grade 7. I was waiting with all the other children for the bus to arrive, because I lived ever-so-far away from the school. My old friend Ryan Woods comes flying out from behind, wearing a hooded sweatshirt, and pimp-slaps me before disappearing somewhere into the crowd. As he does it, he declares; "It's the hooded smack!". That, Aerowyn and gentlemen, is the story of my username.

Dole
July 26th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Budweiser bottle had the words "Limited Edition" written on the side, loved the beer. I needed a name and some one else gave it to me (read from the bottle lol)
Why'd you drop 9mm Man?

LlamaMaster
July 26th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Ehh, I used to watch ***cringes*** Jimmy Neutron several years ago, hence my name.

Neuro Guro
July 26th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Like, I was signing up for these forums and as I was filling out my info, these 3 hot chicks I know just wouldn't leave me alone. They kept like grabbing my crouch and stuff and I'm like "Hey come on I'm trying to fill this out here, it is serious business!" Well after I said that they pounced on me and we were doing the fooley cooley on my keyboard, and somehow the random combination of keys pressed created my user name and submitted it.

So I stuck with it.

Cortexian
July 26th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Like, I was signing up for these forums and as I was filling out my info, these 3 hot chicks I know just wouldn't leave me alone. They kept like grabbing my crouch and stuff and I'm like "Hey come on I'm trying to fill this out here, it is serious business!" Well after I said that they pounced on me and we were doing the fooley cooley on my keyboard, and somehow the random combination of keys pressed created my user name and submitted it.

So I stuck with it.
I believe you.

Atty
July 26th, 2007, 10:17 PM
I don't.

paladin
July 26th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Scott S of seattle washington. I got my name because my previous two were banned from GBX forums. This one was my third, and when this site launched i carried it over to here.

Neuro Guro
July 26th, 2007, 10:20 PM
I don't.

Atty I don't lie, I just twist the truth.

Atty
July 26th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Yeah, I know, it was really two underage boys, I understand why you hid the truth from us but still, I didn't see it right to go with it.

Boba
July 26th, 2007, 10:24 PM
I got my name from my hate for Star Wars. :saddowns:

Neuro Guro
July 26th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Yeah, I know, it was really two underage boys, I understand why you hid the truth from us but still, I didn't see it right to go with it.

No, actually it was just one hot chick, 3 would have definitely killed my keyboard.

Cortexian
July 26th, 2007, 10:27 PM
No, actually it was just one hot chick, 3 would have definitely killed my keyboard.
I don't believe you anymore.

:fail:

Amit
July 26th, 2007, 10:32 PM
lol, That'll teach to trust anybody on this forum. My username is my First name. My new nick name that i made up for my Gamertag is: Final Sunset. I got the name from this picture(i got it off someone form this forum in the Desktop thread):

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h262/amit9821/aweshumwp8xo2mw3.jpg

Warsaw
July 26th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Mine stands for Warsaw Pact, as can be derived from the avatar present underneath it and my previously demonstrated affinity for Eastern Bloc weapons.

AK-74 forever!
:cool:

EDIT: Also, Desert Eagles come in .357 Magnum, .44 Magnum, and .450 Corbon, as well as the .50 Action Express :p.

mR_r0b0to
July 26th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Uh ok

i started out as snes1337, cause the snes is the bestest console evar, but then i realized that the name's just stupid

then i had an obsession with styx for a short while.. i dont remember why.. so yeah

Masterz1337
July 26th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Masters = Name of old school
I was the best Halo PC player, I did a 1 vs 5 Team slayer game on Danger Canyon and won. There for I was leet

Therefore Masters1337, and after many hippygoth bannings I was forced to be Masterz1337

Dr Nick
July 26th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Well, contrary to what most people believe, Dr Nick is more fact based.

My dad, and grandfather are both Pharmacists(They sell drugs, legally).
And as some people would guess, my name is Nick.
And Dr Nick seemed like the last character in the world I would think of, but then I saw a Simpsons show(The last one I ever saw) and he was in it!

fuzzycow
July 26th, 2007, 11:12 PM
i like fuzzy animals and cows.

Dole
July 27th, 2007, 01:16 AM
My username is my First name.
Amit? o_O

STLRamsFan
July 27th, 2007, 01:23 AM
2007 SUPERBOWL WIN GOES TO...THE RAMS!

Fixed :)

k4is3rxkh40s
July 27th, 2007, 02:46 AM
Warning: If you dont wanna read my internet life story, just skip to the last few sentences

Well, sometime around when power rangers was still good and on fox on Saturday mornings, I came across the wonderful thing called the internet. Originally, being the oh-so-savvy person I am, I had to think up a name for my AOL account. Me, being still in maybe around 3rd grade or just somewhere in elementary school, I had my mom choose a name for me. She ended up coming up with BatangXZ, my two favorite movies at the time combined into one. (Batang X and Batang Z, Tagalog movies)
I had used the same name for ages until 6th grade. I had just discovered the oh so amazing and magical game called Anime Theme World Online(I cant remember what its exactly called). I ended up going with another combined name, this time 2 animes together, with some "spice" added to the end for no reason. :X

I was INUIKARI666 for a year or so then ended up getting bored of it and switched to LPguitarfreak666, Linkin Park+guitarfreak and the 666 at the end again. I kept the name for another year or so, then, discovered Halo:PC around last year. I went around with Lt. Penguin for a while after reviving child-hood memories of playing Halo on Xbox and just laughing after seening someone was kill by a Lieutenant Penguin. Eventually, I moved to k4is3rxkh40s after getting bored once more, and trying to spite a so-called "friend." He had used the name F0rgottenKhaos, so thats where I got the kh40s from. I added the k4is3rx just because I was thought it was cool.

rossmum
July 27th, 2007, 02:58 AM
My first internets name was Chippy, because as a baby I used to call dad's skis 'Chippy' for whatever retarded reason and one day Chippy happened to move in such a way that one ski was poking up through the small iron grating between the dining room floor and basement ceiling while both my parents were in the next room. Scared me shitless, and I can still remember it perfectly to this day. I had nothing else to use, so I used that.

After I discovered Halo at Christmas 2003, it became Hunter (with equals signs added where the name was already taken).

Finally, about 2-3 years ago, my friend Mills was making everyone RF2 profiles on his Xbox in preparation for his birthday party (he wanted to unlock stuff before we all arrived). He intended to call mine Ross's Mum for a joke, but it wouldn't fit... so he condensed it to rossmum. It stuck.

Bodzilla
July 28th, 2007, 02:23 AM
A deranged kid that used to live next door to me called me Bodzilla one day.
and seei'ng as i'm lazy as hell i cant be Fucked changing it.

Laziness rules supreme

LinkandKvel
July 28th, 2007, 02:32 AM
It's obvious I have an obsession to Legend of Zelda and K-vel is a shortened version of my real name (A.K.A. My rap name) But dashes wouldn't allow me to have the username So since then I went by LinkandKvel though I am looking for an alternative name. I don't like the fact people think this is a two man account.

Bastinka
July 28th, 2007, 02:34 AM
Rap is crap, imo.
Anyway.. The day was saved by whoever banned 50Cal or whats-its-name.
:hyper:

Bad Waffle
July 28th, 2007, 03:00 AM
When i would go to lan parties, i would always trip on the cables, therefore i got the name "wave of lag" because i would literally throw a tsunami of lag at unsuspecting peoplez.

Berkut
July 28th, 2007, 06:29 AM
Russian for Golden Eagle, my favourite bird.

MNC
July 28th, 2007, 06:35 AM
I got mine from a friend, who took half my name and added 3 random letters to make something. I thought it was the Transformer that got Optimus Prime killed in that old movie :o

Also, MNC = MasterNeoChief. Halo and Matrix. Go figure, it sucks, but it stuck.

Roostervier
July 28th, 2007, 11:19 AM
<---- My avy, plus the fact that I was 10 and was signing up on my first forum =3. It isn't flyingrooster because it could be thought of as flyin grooster, and that sounds gay D:

CN3089
July 28th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Mine is an anagram of 38N0C9. http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/awesomegrin.gif

A deranged kid that used to live next door to me called me Bodzilla one day.

and all this time I thought you were badzilla

Ki11a_FTW
July 28th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Ki11a because i like the kill things, FTW because, i always win

Atty
July 28th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Ki11a because i like the kill things, FTW because, i always winI've just proven this statement incorrect.

Xegrot
July 28th, 2007, 01:08 PM
When Halo PC arrived (I got it the day it came out :D), I started with Arrowhead as my name. I didn't like it, so I would constantly switch it around. Then, I made a sort of evil profile called Bane where I would go and mess up noob servers on Custom Edition and get myself banned. :P

Finally, after playing with that name for a while, I decided to go for a change. I started toying with the letter "Z", trying to figure something out. After a while, I got "Zegrot", but it didn't suit for some reason... I changed the Z to an X and it has stuck ever since.

Metkil5685
July 28th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Mine starts back in my Nintendo days. I was a huge Metroid fan. When I was 13 my parents allowed me to sign up on the Nintendo Power forums. I needed to think of a name. At first I had metrodkiller46. I thought it was original. Oh oops it's too long. So I shortened it. Metkil. Oh Too Short. Add 4 random numbers. After that it stuck. 3 Years Later...

Bodzilla
July 28th, 2007, 08:56 PM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/awesomegrin.gif
and all this time I thought you were badzilla
nah :P
just my posts :)

DaneO'Roo
July 28th, 2007, 09:21 PM
names Dane, one day in art class this fat bitch I hate called Helen was calling me Dane-O and it pissed me off, but at the time, the girl I liked and am now currently in a relationship with and love also started calling me Dane-O so I then liked it!

So I shortened it and it became Dano. Still pronounced "Dayno", not "Dan O"

>:[

However, Dano shouldn't be my real username..

:O

Well, throughout my ENTIRE gaming life, my username was Drake. (Bodzilla can confirm this) It started because I liked dragons, and it stuck with me, used it in every game I ever played, until Halo.

:/ I'd love to be Drake again if modz wanted to change my name ;D

Oh and I've got one I use for aliases, or multiple accounts, ReVerB